13th April 2009, 06:12 PM
<< Photoscholar.com >> Basic Digital Photography > 12 May TUESDAY 6:30pm
Basic Digital Photography )
Good photography is all about making the right choices -- and they aren't only the scary, technical ones.
Through live demonstrations and sample photographs, find out how making simple but critical decisions will dramatically improve your photography; learn to take control of your camera and solve real-world photography problems; and discover what makes a good photo good, and a bad photo rotten.
In four intensive lessons, instructors Lin Junjie | tiffstudios.com & Lance Lee | offstone.com provides participants with the fundamentals to advance their photography beyond the casual snapshots.
Starting 12th May 2009
Every Tuesday till 2 June 2009
04 lessons of 02 hours each
Venue: The Riverwalk, 20 Upper Circular Rd, #01-01
Conveniently located along Singapore River right between Boat Quay & Clarke Quay
3 mins from Clarke Quay MRT or 10 mins from City Hall MRT
Lesson One -- Aesthetics
1. Decisions, decisions, decisions -- simple choices that dramatically improve your photography
2. Using visual devices -- techniques for making your subject and photo stand out from others
3. The decisive moment -- tips and tricks to getting the shot at the right time
Lesson Two -- Technical
1. Focusing and shutter release -- taking controls over autofocusing
2. Exposure -- it's all about light
3. Metering -- is there something like a correct exposure? how does the camera figure that out?
Lesson Three -- Light and lenses
1. Light -- understanding different types of and how to make the best out of the worst
2. Flash -- why you should turn off the flash in night and use it in bright daylight, balancing with ambient, troubleshooting
3. Lenses -- the vocabulary of photography; strengths, quirks and limitations, making sense of jargons
Lesson Four -- Learning to critique & intro to DI
1. Critiquing photographs -- what makes a good photo good and a bad photo rotten
2. Intro to digital imaging -- with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2, concepts applicable to all digital imaging software, learn the best techniques to shoot breathtaking panoramas
3. Going further -- wrapping up and further learning
Students must have their own DSLR or compact camera with manual override features (such as Canon G10)
Fees & Registration
Course Fees: S$200/- pax
Early Bird Promotion: Pay in full by April 30th and enjoy 10% discount! Pay $180 instead of $200!
Bring-a-friend promotion: Bring a friend along and enjoy $10 off your course fees!
Facebook Membership Discount: Join our Photoscholar.com facebook group (http://photoscholar.com/facebook) one week before course commences to enjoy another $10 discount.
Sign up now!
To register, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sms us at 90992285