Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119

Thread: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

  1. #1
    Member hope107fm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bedok, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Having been a member since 2008 and logged in almost everyday I can't help but conclude that photography in Singapore is largely dominated by the young and male (based on the profiles of the TS). I guess I belong to the 'minority' group at age 61 but that does not stop me from enjoying my hobby and learning from this forum.

    Cheers

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    LOL when i read the thread title i was like "wow define young men.. the photographers i met are all like 30+, not old enough?"
    then here you go saying you're 61.. hmm i think there's old photographers but possibly they don't use forums such as clubsnap? haha.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    The Divine Sisterhoot of the Secret CS Angels have their own hidden mystery domain said to be impenetrable even by the greatest kings and executioners and from whence they rule the universe and remain omniscient, yet invisible to mere male mortals rummaging and pillaging the open kingdoms.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 12th April 2009 at 06:28 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    LOL when i read the thread title i was like "wow define young men.. the photographers i met are all like 30+, not old enough?"
    then here you go saying you're 61.. hmm i think there's old photographers but possibly they don't use forums such as clubsnap? haha.
    Oh no.. so I'm considered an old man..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    I think I am the oldest here, and the last I check in the toilet I was a woman

  6. #6

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by hope107fm View Post
    Having been a member since 2008 and logged in almost everyday I can't help but conclude that photography in Singapore is largely dominated by the young and male (based on the profiles of the TS). I guess I belong to the 'minority' group at age 61 but that does not stop me from enjoying my hobby and learning from this forum.

    Cheers
    totally disagree...i have many friends, on CS and are females...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyquek View Post
    totally disagree...i have many friends, on CS and are females...
    We know there are female shooters. But you don't think males are the majority?

  8. #8
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    There're now a lot of female shooters.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    The Divine Sisterhoot of the Secret CS Angels have their own hidden mystery domain said to be impenetrable even by the greatest kings and executioners and from whence they rule the universe and remain omniscient, yet invisible to mere male mortals rummaging and pillaging the open kingdoms.
    for a moment i thought its mr sion who is writing this.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A place where no man can enter
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    yes, alot of females, maybe there are 1000 females


    out of 10000000 males.....

  11. #11

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    There're now a lot of female shooters.
    real shooters or just cam whore? please dont blast me as i seen tons of them..

  12. #12
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    perhaps the elders are not as tech savvy and do not surf clubsnap, while the younger generation spend more time on the computer than behind the lens

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyquek View Post
    totally disagree...i have many friends, on CS and are females...
    That's because you are handsome.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    perhaps the elders are not as tech savvy and do not surf clubsnap, while the younger generation spend more time on the computer than behind the lens
    no lah, u wrong.....most of us or ME just surf, see chabor will run to reply, the older ones no time, got family and work? ahhahaah

  15. #15

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    real shooters or just cam whore? please dont blast me as i seen tons of them..
    Actually, that applies to males too.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    That's because you are handsome.
    eh hello, dun announce boleh? that will attract more leh then my wife will ask why i always in CS, photography or stompergraphy....different u know?

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by hope107fm View Post
    Having been a member since 2008 and logged in almost everyday I can't help but conclude that photography in Singapore is largely dominated by the young and male (based on the profiles of the TS). I guess I belong to the 'minority' group at age 61 but that does not stop me from enjoying my hobby and learning from this forum.

    Cheers
    The other day I joined a CS XMM photoshoot everyone is near 70s except the model of course.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The other day I joined a CS XMM photoshoot everyone is near 70s except the model of course.
    wah...if the model near 70s....its not milf...its like gmilf liao....

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    We know there are female shooters...
    You mean you haven't seen one of those mythical creatures yet?
    Last edited by tjana; 12th April 2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: misspell

  20. #20
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is photography largely a young-man's hobby?

    Quote Originally Posted by tjana View Post
    You mean you haven't seen one of those mythical creatures yet?
    Do the mythical creatures look like goats?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •