Thread: Where to repair film SLRs

Default Where to repair film SLRs

I currently have two film cameras, a Canon AV-1 (body only) and an Olympus OM-1 with a 50mm f/1.4 lens that are both not working.

The shutters aren't able to work at all for both cameras and I hope that either one of them can be repaired to a usable condition again.

Does anyone know where I should go to repair them? Would gladly appreciate any information on which shop to go to and its location.

Thanks.
    I shoot film.

Default Re: Where to repair film SLRs

Quote Originally Posted by unseenshadows View Post
    I currently have two film cameras, a Canon AV-1 (body only) and an Olympus OM-1 with a 50mm f/1.4 lens that are both not working.

The shutters aren't able to work at all for both cameras and I hope that either one of them can be repaired to a usable condition again.

Does anyone know where I should go to repair them? Would gladly appreciate any information on which shop to go to and its location.

Thanks.
    There are a number of camera repair shops in the Peninsular/Adelphi areas, such as Camera Workshop (Peninsular) and P & G (Adelphi). I usually go to Camera Hospital at Sunshine Plaza. Steven Lee does quite a good job. Here's the address:

91 Bencoolen Street
    #01-67 Sunshine Plaza
    Tel: 63360025; H/P 92373212

yea, I second Camera Hospital at Sunshine Plaza.. had my EOS 30 back fixed there too..

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. Anyone know how much it might cost? The problem lies with the shutter.
    I shoot film.