Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    SUPER DULAN AND ANGRY WITH SINGNET MIO. ALWAYS LAGGGGGGGG

    And will show a page " Opps, the link seems to be broken "

    i think its singnet link that is broken . basket !

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    lol.. i think it happen to mine too! All u need to do was just unplug ur cables and then plug it back and keep doing restart. XD

  3. #3

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    no problems here
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    my only problem is house phone line. has been weird for months now.. but my family members dont really care since people call us on handphone more often than our house phone. haha.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    certain users have problems all the time, but certain users have no problem, you can just do a quick google for "mio complaints singnet" to get an idea.. ho ho ho.

    anyways, i had a horrible time getting them to fix the problem, they just kept sending line techs to check a line, everytime find no problem and go back; next time complain again, send another line tech, in the end i got fed up after they sent like 8 or 9 line techs, spoke to 3 different managers, and got a replacement modem. problem solved. end of story. case closed. maybe you can try that.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    replacement modem worked for me too.
    use to have the broadband link error one too many times, now it's just smooth sailing, faster too.
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    certain users have problems all the time, but certain users have no problem, you can just do a quick google for "mio complaints singnet" to get an idea.. ho ho ho.

    anyways, i had a horrible time getting them to fix the problem, they just kept sending line techs to check a line, everytime find no problem and go back; next time complain again, send another line tech, in the end i got fed up after they sent like 8 or 9 line techs, spoke to 3 different managers, and got a replacement modem. problem solved. end of story. case closed. maybe you can try that.
    ur problem was internet problem or house phoneline problem?

    my family complain a lot of time about the house line but nothing change so we really heck it already

  8. #8

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    most cases it's the modem it seems.
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  9. #9

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    ur problem was internet problem or house phoneline problem?

    my family complain a lot of time about the house line but nothing change so we really heck it already
    internet.

    house line no problem now..

    i cannot imagine why line techs are supposed to be the magic solution. if you've checked the line a week ago and it was fine.. what could have changed?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    most cases it's the modem it seems.
    hmmm.. for me my internet has no problem at all. my houseline problem goes liek this: when someone calls my house, i pick up and i cannot hear anything at all. the person on the other line also cant hear me. initially i thought it was my phone that has problem so my family bought new set of housephone. then we realised it was the line!

    then i also noticed that i get disconnected from the internet whenever people calls and the problem of not hearing anything from the other party occurs. complained a few times, nothing happened, ie no one come to change modem or anything.

    but recently this occurrence kind of reduced by a little, in the sense that some of my phone calls actually gets through to me. dunno if singtel is doing something, or am i just lucky.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    then i also noticed that i get disconnected from the internet whenever people calls and the problem of not hearing anything from the other party occurs. complained a few times, nothing happened, ie no one come to change modem or anything.
    just call again, and demand to speak to a manager.

    it is a sad day when you have to resort to such means to get problems solved, but if it's the way to do it, then i guess, you can't avoid it.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    just call again, and demand to speak to a manager.

    it is a sad day when you have to resort to such means to get problems solved, but if it's the way to do it, then i guess, you can't avoid it.
    yeah i guess..
    i must say i quite disappointed with singtel la. i mean, afterall they are supposed to be the leading telecomm company.

  13. #13
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    I'm using mio plan + mio TV, mio plan seem working fine so far (using for more than 1 year). Mio TV occasionally picture freeze especially when watching HD program. but generally happy with the service

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    What I notice is the internet connection maybe not very stable. Occasionally when I try to access a website like www.clubsnap.org, it said "server not responding", then click retry and the page loads. Encountered that quite often, but usually on retry it loads, so not much issue except a little inconvenience.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    They are famous for saying that the manager is not in. Always. If they do say that to you, don't agree and put down the phone, thinking the "manager" will call you back. Nope. Ask to speak to the MD and the manager will pop from no where. I did it before. I spoke to the MD.


    My internet was supposed to be activated on a particular date. But they didn't do it. they managed to activate it around 1 and a half day later. Instead, they blamed that there was some technical problems, and they had to "change the equipment" for me on their side. LOL. Singtel so generous to change whole server equipment for 1 individual customer? Haha. They had breached the contract and stated in black and white. Of course this is not the end of the story, i had more to tell the MD as well.


    GMAN

  16. #16

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Aiyah, been a singnet user for god knows how many years now. And i can tell u the technical support is crap. Don't depend on them! And for that, I have decided to take things into my own hands be it phone line problems or internet problems.

    Whenever the internet kena chop off, I will got look at the ADSL signal on the modem. Gone means singnet problem. Usually its back to normal in 10mins to an hour or so.... If after an hour, still got problem, I will jus plug all the cables out and reconnect. If dun work, then reset router n modem. Do hard reset thou....

    If everything else fails, I jus go to the phone socket on the wall and change the whole socket. Yes, I have spare phone sockets in my house at all times.....

    Usually change the whole socket and the problem is solved. For phone line problems, I usually go straight into changing the wall socket. If still fail, then i will call the tech support.

    When line tech comes, i will tell him, i already trouble shoot and change socket inside the house already... So, dun come into my house and touch anything. Jus go to the main line panel out there and check....

    Usually after checking, they will tell me lizard/cockroach chew ur line. So they replace and voila, internet back, phone oso back

    Sometimes, its good to depend on yourself....

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Aiyah, been a singnet user for god knows how many years now. And i can tell u the technical support is crap. Don't depend on them! And for that, I have decided to take things into my own hands be it phone line problems or internet problems.

    Whenever the internet kena chop off, I will got look at the ADSL signal on the modem. Gone means singnet problem. Usually its back to normal in 10mins to an hour or so.... If after an hour, still got problem, I will jus plug all the cables out and reconnect. If dun work, then reset router n modem. Do hard reset thou....

    If everything else fails, I jus go to the phone socket on the wall and change the whole socket. Yes, I have spare phone sockets in my house at all times.....

    Usually change the whole socket and the problem is solved. For phone line problems, I usually go straight into changing the wall socket. If still fail, then i will call the tech support.

    When line tech comes, i will tell him, i already trouble shoot and change socket inside the house already... So, dun come into my house and touch anything. Jus go to the main line panel out there and check....

    Usually after checking, they will tell me lizard/cockroach chew ur line. So they replace and voila, internet back, phone oso back

    Sometimes, its good to depend on yourself....
    That time they told my dad, the rat chewed the line off. Please...the line is on the ceiling, how in the world the rat could chew that? Use ladder? Haha


    GMAN

  18. #18

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    That time they told my dad, the rat chewed the line off. Please...the line is on the ceiling, how in the world the rat could chew that? Use ladder? Haha


    GMAN
    The rat trained in kungfu lah...

    Graduated from Sion's martial arts school

    Major in flying rat stance

  19. #19

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    hmmm.. for me my internet has no problem at all. my houseline problem goes liek this: when someone calls my house, i pick up and i cannot hear anything at all. the person on the other line also cant hear me. initially i thought it was my phone that has problem so my family bought new set of housephone. then we realised it was the line!

    then i also noticed that i get disconnected from the internet whenever people calls and the problem of not hearing anything from the other party occurs. complained a few times, nothing happened, ie no one come to change modem or anything.

    but recently this occurrence kind of reduced by a little, in the sense that some of my phone calls actually gets through to me. dunno if singtel is doing something, or am i just lucky.
    I think your connection in the wall socket is abit lose... Jus pry or screw it open(depending on what kindda socket u use) then tighten the contacts inside.... It should solve the problem...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Any Mio users having problem going into internet ?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    internet.

    house line no problem now..

    i cannot imagine why line techs are supposed to be the magic solution. if you've checked the line a week ago and it was fine.. what could have changed?
    Try to disconnect all the ADSL filters and see can access or not. If can, then go get new filters and change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •