Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help in entry level cameras..

Blog Entries

Default Re: help in entry level cameras..

Quote Originally Posted by sheaffey View Post
    thanks guys..thanks for the tips...anyway can u guys tell me bout canon 400D? does it have wide range of lenses?
    350D is replaced by 400D which is replaced by 450D and is currently going to get replaced by the 500D.

If you get 400D you will be buying 2 generations before the current model when the 500D comes out in a couple of months.

You can make tons of comparison, but at the end of the day, you must be happy with that set of camera on your hands. Consider what you wish to shoot most, budget and upgrading power, that is dollar sign.

yah, thanks for all the comments guys, its sure a big help for me...but in the end im sure that good pictures comes from good photographer rather than good cameras..
    Last edited by sheaffey; 8th April 2009 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheaffey View Post
    yah, thanks for all the comments guys, its sure a big help for me...but in the end im sure that good pictures comes from good photographer rather than good cameras..
    well, just get the cam dat u can afford first...play around with it till u sian and got enough dough by then, then u upgrade!

anyway, dun let us wait too long hor...quick quick go BBB and show us ur pics

Erm, I'm not sure, but shouldn't the Pentax K10D also fall in your range? With on-body image stabilization and a slew of old lenses to use and decent weatherproofing, it should definitely be on any one's list.

I use a D40, and for what it's worth, you're not limited in terms of lenses - just that you won't autofocus on all of them. I shoot manual with a couple of series E primes I have, and while it does take a bit of getting used to, it's massively more involving and satisfying than the alternative. Since I haven't done any HDR work I guess I don't know what I'm missing as opposed to a D90 or such, but I'm not complaining.

If you need AF lenses, there's a pretty wide range of AF-S lenses now, starting from the 35mm prime all the way up to decent telephoto lengths - so don't worry. The kit lens and the 55-200 VR will last you a long way, anyway =)

Cheers!

thanks guys, im thinking bout buying nikon D series so im considering D60 Or D40x..read all the reviews bout it and manage to try the cameras yesterday..but im still considering it D60 or D40x...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12