Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 988

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

  1. #821
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    My portable HDD failed on me.

    Got my school files inside and I need them at home and left with no choice I am here back in school to get from my backups.

    Seems like I need to get a new portable hdd. Damn.

  2. #822
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Please PM me to confirm your attendance for this Sunday's Tee Collection + Shoot Shoot Shoot.

    Those coming for SSS only, please also PM me to confirm your attendance.

    Thanks.

    PM Received:
    1. xhui
    2. JPLim
    3. loserow
    4. benghui
    5. La Vida
    6. RyuHendrabusa
    Last edited by RyanG; 16th April 2009 at 05:58 PM.

  3. #823

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    My portable HDD failed on me.

    Got my school files inside and I need them at home and left with no choice I am here back in school to get from my backups.

    Seems like I need to get a new portable hdd. Damn.
    new or old??
    Gripped 450D | 18-55 IS | 55-250 IS | 50 f1.8 | 580 EX II

  4. #824
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    2 years already I think.

  5. #825
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    My portable HDD failed on me.

    Got my school files inside and I need them at home and left with no choice I am here back in school to get from my backups.

    Seems like I need to get a new portable hdd. Damn.
    Which brand? Maxtor, Seagate? If it's 2 years old, i believe you can do a 1 to 1 exchange with the service center.


    GMAN

  6. #826
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    if got wanna join mah...me dun mind goin over n shoot mm...

    anyway, how ur tamron 70-300?

    Btw, anyone noe how much is 24-105 cost rite now? 1.5k or ard 1.8?

    ninja boy, got check price for me?
    Yes, i checked price today. Didn't go the other day because had some work to do.


    John 3:16 is selling at $1740. Cathay should be lesser.


    GMAN

  7. #827
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Hi guys, just came back from testing some lenses. I didn't go on Tuesday, because i had some work to do.


    Well, Funan was pretty quite and the SIGMA escalator failed once again. The escalator brand is SIGMA. Cool yeah. Wanted to take a picture, but the service guy took the panel off which had the Brand name.


    Before i share with you my findings, i've tried going to my old time patron store to look for lightroom2. The lady told me that Educational Versions of Lightroom2 are now all directly sold to schools and so.


    So if you want to get LR2, get them from MO, Riceball. He may still have some of the older Education priced batches. Save yourself some money. The Non-education version cost a bomb. Super expensive. About $700. Photoshop Suite even costs more.


    I didn't have much time to go around to check prices, so i check at one of my usual store. John 3:16. The store was pretty quiet. Very surprised actually. I thought i would have luck testing each lens peacefully. One of the first customer of the day. As soon as i stepped in have people swarming in already. =.=

    Any way here are the prices.


    Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 ---$650.00
    Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 ---Unavailable. New stock pricing coming. Was told around $1000++

    Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 ---$1970.00
    Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 IS ---$2970.00
    Canon EF 70-200mm F4 IS ---$1870.00

    Canon EF 24-105mm ---$1740.00
    Canon EF 17-40mm ---Unavailable. New stock pricing coming.
    Canon EFS 17-55mm ---$1550.00


    So that's about it. Prices are slightly high here. And my advice is to check out Cathay's pricing as well. Cathay's pricing should be around $50 - $100 cheaper. Subjected to the lenses of course.


    GMAN
    Last edited by Ninja23XX; 16th April 2009 at 04:48 PM.

  8. #828

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Hi guys, just came back from testing some lenses. I didn't go on Tuesday, because i had some work to do.


    Well, Funan was pretty quite and the SIGMA escalator failed once again. The escalator brand is SIGMA. Cool yeah. Wanted to take a picture, but the service guy took the panel off which had the Brand name.


    Before i share with you my findings, i've tried going to my old time patron store to look for lightroom2. The lady told me that Educational Versions of Lightroom2 are now all directly sold to schools and so.


    So if you want to get LR2, get them from MO, Riceball. He may still have some of the older Education priced batches. Save yourself some money. The Non-education version cost a bomb. Super expensive. About $700. Photoshop Suite even costs more.


    I didn't have much time to go around to check prices, so i check at one of my usual store. John 3:16. The store was pretty quiet. Very surprised actually. I thought i would have luck testing each lens peacefully. One of the first customer of the day. As soon as i stepped in have people swarming in already. =.=

    Any way here are the prices.


    Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 ---$650.00
    Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 ---Unavailable. New stock pricing coming. Was told around $1000++

    Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 ---$1970.00
    Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 IS ---$2970.00
    Canon EF 70-200mm F4 IS ---$1870.00

    Canon EF 24-105mm ---$1740.00
    Canon EF 17-40mm ---Unavailable. New stock pricing coming.
    Canon EFS 17-55mm ---$1550.00


    So that's about it. Prices are slightly high here. And my advice is to check out Cathay's pricing as well. Cathay's pricing should be around $50 - $100 cheaper. Subjected to the lenses of course.


    GMAN
    The price difference could only make Tamron lenses more attractive than Canon's.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  9. #829
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    The price difference could only make Tamron lenses more attractive than Canon's.
    Don't get what you mean?

    GMAN

  10. #830

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Don't get what you mean?

    GMAN
    Subtract $100 off the listed price for Canon lenses doesn't even make much difference. Why? They're still way overpriced for now.

    Whereas for Tamron, it is more or less the same as the price before the price hike.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  11. #831
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Subtract $100 off the listed price for Canon lenses doesn't even make much difference. Why? They're still way overpriced for now.

    Whereas for Tamron, it is more or less the same as the price before the price hike.
    Yupp. I only use their prices as a guide. I won't really buy lenses from there, because everyone gets to use them and touch them even before buying.


    GMAN

  12. #832
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Forgot to add.


    50D body is going around $1600++

    40D body is going around 1300++


    New sets. At John 3:16


    GMAN

  13. #833

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Yupp. I only use their prices as a guide. I won't really buy lenses from there, because everyone gets to use them and touch them even before buying.


    GMAN
    Its the same across all shops. I don't think you'll buy a lens without trying it first, right?

    Time to get this

    P e r s p e c t i v e

  14. #834
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Its the same across all shops. I don't think you'll buy a lens without trying it first, right?

    Time to get this

    I mean to not such a high extend. The lense has dust inside already. L lenses.


    GMAN

  15. #835
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Its the same across all shops. I don't think you'll buy a lens without trying it first, right?

    Time to get this

    Whats that lens. Oooh i just love black lenses. That's why i'm so attracted to the Darkside.


    GMAN

  16. #836

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Whats that lens. Oooh i just love black lenses. That's why i'm so attracted to the Darkside.


    GMAN
    Bigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM RF.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  17. #837
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Bigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM RF.
    Wah! How much it cost? Does it weigh like a tank turret. "Loaded sir" "Fire in the hole" "Boom"


    GMAN
    Last edited by Ninja23XX; 16th April 2009 at 05:21 PM.

  18. #838

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ninja23xx View Post
    wah! How much i cost? Does it weigh like a tank turret. "loaded sir" "fire in the hole" "boom"


    gman
    $2079 @ CP (E-Quote).
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  19. #839
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    $2079 @ CP (E-Quote).
    Falls off chair. Haha...I think i'll stick with Tamron. Haha.


    GMAN

  20. #840

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Falls off chair. Haha...I think i'll stick with Tamron. Haha.


    GMAN
    Its much heavier than 100-400mm L. 86mm filter.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •