Thread: Macau Trip

Default Macau Trip

I'm planning a trip to Macau this May.
    What kind of cam stuff should I be bringing? Is a wide angle needed to capture the buildings & landscapes?

Going to the old town of Macau. What should I be expecting there?
    Olympus EM-5 | 12-50mm | 14mm | Canon 17-55mm | 430EX

Default Re: Macau Trip

Macau is a very small city, just a population of about 500,000. No breath-taking nor sweeping landscapes, but offers urban and nostalgic photographic opportunities.

I would say, a wide angle lens or a 50mm prime lens will be sufficient. The old town Macau can be very congested, but if you keep your eyes open, you'll discover many little wonders.

The month of May usually brings a lot of rain, so come prepared for wet weather. You can leave your polarisers at home, for the past 15 months I'm here, I've only seen the sun shining brightly only a couple of times

Let me know if you have any questions about Macau (sightseeing, hotel recommendations, where to eat, nightclubs, places to cheong , etc), I'm not the expert or know-all, but having lived here for the last 15 months, I'll try my best to help.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.