Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 988

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

  1. #921

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    How to test for front/back focus issue?


    GMAN
    http://focustestchart.com/chart.html
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  2. #922

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Agree with it.
    my 70-300mm is also bit noisier.
    But the IQ is really nice for the 17-50mm F2.8.
    Quite worth the money.
    I had my fair share of Tamron 70-300mm, most probably the generation earlier than what you are holding onto. Quality's not bad for an affordable lens.

    As for 17-50mm f/2.8, its one of the better alternatives to Canon's 17-55 f/2.8 other than the part of 5mm difference in zoom and image stabilization.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  3. #923
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Yeah! molo doin my first official shoot for my company.

    got visitor from oversea visiting sch, so my vp arrow me to assist.

    guys, anything for me to take note leh?

    btw, i'm goin to a girl's sch..but primary sch..

    ah...nvm, still got lady teacher

  4. #924
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    quick quick chiong into TCSS Season 4!!

  5. #925
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    forget these.... use batts can liao!!

  6. #926

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    guys, anything for me to take note leh?
    Take pictures of XMMs!
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  7. #927

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    forget these.... use batts can liao!!
    But that's more professional!
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  8. #928
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    But that's more professional!
    hahaha... using testchart is pro!!!

  9. #929
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Yeah! molo doin my first official shoot for my company.

    got visitor from oversea visiting sch, so my vp arrow me to assist.

    guys, anything for me to take note leh?

    btw, i'm goin to a girl's sch..but primary sch..

    ah...nvm, still got lady teacher
    What's the occassion?

    Are you the only photographer?

    I did a VIP visit. I was one of the several official photographers (about 7), I am always in front of all the walking VIPs. Snapped with a photojournalistic view because you do not have the time to plan your shots. But a good knowledge of the area is to your advantage.

    Use flash if possible. Beware of lighting and WB. It can get challenging.

  10. #930

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    hahaha... using testchart is pro!!!
    Tested and proven.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  11. #931
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    this is how to test the f/b focusing of a lens...
    focus the middle batt. set to the biggest aperture, say for example f1.0 (if buying 50mm/1.0L lol). try to get AF lock at min focusing distance before shoot.
    check the image taken to see which batt is in focus. if the one u focus lock is in focus then the lens has no issue.


  12. #932
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    What's the occassion?

    Are you the only photographer?

    I did a VIP visit. I was one of the several official photographers (about 7), I am always in front of all the walking VIPs. Snapped with a photojournalistic view because you do not have the time to plan your shots. But a good knowledge of the area is to your advantage.

    Use flash if possible. Beware of lighting and WB. It can get challenging.
    power!!! u are the man!!

  13. #933

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    this is how to test the f/b focusing of a lens...
    focus the middle batt. set to the biggest aperture, say for example f1.0 (if buying 50mm/1.0L lol). try to get AF lock at min focusing distance before shoot.
    check the image taken to see which batt is in focus. if the one u focus lock is in focus then the lens has no issue.

    2500mAh
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  14. #934
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    I had my fair share of Tamron 70-300mm, most probably the generation earlier than what you are holding onto. Quality's not bad for an affordable lens.

    As for 17-50mm f/2.8, its one of the better alternatives to Canon's 17-55 f/2.8 other than the part of 5mm difference in zoom and image stabilization.
    Yup, the tamron 70-300mm IQ is much better than EF70-300mm yet cheaper than that also.
    Then for the 17-50mm F/2.8, it is really a "poor" ppl's L lens.
    Very sharp pic and I am loving it now.
    For this range, I can get 1/6s without IS for a clear pic.
    So, it is not an issue for me.
    450D/17-50 F2.8 HSM OS/50 F1.8/430EXII/85 F1.8/BenroA300EX/55-250 IS/ 35mm F2

  15. #935
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    WD Passport is great. I use it my self. WD passport Elite 250GB and the Mybook 500GB Home edition.


    Great drives. You should look into them as well.


    GMAN
    I have 500GB Seagate Pro Desktop + 1TB WD My Book Home Edition.

    I should be getting a 250GB WD Passport. Anyone knows how much Challenger selling? Usually member buy cheaper than at SLS. Hehe!

  16. #936
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    My portable HDD failed on me.

    Got my school files inside and I need them at home and left with no choice I am here back in school to get from my backups.

    Seems like I need to get a new portable hdd. Damn.
    Maxtor 1TB $179, I saw it at challenger, my eyes big, my wife drag me off.

  17. #937

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Yup, the tamron 70-300mm IQ is much better than EF70-300mm yet cheaper than that also.
    Then for the 17-50mm F/2.8, it is really a "poor" ppl's L lens.
    Very sharp pic and I am loving it now.
    For this range, I can get 1/6s without IS for a clear pic.
    So, it is not an issue for me.
    Come to think about it, there's quite a few EF 70-300mm that were priced

    Mine before I sold it:
    Last edited by Yoh; 16th April 2009 at 11:08 PM.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  18. #938
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    2500mAh
    buy me a starbuck coffee, i give u 8xAAss....

  19. #939
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by 3in1c View Post
    Maxtor 1TB $179, I saw it at challenger, my eyes big, my wife drag me off.
    1TB is desktop which I have already. See above.

    I need to get the small portable one.

  20. #940
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by 3in1c View Post
    Maxtor 1TB $179, I saw it at challenger, my eyes big, my wife drag me off.
    Haha. Good thing i have no wife. Haha...Hope not forever though.


    GMAN

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •