Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if lingerie models are fat!?

Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    Maybe i'd say ... WOULD YOU SHOOT A LINGERIE MODEL IF SHE'S NOT HOT??....

And honestly.. i'm starting to think organisers are doing it because of POPULAR REQUEST..
    whereas workshop organisers can use anyone because the mentality is to LEARN....

so why dont all the organisers become workshop organisers instead?
    I guess in the modelling world thin is still in... plus sized models are coming into range but if u look at it, plus sized models ain't that fat too... maybe slightly chubbier with a little more junk in the trunk... but i guess in this sad and practical world we all live in... we may all still just shoot sexy thin models for lingerie and leave out all the fat or plus sized ones...

There is a prob though... even if we do learn to accept plus sized models to do lingerie shoots,... the lingerie companys have SO GOT TO come up with bigger sizes man... have u ever seen a sexy lace thong tht comes in XXXL size b4??? I think i only saw that in shallow hal the movie hahaha

But then there comes the confidence factor... are plus sized or fat "models" willing or dare to do lingerie shoots?? how many of them wun be self conscious?? Fat ppl are always labeled as lazy and unglam and if they were like this from young they were probably made fun or and ridiculed for almost all their life... and now u wanna get them to pose in their underwear?? I doubt there will be a queue forming anytime soon...

But hey if there were, I'd shoot them. A model's a model regardless of who they are and what they look like. Dunno if you guys remember or were aware of this. FHM once had this fat guy a few years back posing in their mag for quite a few months. Half the time he was either topless, wearing a singlet and always had this signature red pair of shorts!!! (ewww) Alot of questions were raised as to what the heck was FHM doing with this fat bloke in the mag and then he was posing with hot chicks in later issues. Was he fat? hell yeah! But damn he was a FHM "talent" so to speak

So in conclusion i say so what if lingerie models are fat? if there were fat and confident ones who would give the slim ones a run for their money and a big fat wake up call (no pun intended) i say JUST DO IT!

I'll definitely still shoot a fat woman.. (but maybe u can say that's coz im a girl)
    i think it really boils down to how the lady carries herself. she may be fat but if she carries herself graciously, confidently, i think she can still appear sexy. plus beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, who says being slim is definitely pretty right!

I was not aware that they made lingerie bigger than size 8

Maybe I should open my eyes more.

Um ..... no ..... I don't think I will thanks.

Time, is an effortless construction :)

Its about inner beauty. Always be humble not a show off, coz i get really pissed off. Its not only about photos and results, its also about the fun and enjoyment during the shoot.

agree w/ liarliar.
    nothing pleases me more than having fun during a shoot plus if you have fun, there's usually better results.

Smile Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

Just goes to prove... anyone can be a model ... or a SUBJECT rather..... and it's good to know the forums have people far more into the act of photography than the motive to please the general public...

for those that came in here to leave their insights and opinions... thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Maybe its time organisers do something out of the blue.... (but then again, i wonder what's the take up gonna be like.... ) lol

The world revolves around DEMANDS and it seems the community DEMANDS sexy legs and pretty babes more than lumpy rolls and stubby thighs....

but again.... I'd seriously challenge someone to post more unconventional works!
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

Hi Ejun,
    I have always respected you and your comments in particular but as you wrote there can be some controls. However to completely ban or suggest on more restrictions to 'babe' shoots and the existence of GWCs may have adverse impact one way or another. I am not good with words, nor apt in photography. I do not even dare call myself a 'photographer'. So for me i wouldn't mind people addressing me as a 'GWC'. The concept is similar to condemning or trying to put down the whole business of legal prostitution on earth.

Smile Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    Hi Ejun,
    I have always respected you and your comments in particular but as you wrote there can be some controls. However to completely ban or suggest on more restrictions to 'babe' shoots and the existence of GWCs may have adverse impact one way or another. I am not good with words, nor apt in photography. I do not even dare call myself a 'photographer'. So for me i wouldn't mind people addressing me as a 'GWC'. The concept is similar to condemning or trying to put down the whole business of legal prostitution on earth.
    It's unlikely to remove babe shoots really ... and even I agree that a well organised 'babe' shoot deserves lots of credit and commendation as well as hardwork to put together... I'm just thinking there might one day be an organiser that brings in a 'different' sorta subject (i.e in this sense plus size / old / interesting models) might make portrait photography more diversed... rather than it being termed a "guys visual hobby" then again, those organised shoots are probably gonna be called "Photography Workshops"

haha... you cant fight it... sex sells well ... I'm a guy, and i like beautiful people... and half the people i shoot (outside work) are gorgeous.... so it would be a challenge to try something extraordinary..

Thanks for your thoughs bro...
    Last edited by ejunlow; 13th April 2009 at 09:41 AM.
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

I look forward to seeing organized shoots on guy models too. Shoot too many 'gorgeous' ladies becomes too mechanical sometimes have to ask yourself what are the objectives truely. So that i can give myself a good reason to buy that 1.5TB hard disk to store more raws and photos?

Maybe i should start shooting 'handsome' photographers? If your avatar depicts a photo of yourself maybe we can start shooting you first?

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    I look forward to seeing organized shoots on guy models too. Shoot too many 'gorgeous' ladies becomes too mechanical sometimes have to ask yourself what are the objectives truely. So that i can give myself a good reason to buy that 1.5TB hard disk to store more raws and photos?

Maybe i should start shooting 'handsome' photographers? If your avatar depicts a photo of yourself maybe we can start shooting you first?

I therefore trust that you will be asking Sion to pose for you

Don't forget to request for the outfit to be something a bit on the edge and preferably in pink.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123