Thread: Shooting at KTM..Tanjong pagar stn

Default Shooting at KTM..Tanjong pagar stn

Hi all.i wanted to go down to ktm at tanjong pagar. Thinking of shooting a locomotiv and the old structure of KTM.. but i heard that they dun allowed photographers too shoot there...is it true???

If its true..can u guys recommend any good spot where i can take a train shot..or u guys can recommend me any great spots,either than the station..i know theres one route near bukit mreah and tanglin halt..but still prefer the stn becoz can have lunch or dinner there...hehe,also want to know..is there any links where i can get the train timing..so i can roughly set my time.

I need some info from u guys here..maybe i belive there a few has do this shot before..please advise..thanks..?
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

Default Re: Shooting at KTM..Tanjong pagar stn

Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    Hi all.i wanted to go down to ktm at tanjong pagar. Thinking of shooting a locomotiv and the old structure of KTM.. but i heard that they dun allowed photographers too shoot there...is it true???

If its true..can u guys recommend any good spot where i can take a train shot..or u guys can recommend me any great spots,either than the station..i know theres one route near bukit mreah and tanglin halt..but still prefer the stn becoz can have lunch or dinner there...hehe,also want to know..is there any links where i can get the train timing..so i can roughly set my time.

I need some info from u guys here..maybe i belive there a few has do this shot before..please advise..thanks..?
    I saw pics of the station interior in one of the threads - landscape IIRC.
    Train runs thru tanglin halt blks 74 - 80: there's an indian restaurant at blk 75 or go to the hawker center nearby.
    Train timing: coming into SG from MY ~ 7 - 9 am. provided no delays.

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    I saw pics of the station interior in one of the threads - landscape IIRC.
    Train runs thru tanglin halt blks 74 - 80: there's an indian restaurant at blk 75 or go to the hawker center nearby.
    Train timing: coming into SG from MY ~ 7 - 9 am. provided no delays.

Thanks alot bro...

I'll take note..

when u meant "Train timing: coming into SG from MY ~ 7 - 9 am. provided no delays" Does this mean its only 1 timing..no movement in the evening maybe like ard 6pm onwards..??
    Last edited by Fatah; 10th April 2009 at 12:59 PM.
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

There's 1 departing SG for MY ~ 3pm at Tg Pagar.
    Also one departing at night 9 or 10 pm so none in the evening AFAIK.

These are all passenger trains, cargo train schedule is kinda uncertain: sometimes you see them sometimes you don't.

Hi Fatah,
    I think there's a evening train around 7pm.You can get a good glimpse at the commonweath park as it passes by Wessex estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    Where did you get this lousy rumour from? Never heard of any railway station or railway equipment that wasn't allowed to be photographed. It's not military area. I have taken hundreds of pictures at KTM station, sneaking into all corners. Maybe leave out the area around the customs check, uniforms are always itchy about pictures.
    KTM has a website: http://www.ktmb.com.my but the function if timetable seems to be buggy. There are plenty of places along Upper Bukit Timah Rd to shoot the train. Search the forum a bit and you'll find more threads about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Where did you get this lousy rumour from? Never heard of any railway station or railway equipment that wasn't allowed to be photographed. It's not military area. I have taken hundreds of pictures at KTM station, sneaking into all corners. Maybe leave out the area around the customs check, uniforms are always itchy about pictures.
    KTM has a website: http://www.ktmb.com.my but the function if timetable seems to be buggy. There are plenty of places along Upper Bukit Timah Rd to shoot the train. Search the forum a bit and you'll find more threads about it.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ailway+station

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Where did you get this lousy rumour from? Never heard of any railway station or railway equipment that wasn't allowed to be photographed. I have taken hundreds of pictures at KTM station, sneaking into all corners.

no need to worry .... but you still have to sneaking

i U

took quite abit of photos abt 1+ yr ago - both inside and outside the building but didnt use tripod. no one said anything.

If interested only in the trains themselves, 'ambush' them along Upper Bukit Timah area. Plenty of photogenic spots there.

here's some train timing .. hope that helps.
    http://travelmalaysiaguide.com/ktm-t...able-and-fare/

Yesterday I went there, KTM station and also the cargo area and depot. Nobody said anything. Some guys there smiled and waved, that's it. Maybe sitting on the track in the KTM station isn't a good idea since it's in service. Don't forget to smile, you are a guest after all.

Hi Bro,

I went in without knowing it was NOT OK to take photo in the area...:P
    Anyway I was really lucky dat day.. cos there was the 'Orient Express'...

[IMG][/IMG]

My take is... just act blur.. if kena catch.. just say dunno... LOL
    Happy Shooting!!

Regards

Razali
    Last edited by cyberdevil18; 20th April 2009 at 09:41 PM.