Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Beginner in DSLR

  1. #1

    Default Beginner in DSLR

    Hi everyone, just got my 1st DSLR today. Canon EOS 1000D, hope I did not make a wrong choice. I have some questions to ask from you all.

    1) Which dry cabinet should I buy?
    2) Will dry cabinet consume high eletricity?
    3) Where to buy?

    Lastly, my mind is so blank now that I do not know what to do with my camera. It is now still laying in the box. Can someone advise me please. Thank you so much.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Hello...welcome.

    Doesn't matter which brand of dry cabinet. You can visit MS Color, Cathay Photo, and the other friendly stores. They do carry dry cabinets. Electricity consumption is very minimal.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #3

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    you can start by getting the neck strap on your cam and maybe charge the batt.

    1) Which dry cabinet should I buy? - try google
    2) Will dry cabinet consume high eletricity? - no, for almost all
    3) Where to buy? - Cathay, MS, go look around.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    358

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    haha good for you. for a start take the camera out of the box and start experimenting with it, will definitely do more good than it laying in the box also, read the manual to better understand your camera functions, and also read more from the forums, books or websites to better understand photography.

    to answer your questions, any brand will do. more popular one would perhaps be Digi-Cabi. it comes in various sizes, and are measure by litres. a 30L one should do you fine, and apart from reputable shops, you can even get them from ntuc and carrefour. and yes, electrical consumption is minimal, and will overall be cheaper than not maintaing your equipment.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Thanks for the fast respones. Should I attend the free camera training at Canon?

  6. #6
    Member rajahchindian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Jurong West
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    YES OF COURSE

    1) its free (kiasu singaporean)
    2) you will learn quite alot. don't you want to learn to use ur equipment properly.
    unless you are a seasoned canongrapher.

    anw.
    you might want to try Digicabi
    comes with 5 years warranty too.
    EOS 7D | EOS 50D | EF50f/1.4 | Flickr | www.krjefferson.com

  7. #7

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchan View Post
    Thanks for the fast respones. Should I attend the free camera training at Canon?
    If u r lazy to read the manual then go lor

    Jokes aside.... If it's free why not? U have nothing to lose anyway.... They might even have useful tips for u on maybe maintainance or something??

  8. #8
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchan View Post
    Hi everyone, just got my 1st DSLR today. Canon EOS 1000D, hope I did not make a wrong choice. I have some questions to ask from you all.

    1) Which dry cabinet should I buy?
    2) Will dry cabinet consume high eletricity?
    3) Where to buy?

    Lastly, my mind is so blank now that I do not know what to do with my camera. It is now still laying in the box. Can someone advise me please. Thank you so much.
    1) get digi-cabi DB-036 at $118...anything higher u kena carrot liao..
    2) nah...
    3) like wat they say, try MS, CP.....

    lastly, open ur box n start SSS

    u can join the 1000D club thread should u req further assistance..

    anyway, welcome to CS!

  9. #9
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchan View Post
    Thanks for the fast respones. Should I attend the free camera training at Canon?
    if u are very new to DSLR, just go...

    they teach u the basic of DSLR handling...and they might poison u with a few red rubber band.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    if u are very new to DSLR, just go...

    they teach u the basic of DSLR handling...and they might poison u with a few red rubber band.
    Their rubber band not cheap, at least 1.2k IIRC....

    Dun buy from them ok? Wanna buy come to me, I sell u cheap cheap $500 I give u one big packet

  11. #11
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Their rubber band not cheap, at least 1.2k IIRC....

    Dun buy from them ok? Wanna buy come to me, I sell u cheap cheap $500 I give u one big packet
    hmm...

    ok, i throw in another pack, multi color than his..

    buy 1 get 1 free...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Huh?
    Wat is red rubber band?

  13. #13
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchan View Post
    Huh?
    Wat is red rubber band?
    This one....

    be very careful....once u step in it, there's no way out

  14. #14

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchan View Post
    Huh?
    Wat is red rubber band?
    Rubber band that is red in colour lah.... Take note, nikon's golden rubber band(more commonly seen as yellow) is also very expensive..... I dun usually sell these nikon golden rubber bands, but if u want, I can sell them to u cheap cheap oso...

    aiyah, red rubber band is meant to be put around the lens one. Some of them when u buy got rubber band already, Those with rubber bands more expensive, they are also commonly known as L lens...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Rubber band that is red in colour lah.... Take note, nikon's golden rubber band(more commonly seen as yellow) is also very expensive..... I dun usually sell these nikon golden rubber bands, but if u want, I can sell them to u cheap cheap oso...

    aiyah, red rubber band is meant to be put around the lens one. Some of them when u buy got rubber band already, Those with rubber bands more expensive, they are also commonly known as L lens...
    Oic, now i understood.

  16. #16
    Member rajahchindian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Jurong West
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    This one....

    be very careful....once u step in it, there's no way out
    Red rubber band is awesome if you can afford it.
    EOS 7D | EOS 50D | EF50f/1.4 | Flickr | www.krjefferson.com

  17. #17

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchan View Post
    Hi everyone, just got my 1st DSLR today. Canon EOS 1000D, hope I did not make a wrong choice. I have some questions to ask from you all.

    1) Which dry cabinet should I buy?
    2) Will dry cabinet consume high eletricity?
    3) Where to buy?

    Lastly, my mind is so blank now that I do not know what to do with my camera. It is now still laying in the box. Can someone advise me please. Thank you so much.


    1) If you are on budget, just get one from Carrefour for under $100.
    2) Minimal consumption
    3) as above

    Huh.. ? What's a camera for? To take peekture my friend.
    You're not gonna transform ur DLSR into a robot right? (not a Transformer... )

    You can start with AP, SP or M. Not sure what these are? Can start reading here.

    Still finding it all too hard to digest? Just bring your cam out and start shooting away.
    :: Nikon D90 | Tamron 17 - 50mm f2.8 VC | Nikkor 85mm f1.8| Nikkor 50mm f1.8 ::

  18. #18

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Finally start to use my camera today. So quite confused with all the control buttons. Just found out today that nikon is lauching its lastest camera D5000. Felt so lost, I should have wait before I buy my Canon 1000D.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchan View Post
    Finally start to use my camera today. So quite confused with all the control buttons. Just found out today that nikon is lauching its lastest camera D5000. Felt so lost, I should have wait before I buy my Canon 1000D.
    Erm.... D5000 and 1000D are not in the same league both in price n specs....

    D5000 is more like a head to head competition for 500D instead. Anyway, dun worry so much. Juz shoot

    Anyway, IMO, Nikon's interface is a little harder to master than Canon's..... But, well, it's my own opinion, so no worries.

  20. #20
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Beginner in DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchan View Post
    Finally start to use my camera today. So quite confused with all the control buttons. Just found out today that nikon is lauching its lastest camera D5000. Felt so lost, I should have wait before I buy my Canon 1000D.
    why bother so much after u have got ur cam??

    just go out there n SSS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •