Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Motor insurance - recommendation?

  1. #1

    Default Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Hi,

    Have to renew motor insurance soon and heard is getting very EXPENSIVE these days! Any recommendation for a insurance company that will reasonable price or on ways to reduce the premium to be paid?

    Cheers!
    Last edited by CSlye; 7th April 2009 at 10:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by CSlye View Post
    Hi,

    Have to renew motor insurance soon and heard is getting very EXPENSIVE these days! Any recommendation for a insurance company that will reasonable price or on ways to reduce the premium to be paid?

    Cheers!

    Why don't check it out with the Insurance Company.

  3. #3
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    yeah i need to renew my insurance soon as well

    i will call every insurance company and ask for quotes
    then see which one suits me best

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    NTUC, is not bad.


    GMAN

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    could narrow down the age range of the driver being covered. like 20 years and above, 30 yrs, 40 yrs etc. it's not a lot of reduction in premium but its possible.
    http://yvonne-ism.deviantart.com/

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    NTUC, is not bad.


    GMAN

    But in terms of claiming,will takes you quite long. I don't think NTUC is a good option. Why not try to ask AXA Insurance Pte Ltd.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcursive View Post
    could narrow down the age range of the driver being covered. like 20 years and above, 30 yrs, 40 yrs etc. it's not a lot of reduction in premium but its possible.
    Interesting ... didn't know that..thks

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    But in terms of claiming,will takes you quite long. I don't think NTUC is a good option. Why not try to ask AXA Insurance Pte Ltd.
    Heard many insurance companies revise upwards liao (don't really know and did they all a meeting or what?) ... that's why asking here if anyone got good lobangs

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by CSlye View Post
    Interesting ... didn't know that..thks



    Heard many insurance companies revise upwards liao (don't really know and did they all a meeting or what?) ... that's why asking here if anyone got good lobangs

    There no such good lobangs in the insurance market.It all depend how much are you willing to pay for your insurance per month and what to cover.In case something happen you or your family.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    yeah i need to renew my insurance soon as well

    i will call every insurance company and ask for quotes
    then see which one suits me best
    You don't have to do it yourself, just look for a insurance broker to do it for you.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farrer Park
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    I strongly recommend Dale Leo, a broker from AIG/AXA. Can contact him at 91903023.
    He's given me lots of great advice on car servicing, repair, insurance claim and his prices are lower than the rest.
    Just say Michael from VOGS (Vios Owner Group SG) recommended him.

    Feel free to go around finding other companies for quotations, but none give service or price as good as his.
    Premiums are based mainly on 4 things: Age, Years of Driving Experience, Non Claims Discount, and whether you had any claims beforehand.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    There no such good lobangs in the insurance market.It all depend how much are you willing to pay for your insurance per month and what to cover.In case something happen you or your family.
    Are you saying that is all the same out there? If so, are you absolutely sure about it?

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by CSlye View Post
    Are you saying that is all the same out there? If so, are you absolutely sure about it?

    Just ask one of my company Agent.What He told me is that what type of car and brand are you driving at the moment. Cos the price is alot more different.Why don't you pm your name and contract no to me and I'll ask my Insureance agent to talk to you better.in thees way you can find out more from him.So that you wouldn't can confuss from the motor insurance.

  13. #13
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    I trust my agent, so i leave it to him to give me a few quotes to compare each year.
    Saved me the trouble...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farrer Park
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Doesn't hurt to call Dale Leo. Or email him at daleleo [at] gmail.com for quotes.

    Personally recommend whatever you do, get a good agent for long term, it will help a lot.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Get a broker that represents a few insurance companies to get quotes for you. In this way, you can choose the best, in terms of price and coverage. Heard some brokers are willing to give a rebate of about 5% of their commission.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZzzMonster View Post
    Get a broker that represents a few insurance companies to get quotes for you. In this way, you can choose the best, in terms of price and coverage. Heard some brokers are willing to give a rebate of about 5% of their commission.
    Like that must you find out for yourself better at the same time you can compare the price of the motor insurance.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Like that must you find out for yourself better at the same time you can compare the price of the motor insurance.
    By engaging a broker, the broker will do the work for us. If we go to the insurance companies ourselves, the premiums paid will be the same as if we go through the broker. Furthermore, by going direct to the insurance companies, they will not give any rebates.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZzzMonster View Post
    By engaging a broker, the broker will do the work for us. If we go to the insurance companies ourselves, the premiums paid will be the same as if we go through the broker. Furthermore, by going direct to the insurance companies, they will not give any rebates.
    Why do you want the rebates for?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Why do you want the rebates for?
    Sorry, maybe i did not explain clearly.

    What i meant by rebates is if your premium is $1000. Some brokers who want to do your business more than others will give you back 5% which works out to be a saving of $50.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Motor insurance - recommendation?

    ok,I see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •