Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: To include date in photos.

  1. #1

    Default To include date in photos.

    Just a quick question, is it possible to include date and time in the pictures taken using LX3?

    My old PnS had the date imprinted, just thought if the LX3 could do that too...

  2. #2

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    LX3 cannot time stamp the pictures when you are in RECORDING mode.
    It is done when you are in PLAYBACK mode, after the pictures are recorded.
    The function is [TEXT STAMP].

    See page 143 of the below manual.

    "You can stamp the recording date/time, age, travel date or title
    onto the recorded pictures. It is suitable for regular size printing.
    (Pictures with a picture size larger than [3m] will be resized when
    stamping the date etc. on them.)"


    The downside is that it will resize your larger pictures and save another
    set of pictures with time stamp.

    Download the more comprehensive Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 User Manual (PDF, 14MB)

    Hope this helps.

    [ Flickr ]

  3. #3
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    To date I think only Nikon have this feature (Time/Date on photo when recording in full res photo). Canon's offering is a reduce resolution.

    That was the main reason that my friend choose a Nikon's PnS...

  4. #4

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    To date I think only Nikon have this feature (Time/Date on photo when recording in full res photo). Canon's offering is a reduce resolution.
    ... and Kodak (my Kodak PnS can print dates in original resolution). I had also wondered why is it so difficult to implement this feature?
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

  5. #5
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    ... and Kodak (my Kodak PnS can print dates in original resolution). I had also wondered why is it so difficult to implement this feature?
    No experience with Kodak PnS... so can't comment. Maybe they thought that this feature is not so important as every photo have a EXIF (PnS) on it and it is fairly easy for most to include it if they need it.

    But I guess they forgot that even with a digital camera, many people may not know or use the computer for any PP on their photos...

  6. #6

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    In other words, when I download my pictures to view, I cannot see the date imprinted on the photo itself?

    I guess my old Casio Z-70 has this function. This is the only advantage it has over the LX3 that I can think of... =P

  7. #7
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    In other words, when I download my pictures to view, I cannot see the date imprinted on the photo itself?

    I guess my old Casio Z-70 has this function. This is the only advantage it has over the LX3 that I can think of... =P
    Well there is the additional zoom on your Casio Z-70.....

  8. #8

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    Hahaha... You are right in that aspect!

    But because most of my pictures are either landscape, portrait or snapshots, the zoom is not really much a concern for me when I decided to get the LX3

    I guess you must have remembered me Anson. I almost wanted to get the FZ28 but now I settled for the LX3. If the G1 had video or the GH1 is available, things would have gotten complicated since my LX3 isn't as small after my lens adapter and filter.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    I almost wanted to get the FZ28 but now I settled for the LX3. If the G1 had video or the GH1 is available, things would have gotten complicated since my LX3 isn't as small after my lens adapter and filter.
    Personally I feel that the "best camera is the one that you are holding in your hands when an opportunity arise" . Than having a $10k bulky camera in your dry cabinet would not normally take out.

    I have always say the beauty of the LX3(beside it's IQ), is the "compactness", adding extra accessories would also add to the bulk...

  10. #10

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Personally I feel that the "best camera is the one that you are holding in your hands when an opportunity arise" . Than having a $10k bulky camera in your dry cabinet would not normally take out.

    I have always say the beauty of the LX3(beside it's IQ), is the "compactness", adding extra accessories would also add to the bulk...
    I totally agree with you on this.

    As for compactness, its still ok as it fits into my wife's bag so no problem at all.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Singaporean in London
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: To include date in photos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    In other words, when I download my pictures to view, I cannot see the date imprinted on the photo itself?

    I guess my old Casio Z-70 has this function. This is the only advantage it has over the LX3 that I can think of... =P
    I think you can't see the date imprinted on the photo itself unless you do it manually on the camera and it downsizes the photo when it stamps the date (as mentioned by the other posters).

    If you're talking about knowing the date that the photo was taken after downloading it to the comp, all OSes can do it fairly easily (read basic EXIF data) without using any programs. At least I know OSX and XP both can.

    I guess there is value stamping dates on the photo itself if you're printing it out and sticking into albums Or just label on the album itself?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •