Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should I draft this letter?

Default Re: How should I draft this letter?

I think TS has given up on this thread already...

LOL.

wasn't really what I was expecting, but nonetheless, a laugh.

The purpose for me to draft this letter was simply because the poly wanted to thank me for the work that I have put in, despite graduating from them. The letter was supposed to acknowledge that I contributed to the marcom side of the competition. I would be able to use the letter for future purposes as well.

Can you imagine if I presented the letter, calling interviewers "dumb twigs"? LOL. I'd never be able to get a job.

Just state your contribution concisely. and sign off appropriately.

But I think it's better if they give you a letter of appreciation for your contribution.
    Last edited by CYRN; 9th April 2009 at 04:02 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by iRaphael View Post
    LOL.

wasn't really what I was expecting, but nonetheless, a laugh.

The purpose for me to draft this letter was simply because the poly wanted to thank me for the work that I have put in, despite graduating from them. The letter was supposed to acknowledge that I contributed to the marcom side of the competition. I would be able to use the letter for future purposes as well.

Can you imagine if I presented the letter, calling interviewers "dumb twigs"? LOL. I'd never be able to get a job.
    Erm.... My view on this is that, they should then be the one penning the letter instead. Who pens a letter him/herself and let others sign to acknowledge? It will not have credibility even if signed.... And this should be the job of your school's admin dept.

I also agree that the a school should be penning the letter instead of you. Ifyou are the one penning the letter for yourself, do you feel honour? If the school is penning it, I bet that you'll be the happiest person as you know that the school really did recognized your effort and time put in despite already graduated from there.

Dear sir/madam,

So & so did a wonderful job taking photo and spend considerable effort and his own money to make sure we have the best picture of our event. We are very impressed by his quality of work, his dedication, and his reliability, and would highly recommend him to others.

Yours sincerely,
    Dean of school of xxxxxxx

Hi raphael
    sorry for the pun, but i just felt it funny why you need to turn for online aid if your command of English is not too bad to begin with.

Honestly, i feel you are capable to write a decent letter yourself. You should give it a try. You know your works better than anyone here - who probably dont even know what they are.

Or maybe your teacher wants you to learn to write a letter of accolade and hence will guide you along if you cant write it too well. Getting a free answer from the net cannot be called your own. You need to give yourself the chance to create your own works and that probably includes this letter as well.

Why waste what you had already learnt over the past 17 years? Pick up your confidence and feel the power of the pen. After all, you have nothing to lose.

Actually, I have penned the letter around 8 hours ago and sent it in.

I forgot to update it here.

Thanks to all, anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12