Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Straits Times Photoshoot Article Commentary

Default Re: Pre-Straits Times Photoshoot Article Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    like i said b4 the term model today is thrown around too quickly.
    well this has prob been debated for a long time already ...
    just because a girl has done a few shoots ... they call themselves "models" ...

portfolio ??? nothing to speak of ... nothing to shout about ... some even use their blogs as portfolio ... Am i - the photog - suppose to go through your blog and figure out which one you are ???

the photogs that goes after these "models" are giving them too much credit and giving them too big an ego boost ...
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

just read de article... wasn't as bad as i thought! it seems to focus more on the models than photographers... though it does cast a pretty negative light on clubsnap/photographer as a whole.

I don't fully agree with the boycott of model shoot/xmm shoot on clubsnap as mentioned on the thread "sex sells"; at the end of the day; demand and supply rules... it will go elsewhere.... why deprived serious portraiture clubsnaper of an avenue to source for model shoot? I myself do signup for the those model shoot time to time.

But i do agree that some organizer do sensationalize their thread in the name of marketing; not wrong, but it does degrade the "image" of clubsnap, the photographers and the models.
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki View Post
    just read de article... wasn't as bad as i thought! it seems to focus more on the models than photographers... though it does cast a pretty negative light on clubsnap/photographer as a whole.

I don't fully agree with the boycott of model shoot/xmm shoot on clubsnap as mentioned on the thread "sex sells"; at the end of the day; demand and supply rules... it will go elsewhere.... why deprived serious portraiture clubsnaper of an avenue to source for model shoot? I myself do signup for the those model shoot time to time.

But i do agree that some organizer do sensationalize their thread in the name of marketing; not wrong, but it does degrade the "image" of clubsnap, the photographers and the models.
    Not picking a fight or an argument ... but just want to examine your remarks and maybe make my poitn of view on this ...

1) it is in agreement that CS has come under some negative light in view of all their "news" articles

2) yes there will always be demand and there will always be supply. The idea to is clean up CS image a little and let some of the other forums share the limelight of the xmm shoots ... so let them go elsewhere ... let the "news hounds" go elsewhere to find their beef ... it may well be the same group of organisers ... models .. and photogs. But it will not be CS in the news ....
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

Deregistered

I agree with Akatsuki, CS does provide an avenue to source for models, at least there is some control here with regards to "moller quality" ... minimal, yes, but nevertheless there IS some control, simply because it is a supply and demand thing as well, eg, in order for mollers to survive and thrive here, they will have to start doing well or improving themselves, or else they will wither and die, simply through word of mouth between individual photogs and/or organisers ... if you have been here long enough, you can tell which are the mollers who eventually just fade away, and which are the ones who stay on, simply because the fittest ( better ones) survive ..

This is also true of their attitudes, if members keep up their "name the flakers" campaign ... the more notorious ones will eventually learn to be more responsible, or else they will also fade away ... so in this sense, CS does serve a purpose in terms of control ..

I have tried getting people willing to pose ( not even moller quality ) from other classifieds .. simply for practice, and the quality of the people .. I can't even begin to describe ...

The main problem is that we are beginning to sensationalise some of our shoots, and the price wars and intense competiton sure don't help at all ... in terms of quality overall ... The article hints that young innocent girls are exploited by cheaply offering themselves for sleazy shoots ... and that is what we need to clean up .. this image in the public's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    Not picking a fight or an argument ... but just want to examine your remarks and maybe make my poitn of view on this ...

1) it is in agreement that CS has come under some negative light in view of all their "news" articles

2) yes there will always be demand and there will always be supply. The idea to is clean up CS image a little and let some of the other forums share the limelight of the xmm shoots ... so let them go elsewhere ... let the "news hounds" go elsewhere to find their beef ... it may well be the same group of organisers ... models .. and photogs. But it will not be CS in the news ....
    As for LTB's comments, the idea of just shunting the problem to other sites ... it hints of taiji .. the problem exists, but so long as it don't exist in my face, I don't give 2 hoots ....

I know I'm way too idealistic in this sense, but can't we retain the shoots by improving them, rather than sweeping them some where else ? If I need to source for people to pose, wouldn't it "force" me to those other sites ?

vince123123
    Guests

Seriously, if any court holds that these are "obscene", I'll be very surprised. It is quite obvious the author doesn't know what she is talking about. Its like talking about apples and pears in the same passage and trying to lead people to think that apples are pears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    print version has stuff like 'under the penal code', 'distribution of obscene material is punishable by law', etc. The overall slant is quite negative.

vince123123
    Guests

Yes, again comments by people who don't know what they are talking about Quite funny really as you said

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    lol, the comments on the online link very funny..

rofl

vince123123
    Guests

Hehe I was thinking the exact same thing; I think overall the article does benefit us

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Maybe, this is great development for us photographers. The price point is set, or re-set, cheap paid shoot, no need to be obligated to give model any images, god sent.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yes, again comments by people who don't know what they are talking about Quite funny really as you said
    Yup yup it is seriously funny !
    Don't know if I we are allowed to quote the comments .. but cc1034's comments are ludicrous and so typical of people not knowing what's going on and wishing to say something ... typical

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but being not once an organiser/shooter you have no practical experience with regards to photoshoots am I right? This is nothing personal but...

Do other "smut holes" allow you to practice composition/lighting/flash technique/exposure control/raw file adjustment on actual real world subjects?

Photographer A likes to do it with Birds.
    Photographer B likes to do it with Insects.
    Photographer C likes to do it with Girls.

Whether or not it relates to male instinct or not doesn't defeat the fact that it's a definite viable form of photography.
    photoshoot is just a genre of photography, any form of photography will have composition/lighting/exposure control but flash technique/raw file adjustments is not a given.

viable as in business? if yes, then model shoots are the only 1s that is commercially viable. narrowly speaking, female models for male photographers.
    have u seen the "light" yet?

ban him?
    huh, he help promote CS name big big...
    have u seen the "light" yet?

So what did the newspaper conclude with the article? That some girls are silly, that they should be charging more, that all photographers are 'ham sup', that men like to shoot ladies in anyway they can . . . . .

So what was the point of the article?

Doesn't seem to be any conclusion other than a general reminder (or warning) about child labour laws and laws concerning the distribution of obscene material.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 5th April 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obfuscate View Post
    So what did the newspaper conclude with the article? That some girls are silly, that they should be charging more, that all photographers are 'ham sup', that men like to shoot ladies in anyway they can . . . . .

seriously; there pretty much summarize the whole article.

This article is there, for the sake of being there. No educational nor informative knowledge. Period.
    Playing with M43.

seriously; there pretty much summarize the whole article.

This article is there, for the sake of being there. No educational nor informative knowledge. Period.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Doesn't seem to be any conclusion other than a general reminder (or warning) about child labour laws and laws concerning the distribution of obscene material.
    which vince mentioned b4 is laughable.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Agree. haha.
    In the past TNP report, didnt they call the CS shooters "Amatuer Lens men with entry level DSLRs"? (Didn't even qualify to be called photographers leh). So now they term the XMMs with little or not experience as models? (ok, some may have a pretty face and thats abt it). Very inconsistent eh. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by obfuscate View Post

if you ever read newspaper, you will know that newspaper reporting is not supposed to have any conclusion ....
    it leaves the conclusion to the readers.

Newspaper reporting is supposed to tell the story from all sides. The problem is that they have to somehow "sensationalize" some issues so that the reporting is more attractive....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by bEnd1ck View Post
    Agree. haha.
    In the past TNP report, didnt they call the CS shooters "Amatuer Lens men with entry level DSLRs"? (Didn't even qualify to be called photographers leh). So now they term the XMMs with little or not experience as models? (ok, some may have a pretty face and thats abt it). Very inconsistent eh. haha.
    lol they never heard of the term GWC is it.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

why is this impt and whats the pt debating about this? let the readers draw there own conclusion like one of the guy here mentioned. but there has been a sharp rise of these shots everywhere and at times it can get comical.

so much for cs and the media
    picture perfect

the same goes for photographers

and the same goes for many other jobs out there.

someone who can barely sketch can call him/herself a talented artist or even know 10% of the software can selfproclaim that he/she is a designer.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast