Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: What if lingerie models are fat!?

  1. #21

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    and yeah .. I'm going to start a FAT MODELS CLUB...... Photographers that shoot skinny models only are probably INSECURE... hahaha (okay.. i'm insecure)
    i am looking for fatter rocks, actually, if you see some, tell me.

  2. #22

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Here's my 2 cents. I think it will be the biggest challenge of all to a photographer to shoot something he/she is naturally resistant to. In this case, the idea of fat.

    Anybody can shoot a portrait, and isn't a great portrait defined (by a majority) as the personality of the person brought out together with the physical attributes in the picture?

    I guess if I'm naturally resistant to shooting fat people, and I managed to shoot a great portrait out of someone who is fat, I would have conquered another level where my skills are concerned already.

    err, am I making sense here?
    Gerauld
    400D Kiss / 18-55mm Kit / 70-200mm Kit / 50mm 1.8 / 28mm OM Zuiko Manual :sweat:

  3. #23
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBawa View Post
    Here's my 2 cents. I think it will be the biggest challenge of all to a photographer to shoot something he/she is naturally resistant to. In this case, the idea of fat.

    Anybody can shoot a portrait, and isn't a great portrait defined (by a majority) as the personality of the person brought out together with the physical attributes in the picture?

    I guess if I'm naturally resistant to shooting fat people, and I managed to shoot a great portrait out of someone who is fat, I would have conquered another level where my skills are concerned already.

    err, am I making sense here?
    Absolutely... Why shoot what's simple.... That's why half the time... i'm shooting SIMPLE portraits.. because.. all i have to do is click...
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  4. #24
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i am looking for fatter rocks, actually, if you see some, tell me.
    Haha.. Vice Versa!
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  5. #25
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Leonard Nimoy did a series on this :

    The Full Body Project
    That's something the media should go make news of... and not photographers and organisers here trying to scape some side monies from shoots.... lol
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  6. #26
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    u got see the latest tv ads? saw it last night on channel 5, go find a tattoo master.
    I'll go look out for it... havent watched telly in months.....
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  7. #27
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    i think a lot of model-wannabes but doesnt have the slender figure will be damn happy to hear this
    Seems like i'm gonna start taking in the rejects!
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  8. #28

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    I'll go look out for it... havent watched telly in months.....
    Lol... Thats very sad... But, well, I didn't touch the tv for months too

  9. #29
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Wow, why would Ejun ask such a question?

  10. #30
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    But why liquify ... FAT can be NICE!
    it can also be HYPNOTIC!
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  11. #31
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Smile Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    Wow, why would Ejun ask such a question?
    hmm... Actually... i was thinking if i were to be an organiser... and i had a super plus sized model .... and invited some journalist down... what would they have written about?

    HEADLINE NEWS: PHOTOGRAPHER WITH OBSESSION FOR FAT WOMEN?

    it's also because of something i wrote in THIS... that i feel i oughta ask the honest opinion.... IS LINGERIE and SWIMSUIT overated... Comeon!... lingerie was invented! and swimwears arent always so skimpy... so my question..... why cant we organise FAT people donning swimwear.... If the objective is REALLy to push your creative limit... (as mentioned) that will be a more reasonable thing to do... haha
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  12. #32
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Lol... Thats very sad... But, well, I didn't touch the tv for months too
    lifeless people we...
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  13. #33
    Deregistered JT-Fied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In e Western part of SINGAPORE
    Posts
    529

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Hey i've done that b4 but nv posted pics of the model online haghahaha wouldn't say she was fat la but more like chubby... I feel it's all part of how you look at it la.. but how fat is FAT? Queen Latifa is fat but she's hot.. some ppl say Tyra Banks is fat but she's hot too! So how fat is FAT then?

  14. #34
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-Fied View Post
    Hey i've done that b4 but nv posted pics of the model online haghahaha wouldn't say she was fat la but more like chubby... I feel it's all part of how you look at it la.. but how fat is FAT? Queen Latifa is fat but she's hot.. some ppl say Tyra Banks is fat but she's hot too! So how fat is FAT then?
    there's fat. then there is...JUMBO!!! haha ejun these days the proper pc term for fat models is...Plus Sized Model.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  15. #35
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-Fied View Post
    Hey i've done that b4 but nv posted pics of the model online haghahaha wouldn't say she was fat la but more like chubby... I feel it's all part of how you look at it la.. but how fat is FAT? Queen Latifa is fat but she's hot.. some ppl say Tyra Banks is fat but she's hot too! So how fat is FAT then?
    Maybe i'd say ... WOULD YOU SHOOT A LINGERIE MODEL IF SHE'S NOT HOT??....

    And honestly.. i'm starting to think organisers are doing it because of POPULAR REQUEST..
    whereas workshop organisers can use anyone because the mentality is to LEARN....

    so why dont all the organisers become workshop organisers instead?
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  16. #36
    Senior Member ejunlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stevens Road
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    there's fat. then there is...JUMBO!!! haha ejun these days the proper pc term for fat models is...Plus Sized Model.
    I did use plus sized... until everyone keeps saying FAT... so... if that's the HIT word... FAT it iS! It does make it alot easier to understand too isnt it?

    "excuse me.... you are not skinny, dont fit lingerie shoots..."

    "excuse me.... you are plus-size, dont fit lingerie shoots..."

    "excuse me.... you are fat, dont fit lingerie shoots..."

    the last one gets the point across real QUICK....

    Imagine..

    "Your MAMA so Plus-Sized... when she jump for Joyyyy.................."
    Last edited by ejunlow; 9th April 2009 at 12:41 PM.
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

  17. #37
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,387

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    hmm... Actually... i was thinking if i were to be an organiser... and i had a super plus sized model .... and invited some journalist down... what would they have written about?

    HEADLINE NEWS: PHOTOGRAPHER WITH OBSESSION FOR FAT WOMEN?

    it's also because of something i wrote in THIS... that i feel i oughta ask the honest opinion.... IS LINGERIE and SWIMSUIT overated... Comeon!... lingerie was invented! and swimwears arent always so skimpy... so my question..... why cant we organise FAT people donning swimwear.... If the objective is REALLy to push your creative limit... (as mentioned) that will be a more reasonable thing to do... haha
    Actually, i know a lot of oversea professionals love to take images on people with extreme feature. Their images are amazing! In Singapore, this shooting is very minimum, because in photographer's mind they want everything to be perfect. Too perfect limited their shooting opions

    If you are organising, I will be the first to sign up!!!!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  18. #38
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,387

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    I did use plus sized... until everyone keeps saying FAT... so... if that's the HIT word... FAT it iS! It does make it alot easier to understand too isnt it?

    "excuse me.... you are not skinny, dont fit lingerie shoots..."

    "excuse me.... you are plus-size, dont fit lingerie shoots..."

    "excuse me.... you are fat, dont fit lingerie shoots..."

    the last one gets the point across real QUICK....

    Imagine..

    "Your MAMA so Plus-Sized... when she jump for Joyyyy.................."
    No need lingerie ..... a big shirt will be sufficient.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,226

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Ok.. time for some Yo Momma jokes!

    Yo momma so fat, her a$$ got her own zipcode!

    Yo mama so fat she went to the movies and sat next to everyone!

  20. #40
    Deregistered JT-Fied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In e Western part of SINGAPORE
    Posts
    529

    Default Re: What if lingerie models are fat!?

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Ok.. time for some Yo Momma jokes!

    Yo momma so fat, her a$$ got her own zipcode!

    Yo mama so fat she went to the movies and sat next to everyone!
    YO mama so fat..... DAMN!!! I'M AT A LOSS FOR WORDS!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •