Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203540434445464750 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1018

Thread: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

  1. #881
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Ok...good night...

    time for me to zonk...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  2. #882
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    so i got 18-70 and 50mm..... what will i be needing?
    thts why sigma 10-20 / sigma 12-24 comes to mind

    i know i wont be interested in zoom lenses... not really a fan of the moon and birds in the sky.
    Ask yourself, why 24mm, just because it is small and compact and your love for prime lenses???????

    Photo speak louder my dear, not gear.......although i always teasing about bbb, but most of us in this thread shoot seriously and shoot very often. I myself shot almost everyday.

    18-70mm can do wonder if you wanted it to perform.

    Van only use her kit lens and shot so many wonderful photos, only a few month ago, then she own her 50mm.

  3. #883
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Well.. it depends on what you shoot and how you shoot....
    i guess more of architectures, street shots and portraits only lor...

    not really that much into nature, unless overseas one

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Give you some history......

    i start off with 28-70 during film time, the start with 18-50mm, it can cover all my need in photography......until a day i want to major in landscape, then i brought a sigma 24mm (16mm for your case), cost only $150.
    hmmm
    on top of lenses i still need to add flash onto my BBB list. my SB-22s recharge take 4s -__-" tht time i tried my dad's friend's sb600 on my camera, quite shiok to use.

  4. #884
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Ask yourself, why 24mm, just because it is small and compact and your love for prime lenses???????

    Photo speak louder my dear, not gear.......although i always teasing about bbb, but most of us in this thread shoot seriously and shoot very often. I myself shot almost everyday.

    18-70mm can do wonder if you wanted it to perform.

    Van only use her kit lens and shot so many wonderful photos, only a few month ago, then she own her 50mm.

    ya i think i wanted to bbb cus of my craze over prime lenses.
    i fell in love with prime ever since i got the nikon 50mm F1.8
    but if say like that, i dont seem to need any lens liao leh... is that a good thing

  5. #885
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    try to buy what you really need, and flash is one of the necessary items u need.

    BBB SB-600

  6. #886
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    ya i think i wanted to bbb cus of my craze over prime lenses.
    i fell in love with prime ever since i got the nikon 50mm F1.8
    but if say like that, i dont seem to need any lens liao leh... is that a good thing
    that is a good thing, maybe just shoot more and post more photo here, most of us here really want everyone in this thread to grow in term of skill together.

    That why i only post my humble shots here and my APAD.

    Really hope that you can join us for shooting soon.

  7. #887
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    try to buy what you really need, and flash is one of the necessary items u need.

    BBB SB-600
    cus i always thought i can compensate the need for flash with brighter lenses, ie lenses with higher aperture. thts why i prime lenses. heh


    OK really must sleep liao i was supposed to log off at 1.45am. good night!

  8. #888
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    that is a good thing, maybe just shoot more and post more photo here, most of us here really want everyone in this thread to grow in term of skill together.

    That why i only post my humble shots here and my APAD.

    Really hope that you can join us for shooting soon.


    i also hope can join u all soon ^_^
    hope that the next outing dont clash with anything

  9. #889
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    bye bye president of PPC

  10. #890

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    i guess more of architectures, street shots and portraits only lor...

    not really that much into nature, unless overseas one

    hmmm
    on top of lenses i still need to add flash onto my BBB list. my SB-22s recharge take 4s -__-" tht time i tried my dad's friend's sb600 on my camera, quite shiok to use.
    Flash is good to have or a must have if u are serious into photography where it helps in many ways for your shoot.

    SB22s is ok ah, it depend how often u need it for shoot? Like wedding shoot? which i think you didt shoot that right?

    But it will be good to have a flash where can be bounced. hahahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    ya i think i wanted to bbb cus of my craze over prime lenses.
    i fell in love with prime ever since i got the nikon 50mm F1.8
    but if say like that, i dont seem to need any lens liao leh... is that a good thing
    you will never stop getting new lens or 2nd hand lens. Cos you never know when you will need it or your "style" of shooting, or perhaps what kind of perspective of range of lenses you like.

    SOme like wide some like tele etc.

    Personally, i use prime.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  11. #891
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    cus i always thought i can compensate the need for flash with brighter lenses, ie lenses with higher aperture. thts why i prime lenses. heh


    OK really must sleep liao i was supposed to log off at 1.45am. good night!
    things don't work this way..........flash works is much more than that.

  12. #892

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    cus i always thought i can compensate the need for flash with brighter lenses, ie lenses with higher aperture. thts why i prime lenses. heh


    not this way la
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  13. #893
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    Personally, i use prime.
    me too

    and mid tele is my favourite range.

  14. #894

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    i also hope can join u all soon ^_^
    hope that the next outing dont clash with anything
    soon there will be

    hahahaha
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  15. #895
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    weekends if we can

  16. #896

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    me too

    and mid tele is my favourite range.
    I love 35mm perspective. Not too wide nor too narrow for street.

    after crop is about 52mm....... but also ok la so far

    My ideal for me will be, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm. Here will be my "full" set for me.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  17. #897

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    weekends if we can
    u mean outing ah?
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  18. #898

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    still considering 35 1.8
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  19. #899
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    still considering 35 1.8

  20. #900
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - LIX

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    u mean outing ah?
    yes!!

    but i realise i having RT on sat soon.....

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203540434445464750 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •