Thread: Bokeh

Default Bokeh

Would like to ask the expert here how to create bokeh effect? I roughly know it is related to aperture which is f value but none of my shoot achieve it. I just got myself a Sony V1 which is capable on setting aperture value from F2.8 to F8.0. Shutter speed doesnt affect the bokeh effect, right?

Thanks for helping, hope can take some nice bokeh shoot on people/flower/animal.

Howard

You might wanna check out this link.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm

thanks for your help. Conclusion seems to be(please correct if I am wrong):

1) Set biggest aperture (F2.8).
    2) Zoom to the max.
    3) Subject and background should have certain distance.

Btw, megaweb, I see through your new zoo photo gallery in clupsnap. A lot of photo achieve bokeh with smallest aperture which is F8.0. Care enlighten me why it is different from the above conclusion that I have made? thanks for helping.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    thanks for your help. Conclusion seems to be(please correct if I am wrong):

1) Set biggest aperture (F2.8).
    2) Zoom to the max.
    3) Subject and background should have certain distance.
    You got it ...

Btw, megaweb, I see through your new zoo photo gallery in clupsnap. A lot of photo achieve bokeh with smallest aperture which is F8.0. Care enlighten me why it is different from the above conclusion that I have made? thanks for helping.

Howard
    if the shot is taken by lens itself (no ext tube) with f8 , the bokeh is due to long the focal length (same as above no. 2 .. zoom to the max. ) and background is far
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    You got it ...

if the shot is taken by lens itself (no ext tube) with f8 , the bokeh is due to long the focal length (same as above no. 2 .. zoom to the max. ) and background is far
    Thanks for your help! I will try it out this weekend

Howard