Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Your image copyright

  1. #1

    Default Your image copyright

    How do you distribute you image?

    What do you do if you upload it to the website or someone request the pictures i.e models?
    Do you include the original file(i.e raw without copyright notice) as well?

    How do you prevent someone from copying your images and removing the copyright message?

    Do you hide your exif?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Your image copyright

    if you worry so much, better not to put up on the web at all.

    btw, i don't know about models, but i will never give original jpg (full size) or raw file if i am not getting paid in any way.

    98% of the time my file uplaoded in the net will be very small size, 650 pixels longest side

  3. #3
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Your image copyright

    1. If someone requests, then you decide if you want to give it to her. But I dont suggest giving the original file - after the person take the original file and claim copyright is theirs, and then you have problems Because digital files are easily copied, you then have unncessary trouble trying to prove YOURS is the original.

    2. There are ways to make it difficult to copy, but none can truly stop a determined person. Such techniques include things like physical watermark, digital watermark, flash masks, putting photo as flash movie etc.

    3. You cannot prevent soemone from removing your physical watermark - but if you put it in a strategic place, it can again, make it more difficult for him.

    Digital watermarks are, as far as a I know, almost impossible to remove.

    Quote Originally Posted by hokkaido88 View Post
    How do you distribute you image?

    What do you do if you upload it to the website or someone request the pictures i.e models?
    Do you include the original file(i.e raw without copyright notice) as well?

    How do you prevent someone from copying your images and removing the copyright message?

    Do you hide your exif?

  4. #4
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Your image copyright

    it is your image, you can decide what you want to give, or not

  5. #5

    Default Re: Your image copyright

    Yeah I knew but the problem is how to reject request from others without hurting their feeling.

    i.e If the models politely request from you and it happen that she's quite friendly and pretty isn't hard to reject her request?

    or your best friend ask for the original because he want to learn how you shoot and want to look the original resolution? Rejecting them would mean that you're not their best friend and selffish?

    And lastly how do you placed digital watermark?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Your image copyright

    Quote Originally Posted by hokkaido88 View Post
    i.e If the models politely request from you and it happen that she's quite friendly and pretty isn't hard to reject her request?
    then for crying out loud, think with your mind, and not elsewhere..

    you can always say no, unless it was agreed that you would give.

    politely, if they ask politely, that's all you're obligated to do.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: Your image copyright

    Quote Originally Posted by hokkaido88 View Post
    Yeah I knew but the problem is how to reject request from others without hurting their feeling.

    i.e If the models politely request from you and it happen that she's quite friendly and pretty isn't hard to reject her request?
    Urm... its hard to believe a model's feelings will be hurt when you do not give them a photo. But they would be angry if that was your arrangement and you backed out under the guise of copyright.

    The "friendly and pretty" part should not come into consideration. If it was, you'd probably be very busy entertaining such requests.... and earn a reputation for giving free original pics among other "friendly and pretty" models who would then seek you out (hmmm... which if that was your intention....then your statement would make sense).

    Quote Originally Posted by hokkaido88 View Post
    or your best friend ask for the original because he want to learn how you shoot and want to look the original resolution? Rejecting them would mean that you're not their best friend and selffish?

    And lastly how do you placed digital watermark?
    Btw, if you rezie a picture, the exif should still be intact. So you can send them resized pics with the exif intact. But a better way is to teach. Other important factors cannot be derived from the exif alone.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Your image copyright

    What's so special, this kind of photos anyone can take

  9. #9

    Default Re: Your image copyright

    Erh, not really. Some shoots really someother amateurs won't have chance to shoot them or at least some special studio poses

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •