Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

  1. #1

    Default how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

    People ,


    How to edit the sky become more blue using photoshop.

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

    Simple workflow:

    Camera colour setting: vivid.
    Framing: get more sky.
    Photoshop: boost saturation

  4. #4

    Default Re: how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

    Look at the sky before you shoot. If you totally cannot see any hint of blues and the sky is grey like lead no matter what you do in post processing, in-cam setting, saturation etc won't help. Unless you add colors 'artificially' that in this situation requires some skills to make it natural even if you want to exaggerate it. Exercise some muscles, go out and experiment. Shoot more.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

    Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    Look at the sky before you shoot. If you totally cannot see any hint of blues and the sky is grey like lead no matter what you do in post processing, in-cam setting, saturation etc won't help. Unless you add colors 'artificially' that in this situation requires some skills to make it natural even if you want to exaggerate it. Exercise some muscles, go out and experiment. Shoot more.
    Yep, you can add colour artificially only if sky is not blue.
    You can use blue grad filter to make the sky blue but it does not work all the time.
    You can also use photoshop but I am lazy, blue grad filter is faster.


    Last edited by aryanto; 10th April 2009 at 01:18 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    Yep, you can add colour artificially only if sky is not blue.
    You can use blue grad filter to make the sky blue but it does not work all the time.
    You can also use photoshop but I am lazy, blue grad filter is faster.


    Now i know to get good photos one neeed not travel overseas. Any one can take a scene anywhere in Sg better than this pic. Some one may take better photo than this pic shown otherwise. So its not the equipment or location, its the man behind the cam

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

    Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    Now i know to get good photos one neeed not travel overseas. Any one can take a scene anywhere in Sg better than this pic. Some one may take better photo than this pic shown otherwise. So its not the equipment or location, its the man behind the cam
    yeah I am lousy

  8. #8

    Default Re: how to make the sky blue using photoshop 7

    ANother guy might say its good! So you see the picture now?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •