Thread: New In Singapore

Default New In Singapore

1. Any suggestion on where to shoot in Singapore? I like landscape to macro shots.
    2. Gears - I heard from the web that not all photo shops in Singapore are really that helpful and honest, can you suggest a good, reputable shops?
    3. Are there shops that sell second hand lenses with quality control?

Default Re: New In Singapore

1. There are several "where to shoot in singapore" threads. Try a search.
    2. Yes, we have several recommended shops, and the subforums for the various camera brands here usually list prices from these shops. MS Color and Cathay are 2 that I'd go to.
    3. With QC? Not really. And if the QC is good, the cost is high. Best to get from the Marketplace section here on CS.
    Alpha

Hi i am a newbie to photography, but i can suggest a few places to take pictures based on your preferences..

for landscape you can try kent ridge park, fort canning park. the sentosa side view of Vivocity looks good too. if you prefer man-made structures, you go down to where fullerton hotel is, the surrounding area provides quite a nice view of the skyscraper skyline of Singapore. heard marina barrage is a nice place to capture the skyline too, though i hvaen't been there myself.

macro if you are interested in wildlife you could try going to Macritchie reservoir or just look around Singapore. We have lots of bugs and insects all around =)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    2. Yes, we have several recommended shops, and the subforums for the various camera brands here usually list prices from these shops. MS Color and Cathay are 2 that I'd go to.
    3. With QC? Not really. And if the QC is good, the cost is high. Best to get from the Marketplace section here on CS.
    Thanks for the tips. I've never been to the places you mentioned except for Marina Barage. I was at the Barage to meet 2009. I have some fireworks shots from the jetty. I will try Kent Ridge this weekend... with thanks! Mem Kee (The Blackhole).

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Sorry for being lazy to search.... where is MS Color? I know where Cathay is... with thanks. Mem Kee, the Blackhole.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackhole View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I've never been to the places you mentioned except for Marina Barage. I was at the Barage to meet 2009. I have some fireworks shots from the jetty. I will try Kent Ridge this weekend... with thanks! Mem Kee (The Blackhole).
    Hi Mem Kee

you might be interested to note that Kent Ridge Park is linked to many parks along the Singapore Coast. My friend took 3 hours to finish walking them all! From what I heard all parks provide a nice view of the Singapore landscape.

Sorry for being lazy to search.... where is MS Color? I know where Cathay is... with thanks. Mem Kee, the Blackhole.
    Good god man, even google can answer that...
    Alpha

Take it easy Bro Rashkae ...

Bro Mem Kee, please dun expect to be spoonfed 100% of the time ya.

Here's the link to their home page - MS Color

AND for easy reference -

M S Color Main Shop
    Blk 711 Ang Mo Kio Central Ave 8
    #01-3501C
    Singapore 560711

Tel: 6457 6380
    Fax: 64552695
    Email: sales@mscolor.com.sg

AMK Hub
    53, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 AMK Hub
    #02-24
    Singapore 569933

Tel: 6452 2828
    Fax: 6752 6422
    Last edited by SabaDen; 6th April 2009 at 03:47 PM.

1. Any suggestion on where to shoot in Singapore? I like landscape to macro shots.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=89
    about the most useful post i have came across about places to shoot in Singapore.
    enjoy your stay!
    EOS 7D | EOS 50D | EF50f/1.4 | Flickr | www.krjefferson.com

Check out the Uniquely Singapore link below.

http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis..._reserves.html

Quote Originally Posted by rajahchindian View Post
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=89
    about the most useful post i have came across about places to shoot in Singapore.
    enjoy your stay!
    WOW! The list will keep me busy for at least a year! Thanks for the link... very much appreciated. Mem Kee.

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Check out the Uniquely Singapore link below.

http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis..._reserves.html
    I never realized that Singapore being a highly urbanized country have lots of reserved habitats where living things can exist harmoniously! Singapore never stop to amaze me!

Wear comfortable shoes, insect repellent and water.

I never realized that Singapore being a highly urbanized country have lots of reserved habitats where living things can exist harmoniously! Singapore never stop to amaze me!
    Singapore is famous for everything-also-have, hills, rivers, seaside, urban, highrise, chinatown, coloniels, malay house, indian temple, church, wildlife, migrate birds, u will need long time to get to know all the above.

All in all, have fun shooting !

Hi and welcome. New to Singapore, where are you from?

Thanks for all your tips... I spent a lot of time taking pictures at Changi Beach & Punggol this long weekend... I posted some of them in my flickr photostream....