Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: is it legal to shoot at...

  1. #1
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default is it legal to shoot at...

    the old high court and the national stadium? anyone know and can elaborate?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  2. #2

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    No, because it's illegal to even have guns in singapore. Shooting at those old buildings will result in you getting shot pretty quickly.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    No, because it's illegal to even have guns in singapore. Shooting at those old buildings will result in you getting shot pretty quickly.
    haha funny. next stale joke please. serious question la.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  4. #4
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    few months back, i was shooting the old supreme court and city hall, standing between the 2 building (the small little drive way), the security walk over and told me cannot shoot there?

    than i told him these 2 buildings had been shot till death more most photogs in singapore and tourist, posted in magazines, blogs, forums etc. he told me thats chargable offence.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    few months back, i was shooting the old supreme court and city hall, standing between the 2 building (the small little drive way), the security walk over and told me cannot shoot there?

    than i told him these 2 buildings had been shot till death more most photogs in singapore and tourist, posted in magazines, blogs, forums etc. he told me thats chargable offence.
    i shot there twice... nothing happen?
    one of those two times i saw security guards too but they didnt care about me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    i shot there twice... nothing happen?
    one of those two times i saw security guards too but they didnt care about me.
    thats because i am a security / police magnet. very common when i shoot.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  7. #7
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    thats because i am a security / police magnet. very common when i shoot.
    You are dangerous!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  8. #8
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    hmm im interested to know too
    do they still allow people to go into the national stadium for shoots?

  9. #9

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    he told me thats chargable offence.
    Under what law? Sounds like another overzealous police officer who doesn't know what he's talking about. :P
    Alpha

  10. #10

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    if you want to shoot leisurely at national stadium iirc no problems just inform the security guard there but if you want to have model shoot etc. must apply permit from ssc i think. maybe i'm wrong.
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  11. #11
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    if you want to shoot leisurely at national stadium iirc no problems just inform the security guard there but if you want to have model shoot etc. must apply permit from ssc i think. maybe i'm wrong.
    how to get permission from ssc?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  12. #12
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    few months back, i was shooting the old supreme court and city hall, standing between the 2 building (the small little drive way), the security walk over and told me cannot shoot there?

    than i told him these 2 buildings had been shot till death more most photogs in singapore and tourist, posted in magazines, blogs, forums etc. he told me thats chargable offence.
    ya its inconsistent. vince got any input?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  13. #13

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    the old high court and the national stadium? anyone know and can elaborate?
    i don't think there is any issue, to be honest.

    but not sure about model shoots, if that's what you're planning.

    in any case, security guards will always tell you that it is not legal 80% of the time, but they do not really know what is going on. they're just trying to earn their keep. these two buildings are not sensitive buildings in any sense of the word "sensitive", and if you aren't standing on private/government property, then the security guard really does not have any right to tell you to shoo off.

  14. #14
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i don't think there is any issue, to be honest.

    but not sure about model shoots, if that's what you're planning.

    in any case, security guards will always tell you that it is not legal 80% of the time, but they do not really know what is going on. they're just trying to earn their keep. these two buildings are not sensitive buildings in any sense of the word "sensitive", and if you aren't standing on private/government property, then the security guard really does not have any right to tell you to shoo off.
    i agree that's why i'm trying to acertain what's the best way to get permission so we don't get hassled model shoot or not.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  15. #15

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    i agree that's why i'm trying to acertain what's the best way to get permission so we don't get hassled model shoot or not.
    the problem is, sometimes you ask permission, become cannot, actually can.

    for example, you email ssc, then suddenly their security guards get instructions to chase off anyone looking like they are doing model shoots.

    it is always such a hard decision to make. sometimes when i travel, i also have to make that decision, to act blur and shoot anyways, then worry about later, or to ask nicely, and get rejected, and possibly erase all chances of being able to shoot.

  16. #16
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the problem is, sometimes you ask permission, become cannot, actually can.

    for example, you email ssc, then suddenly their security guards get instructions to chase off anyone looking like they are doing model shoots.

    it is always such a hard decision to make. sometimes when i travel, i also have to make that decision, to act blur and shoot anyways, then worry about later, or to ask nicely, and get rejected, and possibly erase all chances of being able to shoot.
    for the stadium i doubt they so jialat, the court is different story...that time i was there at the stadium just to shoot the place for fun there was a video crew there filming.was told by the guard should arrange it with the guard room so these things don't clash...speaking of which...anyway know the # to the guard room?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  17. #17
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    than again, the question here is, are u going to shoot inside the buildings or outside? makes alot of different.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  18. #18
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    than again, the question here is, are u going to shoot inside the buildings or outside? makes alot of different.
    inside. that time the filming in the stadium was inside. and they were allowed there...if i remember right they were doing a long night shoot somemore.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  19. #19
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    oops, sorry, my experience is only for shooting outside the buildings. cant help u for shooting inside.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  20. #20
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: is it legal to shoot at...

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    oops, sorry, my experience is only for shooting outside the buildings. cant help u for shooting inside.
    np the thread's meant to be a discussion anyway. you didn't ot so bo bian
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •