Hi. I've been using JLphoto's 3 section Gitai tripod for a good few months now. However, i'm in need of something smaller for traveling and portability. I am probably going to sell the tripod soon @ S$100.
I'm looking at the S$400 to 500 (inclusive of non-pro ie not markins etc ball-head head) price-range. Needs to hold at least 5kg.
What are the comments on these two tripods?
The 190xprob is the standard tripod suggestion that I seem to find online @ CS and other forums, whereas the 190CX3 is rather unheard of.
My research comparison:
- Both have the same max height with column up @ 146cm
- Both have the same max load @ 5kg
- Column down: 190XPROB @ 122cm vs 190CX3 @ 119cm (negligible difference)
- Min height: 190XPROB @ 8.5cm vs 190CX3 @ 6cm (2.5cm for low angle work is quite a lot, apparent winner = 190CX3)
- Min Height legs closed: 190XPROB @ 57cm vs 190CX3 @ 55cm (negligible, but might matter when packing in a large suitcase, winner = 190CX3)
- Weight: 190XPROB @ 1.8kg vs 190CX3 @ 1.3kg (quite a lot of diff esp for traveling, 190CX3 wins)
- Other features: 190XPROB allows the horizontal center column thing. I have almost never used this feature before when i borrowed my friend's 190XPROB. Also, I heard that the 190XPROB legs extend when the flip locks are open for faster setup, whereas the 190CX3 ones don't.
- Rigidity / Stability: ?
Also, if you guys have any recommendations from brands of tripods that I could get locally at the same price point (and possibly even shorter when kept), I'd be sure to listen.