Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Free Flickr account

  1. #1

    Default Free Flickr account

    I just got a warning that my Flickr account has a 200 photo limit.

    Do you guys clean up your flickr photos?
    Create a 2nd account? :x
    Or pay US$25 a year for a pro account?
    Or use another free site???
    ex-Nikon owner - now only iPhone :/

  2. #2

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    go for the pro account. it will save u an awful lots of troubles.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    I just keep my photos in my drive. Intend to display, the nice ones only.


    GMAN

  4. #4

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    I just keep my photos in my drive. Intend to display, the nice ones only.


    GMAN
    And how do you display them? From your personal website?

    I'm running a web server on my PC, but i'm not sure if I want dozens of people accessing my pics and chewing my upload. Singapore ISPs aren't famous for their generous upload speeds.
    ex-Nikon owner - now only iPhone :/

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyP View Post
    And how do you display them? From your personal website?

    I'm running a web server on my PC, but i'm not sure if I want dozens of people accessing my pics and chewing my upload. Singapore ISPs aren't famous for their generous upload speeds.
    You're right on that one. Well, as for me, i've yet to display any online. Haha. That's why i said, i intended to. I'm still sorting out those i wanna display, however, it might result to the same problem as you are facing. 200 limit. Hmm, there must be a solution for this. Unless, you've got to take the PRO account.


    GMAN

  6. #6

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    You're right on that one. Well, as for me, i've yet to display any online. Haha. That's why i said, i intended to. I'm still sorting out those i wanna display, however, it might result to the same problem as you are facing. 200 limit. Hmm, there must be a solution for this. Unless, you've got to take the PRO account.


    GMAN
    After an outing I might post up 15 x 300kb images. That's 4.5MB upload for each time someone visits the thread (which is 45 secs load time at my full upload speed). My last thread had 2000+ visits....
    ex-Nikon owner - now only iPhone :/

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, Singapore
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    i pay US$30 year for a 100gb web hosting, with 1000gb bandwidth each month. load as many pictures as i want, run a ftp server to share files with friends, and host my own blog there. even use the ftp to deliver files to clients.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

  8. #8
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    You're right on that one. Well, as for me, i've yet to display any online. Haha. That's why i said, i intended to. I'm still sorting out those i wanna display, however, it might result to the same problem as you are facing. 200 limit. Hmm, there must be a solution for this. Unless, you've got to take the PRO account.


    GMAN
    Sori TS, OT abit hor...

    I wonder when....

  9. #9
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyP View Post
    I just got a warning that my Flickr account has a 200 photo limit.

    Do you guys clean up your flickr photos?
    Create a 2nd account? :x
    Or pay US$25 a year for a pro account?
    Or use another free site???
    for me I just pay for the pro acct n upload as many pics as i like...

    no brainy..save the hassle...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    for me I just pay for the pro acct n upload as many pics as i like...

    no brainy..save the hassle...
    Yeah, I think i'll be doing that. For now, I just deleted 50 pics that I don't care much for, and i'll get a pro account when I reach the limit
    ex-Nikon owner - now only iPhone :/

  11. #11
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyP View Post
    Yeah, I think i'll be doing that. For now, I just deleted 50 pics that I don't care much for, and i'll get a pro account when I reach the limit
    cos after spending time to edit ur images u still wanna be bother by other stuff mah?

    Btw, troy I known u previously from HP...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Just go for the pro.

    Look around the forums. There's actually a bargain for pro account.

  13. #13
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Just go for the pro.

    Look around the forums. There's actually a bargain for pro account.
    http://www.flickr.com/help/payments/#434670

    I've found Flickr Pro accounts for sale somewhere else, for cheaper! Is this for real?

    As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. This usually means someone is selling a gift code on an auction or some such site. You can only purchase Flickr Pro accounts from Flickr, through Yahoo!. Flickr Pro gift codes are not eligible for resale. A Flickr member who purchases such codes from such sales will lose their Pro status, and will likely be out of any money they have spent when such transactions come to our attention. It will not be refundable by Flickr/Yahoo!.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Sori TS, OT abit hor...

    I wonder when....
    You again bro. Haha!!!


    GMAN

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    cos after spending time to edit ur images u still wanna be bother by other stuff mah?

    Btw, troy I known u previously from HP...
    This is scary. Haha.


    GMAN

  16. #16

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    I'm using www.fileden.com to host my pics...

    Max 1GB total file limit, 5GB bandwidth per month. Best of all, it is free.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    city and bishan toapayoh grc
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    I didn't go pro. I kept using flickr at 200.

    There are sites out there, free and size limitless, zorpia is one of them. but i still prefer flickr for the community of frenz i have there.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bleh/
    let the universe surprise you .)

  18. #18
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Free Flickr account

    200 photo limit? as far as i'm aware, they'll only show the last 200 pics that you've uploaded. any older pics are still in your account, just that you can't view them. if you've linked them before, they'll still be viewable.
    eat. drink. shoot

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •