Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Blue Screen And Can't Open Internet Browsers

Default Help! Blue Screen And Can't Open Internet Browsers

This happened to my com! after that it reboot by itself.. then everything seems ok, i can open msn.. but i can't open firefox.. IE and even google chrome. it says on firefox that address was not found

Please advise.
    When is the last time you tried something for the first time?
    http://flickr.com/photos/just2of-us/

Default Re: Help! Blue Screen And Can't Open Internet Browsers

have your google searches been slower than usual?

i had that problem a while back, it happened because of some form of malware that kept redirecting my google searches to a few addresses, super irritating. in the end removed it with adaware

run safe mode and try to run online virus scan like trendmicro
    sigh.

Other than virus or spyware, it could also be your hard drive is at the end of its life and going to die soon.

BSOD...

hard to tell whats going on unless see the system. maybe you can send it to SLS for a checkup.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Looks like your RAM's in trouble. Try reseating it (remove and put it back). Otherwise if you've 2 RAMs, try running on one at a time, open Netscape, see if u still get the blue screen.

OR

Run a RAM check software.. find in yahoo.

Ok i tried resetting my rams. Now it runs properly. BUT... the only problem is that whenever i open firefox, internet explorer etc... I can't surf the net.. it says ADDRESS NOT FOUND. So i can't do any online checks on that computer. Is there any other ways i can do it?

Ok and plus whenever i try to run an online game. It reboots by itself, giving the blue screen.
    Other than that everything is still ok. I can talk on Msn, run photoshop, listen music etc.
    Last edited by just2ofus; 7th April 2009 at 03:27 PM.

most prob something is blocking ur explorers.. try running in safe mode, see u get the same thing or not.
    my Flickr
    Sony NEX-3K, Canon 40D & 350D IR

okay i'll slowly try everything i can. Thanks everyone for your advices. will update.

see if u can run this from safemode: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    sigh.

Ok here's a little update. I tried running on safe mode. Still can't surf the net. But after i restart the com.. I click firefox and now its back to normal.

I'm now currently running a check on trendmicro and see if anything improves.

thanks bros.

For games to have that problem it could only mean that your graphic driver is in conflict with that particular game. What's your graphics card, internal or external, etc. Updating the driver would help, esp if its internal.

Some games are known to be in conflict with the graphics card. So I gather it only happens to game A and not game B right? If it does to both, just reseat your graphics. Otherwise, update its graphics driver.

Check the above.

Lotsa possibilities. I'm sure it'll work just fine sooner or later, follow the steps.
    Last edited by dennisc; 7th April 2009 at 06:55 PM.

Run registry cleaner such as Registry Mechanic.
    Run ccCleaner.
    Update all hardware drivers.

Had a similar screen with the exact same error details on my laptop. If it doesn't go to the bluescreen (ie windows can access), i can't get into any website (same issue as TS).

Send for servicing and the tech person replaced the ram, she said the ram has problem.

If you have spare ram, try to change and see how.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    Had a similar screen with the exact same error details on my laptop. If it doesn't go to the bluescreen (ie windows can access), i can't get into any website (same issue as TS).

Send for servicing and the tech person replaced the ram, she said the ram has problem.

If you have spare ram, try to change and see how.
    I'm afraid to do so. I had a friend who happens to get this on his com and people ask him to change ram. So he bought a new ram and installed it, but the problem persists.

Well i could try. If its not the ram problem i can take it as upgrading the rams. But need to know how much are DDR2 2GB ram now?

And another thing is that last night, after i installed a plugin in photoshop, shortly after the problem came. Now i can't uninstall/reinstall Photoshop.

And today previously i got the blue screen 2 more times. Now i deleted my photoshop folder, the com is running pretty smoothly. If the problem repeats, i will try and reformat and see if the problem persists.

Once again, thanks guys.
    Last edited by just2ofus; 7th April 2009 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by just2ofus View Post
    I'm afraid to do so. I had a friend who happens to get this on his com and people ask him to change ram. So he bought a new ram and installed it, but the problem persists.

Well i could try. If its not the ram problem i can take it as upgrading the rams. But need to know how much are DDR2 2GB ram now?

And another thing is that last night, after i installed a plugin in photoshop, shortly after the problem came. Now i can't uninstall/reinstall Photoshop.

And today previously i got the blue screen 2 more times. Now i deleted my photoshop folder, the com is running pretty smoothly. If the problem repeats, i will try and reformat and see if the problem persists.

Once again, thanks guys.
    I feel that the issues you, have deals with the ram: stuff like installation, running internet requires ram. Not sure the price for PC rams but for laptop DDR2, its around 27 bucks for a 2gig (at least dats what i paid for last dec).

If not for the ram, i can't help you. HTH
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

STOP code that end with 0A is normally associate with hardware or drivers failure. Since you have mention that the problem appeared after you have installed some plugin for photoshop, most probably that is the cause.

If you have read what is written on the screen, it will give you some clues to what went wrong, you can either uninstall the plugin in the save mode or use "System Restore" to restore it to a time before the plugin installation. As you have deleted the photoshop folder, I do not know whether "System Restore" will work.

I would recommend that you reformat the hard disk and reinstall the Windows XP if you have the time.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    Thanks bro, will try.

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    I feel that the issues you, have deals with the ram: stuff like installation, running internet requires ram. Not sure the price for PC rams but for laptop DDR2, its around 27 bucks for a 2gig (at least dats what i paid for last dec).

If not for the ram, i can't help you. HTH
    Thanks bro, i will try to reformat and see if problem persists, if it does i go buy new rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    STOP code that end with 0A is normally associate with hardware or drivers failure. Since you have mention that the problem appeared after you have installed some plugin for photoshop, most probably that is the cause.

If you have read what is written on the screen, it will give you some clues to what went wrong, you can either uninstall the plugin in the save mode or use "System Restore" to restore it to a time before the plugin installation. As you have deleted the photoshop folder, I do not know whether "System Restore" will work.

I would recommend that you reformat the hard disk and reinstall the Windows XP if you have the time.
    Yes i will reformat and reinstall tomorrow after i save my photos and stuffs.

I thought of system restore. But i just reformatted my com not long and i forgot to save my stuffs. So there's no date available for me to go back. (Mental reminder to do it after i reformat)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast