Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ClubSNAP Photographer of the Year 2009 Competition - Theme 1 - "Yellow"

Blog Entries

Default Re: ClubSNAP Photographer of the Year 2009 Competition - Theme 1 - "Yellow"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
    It's really subjective also. But just think in this line. What u can do before u shoot with film SLR n how it ends up on the photo after develop from a negative.... Meaning, anything that can be done on film without digital support are ok.
    The answer is about there. It is rather subjective and it is difficult to give you a definite yes or no, unless we see the image and the judges have to deliberate. Use the above as a guiding principle, it is a good and safe way to approach.

Thanks Ambious, I couldn't have put it any better

Default Re: ClubSNAP Photographer of the Year 2009 Competition - Theme 1 - "Yellow"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
    I'm not sure abt question 1 but I think for ya question 2, removing annoying face will be prohibited.

General cleaning in terms of hair strain, pimples, spots (such as sun ray). Subject or object that is present but clone or remove away should be determine as significant removal.

Stains, strain of hair are not subject or object cause they can be remove or clean in seconds. Pimples, Eye bags can be solve with facial treatment n is part of an object or subject, not stand alone by itself. They can't appear, survive or even exist without a human at all.

It's really subjective also. But just think in this line. What u can do before u shoot with film SLR n how it ends up on the photo after develop from a negative.... Meaning, anything that can be done on film without digital support are ok.
    OK. Thanks. I think I will change picture for submission.

Hi, Can I just check whether it is against the rule to change the photo that we wish to submit?

Is it, at the end of the closing deadline, as long as there is only one photo under my user account, i am fine?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Now you can do it. Once dateline is up, the gallery will be locked

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    The answer is about there. It is rather subjective and it is difficult to give you a definite yes or no, unless we see the image and the judges have to deliberate. Use the above as a guiding principle, it is a good and safe way to approach.

Thanks Ambious, I couldn't have put it any better
    U are welcome.......

When will the gallery be up again?

Thanks
    D90 | 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 || flickr || photoblog

I cant submit my entry!!! The gallery is down due to database maintenance!!!

yea i cant submit either

Blog Entries

Should be ok now

Blog Entries

Some good news.

We have decided to extend the closing date to 2 Jun 09 2359hrs. This is due the the gallery was down for maintenance 2 days ago.

New Closing date for this theme: 2 JUN 09 - 2359hrs

Hi,
    One question.
    I noticed that if you click the thumbnail to view the large version of an image, and if the image size is bigger then the large preview size, then there is quality loss in the large preview.
    For example, I uploaded a really sharp photo. Then when I look at the large preview, it looks blurry. Again if i click the image, it opens a bigger image in a popup. In the popup, the image quality is correct.

So, my question is, how are the judges going to view these photos?
    Will they look at every image in the best quality? or will they do web based judging.

Since this is my first time in this contest, I am not sure how its done, so please pardon my ignorance about these issues.

btw. Thanks for extending the deadline.
    I would have missed it if it was not extended

Now I submitted a while ago.

damn... just got back from trip.. guess i have to start with the 2nd theme onwards..

Quote Originally Posted by ssdesign View Post
    btw. Thanks for extending the deadline.
    I would have missed it if it was not extended

Now I submitted a while ago.
    wooo... still have time... time to dig for photos.. lol.

help..tried to upload but cant.. how??

cant upload in the theme yellow.. how???

Blog Entries

Sorry about that, didn't realise that the deadline was extended. The Gallery for submission has been reopened.

Hi,
    Any reply to my post below?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssdesign View Post
    Hi,
    One question.
    I noticed that if you click the thumbnail to view the large version of an image, and if the image size is bigger then the large preview size, then there is quality loss in the large preview.
    For example, I uploaded a really sharp photo. Then when I look at the large preview, it looks blurry. Again if i click the image, it opens a bigger image in a popup. In the popup, the image quality is correct.

So, my question is, how are the judges going to view these photos?
    Will they look at every image in the best quality? or will they do web based judging.

Since this is my first time in this contest, I am not sure how its done, so please pardon my ignorance about these issues.

318 entries!!!! this has got to be a record!!!

Blog Entries

good luck everyone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast