Thread: Pierce resevoir

Default Pierce resevoir

Some pics of pierce resevoir...

comments??

Default Pierce

Hi CZ,
    this is my fav jogging place.... except those sickening monkeys
    Back to the main subject. The first 4 pictures skies seems a little overexposed, using a polarizer might help to reduce some glare. The last is my favourite, as the exposure is pretty balance, except the hazy sky again. You may want to try sun set/rise one of this day.... totally amazing during that time, provided it is not hazy

Regards.

By the way, the 4th pix would have been very good if not for overhanging branches on the top left hand corner and the hazy sky.

Deregistered

curiously, what are those 'machines' on the water in one of the shots?

btw, it's "peirce", not "pierce" reservoir

Pics are over exposed except for the last one pal, btw the horizon in pic 4 is slanted.

The sky was completely washed out, guess another day with blue skies would be great

like what toomz commented , your shots are overexposed , esp the sky. Such problem will only happen when the sky is very bright/overcast and the background is dark. There are too much exposure different ( usually > 5 stops ).

Tips :
    1. Take the shots in the morning or evening when the sky is not so bright
    2. Use grad ND filter to balance the exposure between the sky and foreground
    3. If you are using digital camera , you can use Histograms to check your shot exposure.
    4. For analog camera user , check the different in expsoure of the sky and foreground , make sure it is not more than 5 stops different (lesser stops even better)

Related Link
    - Understanding Histograms
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

OT:..the slope in yr last pic brings back memories. leads to the woodcutter's trail.

maybe u should try taking the pics at dawn or dusk - nicer colours of sky and clouds.

Thanks for all the comments
    I went there around 11am which was near noon, main reason was that I've been there during the morning before and the whole place is super misty, very difficult to take pics i suppose. Even at 11am, the place is still a little misty.

The pics I've posted here have gone through post-processing using PS, the original pics where quite dark and bluish, i think it's because of the mist. I used curves and colour balance to brighten up a and remove the blue-isness respectively.

Yeah agreed with you all that the skies are overexposed, however if I try to bring down the brightness of the sky, the rest of the pic (trees, grass) will become dark, that's why i feel it's quite hard to balance the 2 of them.

megaweb> what's ND filter?

By the way will using a polarizer or lens hood help to reduce the glare?
    I'm using F717