Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10253033343536374045 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Very wrong thinking. Not even Apple dares to make such a claim.

Last year, Apple even recommended its users to get anti-virus software just to be on the safe side, or at least increase one more barrier against potential attacks launch by virus programmers.
    Haha. Wrong my friend. In the early stages of Apple's lifespan. They did say, Macs have no virus. Virus being the general virus, that affects most windows computers.

I did not rule out that there are no viruses for Macs. There are. But they aren't that good and don't cause major damage at all.

GMAN

Last year, Apple even recommended its users to get anti-virus software just to be on the safe side, or at least increase one more barrier against potential attacks launch by virus programmers.

Prevention is always better than cure. Apple believes in that. Be safe and not sorry.

GMAN

Oh, so mac also got virus ah.. Just that less vulnerable arh.. How to clean the windows ah?
    Canon EOS 450D|EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by La Vida View Post
    Oh, so mac also got virus ah.. Just that less vulnerable arh.. How to clean the windows ah?
    Windows? Use water and soap to clean windows. Haha.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    It's simple logic. Hackers and virus creaters will target mass population. Most of us own Windows. So it's more wise to hack windows and create viruses that cost tons of problems. It's human nature to destroy. And destroying it big is something we humans like alot. So windows was targeted. If it was the same case for Mac OS. If it had been the popular OS and with the most population owning it, it would have resulted in the same story as how Windows is today. Mac OS would have been the target for viruses and hackers. Nothing is impenetrable.

Hackers have all the time on their hands. Keep hitting the same spot continuously and even a 1 inch steel door will have a hole in it. It's just how fast you can breach the system. Time and speed is a major factor for hackers and virus creators.

The more damage you can do withing a shorter period of time, would result to your host not being able to repair itself fast enough to prevent another attack.

You might not be even surprised that viruses were initially created by hackers working for some organizations. Those organization which may be producing anti-virus software today. It's a huge business.

GMAN
    I can't agree with you. Hacker don't target mass population, but love to try out challenging task.
    If it is years ago, saying MAC has no virus, I could agree with you. But not now anymore, just google and you will find more answer what happening to MAC.

Till now, they are still strong in the market, but some cheeky fella(quite many I would say nowadays) went and install windows on MAC. =.=
    I am stuck in an expensive hobby, but yet not willing to save myself

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua0718 View Post
    I can't agree with you. Hacker don't target mass population, but love to try out challenging task.
    If it is years ago, saying MAC has no virus, I could agree with you. But not now anymore, just google and you will find more answer what happening to MAC.

Till now, they are still strong in the market, but some cheeky fella(quite many I would say nowadays) went and install windows on MAC. =.=
    Well. If you understand a hackers mindset, you would agree with me. Haha. Challenges aside. A hacker usually has psychological problems in him/her.

You can install Windows on a Mac, but it's not going to affect the Mac OS when you are using it alone. And it would be stupid to install Windows on Mac.

GMAN

Use Ubuntu. Virus free and free softwares

mac also another form of BBB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyuHendrabusa View Post
    Penguin. Haha. That's next on virus list. Haha.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    mac also another form of BBB!!!
    Yeah. Just use it. Heck viruse and the rubbish. Macs are better than windows. We all know that.

GMAN

It's simple logic. Hackers and virus creaters will target mass population. Most of us own Windows. So it's more wise to hack windows and create viruses that cost tons of problems. It's human nature to destroy. And destroying it big is something we humans like alot. So windows was targeted. If it was the same case for Mac OS. If it had been the popular OS and with the most population owning it, it would have resulted in the same story as how Windows is today. Mac OS would have been the target for viruses and hackers. Nothing is impenetrable.
    That's a norm fact. What worries is that the discovery of worm/virus in OSX has proven the fact that it is not invulnerable than it used to be in the past.

And also, there will always be programmers out there trying to prove things wrong, remember this well. And there are different types of hackers in general.

You might not be even surprised that viruses were initially created by hackers working for some organizations. Those organization which may be producing anti-virus software today. It's a huge business.
    There are viruses that were initially programs written for trial and eventually went beyond control due to some flawed logic or algorithm. Those hackers are there to test the vulnerability of the system/program. Its very normal of 'em, especially when the organizations want to get rid of possible loopholes.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

That's a norm fact. What worries is that the discovery of worm/virus in OSX has proven the fact that it is not invulnerable than it used to be in the past.

And also, there will always be programmers out there trying to prove things wrong, remember this well. And there are different types of hackers in general.

There are viruses that were initially programs written for trial and eventually went beyond control due to some flawed logic or algorithm. Those hackers are there to test the vulnerability of the system/program. Its very normal of 'em, especially when the organizations want to get rid of possible loopholes.
    Yupp. Well, i believe in this. For every problem, there will be a solution. Just that how long it takes and will you be able to take the effect of the solution. The solution may not come easy.

GMAN

if women are cheap...

Well. If you understand a hackers mindset, you would agree with me. Haha. Challenges aside. A hacker usually has psychological problems in him/her.

You can install Windows on a Mac, but it's not going to affect the Mac OS when you are using it alone. And it would be stupid to install Windows on Mac.

GMAN
    No, they don't really have psychological problem, just outdo their hacking programming level. Do know banker do have their own hacker to hack into their own banking system, of course, that is a policy for them when they implement/enhance a system.

What I am pointing out is people just couldn't get used with MAC. Especially girls, love mac of the design but don't know how to use it. Thus, install windows

Quote Originally Posted by RyuHendrabusa View Post
    I will faint if I use that. Worse than command prompt
    I am stuck in an expensive hobby, but yet not willing to save myself

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua0718 View Post
    No, they don't really have psychological problem, just outdo their hacking programming level. Do know banker do have their own hacker to hack into their own banking system, of course, that is a policy for them when they implement/enhance a system.

What I am pointing out is people just couldn't get used with MAC. Especially girls, love mac of the design but don't know how to use it. Thus, install windows

I will faint if I use that. Worse than command prompt
    Those kind of girls are called bimbos. Haha.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    if women are cheap...

I wish it was the other way round. If men were cheap, then girls would be free!!!!

But if you see it in another way. If women are cheap, then men are free. Free as in we are carefree. We don't have to worry about anything. Hehehee

GMAN

hehe couldnt resist everyone posting up thier ipods,itouches.

so i just did a quick set up to take this.

tonite's topic is apple...

Haha. Wrong my friend. In the early stages of Apple's lifespan. They did say, Macs have no virus. Virus being the general virus, that affects most windows computers.

I did not rule out that there are no viruses for Macs. There are. But they aren't that good and don't cause major damage at all.

GMAN
    No young one, only if they could make the same claim now, be prepared to be slammed with nasty remarks.

Some owners of Mac computers have held the belief that Mac OS X is incapable of harboring computer viruses, but Leap-A will leave them shellshocked.
    Nice comment on "Virus-That-Doesn't-Cause-Major-Damage".

Perhaps we should leave the damage aside and think as a Mac user, what will it be when the OSX is infected with virus? I doubt Apple has an answer for that other than pointing you to various anti-virus companies for solutions which might not even exist in the first place.

And I would confidently say that none of Mac users will live with those kind of nonsense virus even though they could be less harmful than the ones on PC.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

No young one, only if they could make the same claim now, be prepared to be slammed with nasty remarks.

Nice comment on "Virus-That-Doesn't-Cause-Major-Damage".

Perhaps we should leave the damage aside and think as a Mac user, what will it be when the OSX is infected with virus? I doubt Apple has an answer for that other than pointing you to various anti-virus companies for solutions which might not even exist in the first place.

And I would confidently say that none of Mac users will live with those kind of nonsense virus even though they could be less harmful than the ones on PC.
    Actually. I stepped out already. Haha. I don't care. Just use the computer. It does your stuff well. Good. I prefer to keep hard copy for personal items. I still prefer a mac.

GMAN