Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Straits Times Photoshoot Article Commentary

Default Pre-Straits Times Photoshoot Article Commentary

Hello all, Surrephoto Here.

As many/most may know (hope this is not a sweeping statement), there is almost certainly going to be an article on the Sunday Times tomorrow about clubsnap photoshoots.

1. I was called by an ST Editor by the name of D*****. He/she asked me whether the prices of photoshoots will go any lower.

At the end of the conversation, i received an SMS from him/her stating that they were interested to interview Bikini/Lingerie models who preferably charge low rates.

2. Today without agenda, i joined Candleghost's photoshoot (Sundress+bikini top) at Sentosa Palawan and figured that ST's reporter cum photographer was there to take shots of the photoshoot.

I'm not going to go on a guessing game on the angle that ST will take with their article tomorrow. But as a newbie organiser i simply hope this will not cause another wildfire like it did before.

Thanks all.

Default Re: Pre-Straits Times Photoshoot Article Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post

As many/most may know (hope this is not a sweeping statement), there is almost certainly going to be an article on the Sunday Times tomorrow about clubsnap photoshoots.

1. I was called by an ST Editor by the name of D*****. He/she asked me whether the prices of photoshoots will go any lower.

At the end of the conversation, i received an SMS from him/her stating that they were interested to interview Bikini/Lingerie models who preferably charge low rates.

2. Today without agenda, i joined Candleghost's photoshoot (Sundress+bikini top) at Sentosa Palawan and figured that ST's reporter cum photographer was there to take shots of the photoshoot.

I'm not going to go on a guessing game on the angle that ST will take with their article tomorrow. But as a newbie organiser i simply hope this will not cause another wildfire like it did before.

Thanks all.

believe me...wait for the fire to spread. only see how we can contain.

as usual... 无风不起浪

so just wait and see what kinda crap they going to twist again. esp being fed by people who never go shoot, self proclaimed model... etc...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

deja vu like last year all over again...

is there any need to " ***** " ...
    always the Light, .... always.

1st timer discount, or regular photoshoot discount?
    have u seen the "light" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    as usual... 无风不起浪

so just wait and see what kinda crap they going to twist again. esp being fed by people who never go shoot, self proclaimed model... etc...
    time for a Kit-Kat?

I've no bone to pick with any organiser, I'm fine, in fact I pay the models almost all the $ profits fr the shoots. I'm doing all these out of fun but...

If reporters were to report on the hotel's venue in the papers along with the Organiser, and if the hotel takes action, he'll be in hot soup. Safer to have the photog/potential undercovers sign NDA before shoots.

I'm aware reporters, hotels, law enforcements, etc are reading CS too.
    Last edited by dennisc; 4th April 2009 at 05:41 PM.

At the end of the day, people don't spend so much time to thoroughly understand the situation.

If you go everywhere and tell people you join/organise shoots that feature lingerie/bikini or even casual fashion models for random photographers to shoot, you're going to receive a few stares for certain.

Whether it is a self-proclaimed/proclaimed model, interviewees who join/do not join shoots, the resultant public image would be the same.

We should just brace ourselves if its yet another wildfire. Sometimes need to work within the problems instead of showing that its not a problem.

We should just brace ourselves if its yet another wildfire. Sometimes need to work within the problems instead of showing that its not a problem.
    this sentence i totally agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    is there any need to " ***** " ...
    I'll assume for now that D***** the editor/reporter from ST is simply doing his/her job.

Just as clients demand a quota of photographs from their wedding photographer, the chief-editor demands a quota of articles a month from his/her editors/reporters...
    Last edited by surrephoto; 4th April 2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: meaning error

Thanks all.
    wols esp if she who shall not be named open her mouth again tomorrow and slander this place. even then it's gonna be an aggravating piece to read because of the xmm mentality...
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

I'll assume for now that D***** the editor/reporter from ST is simply doing his/her job.

Just as clients demand a quota of photographs from their wedding photographer, the chief-editor demands a quota of articles a month from his/her editors/reporters...
    ya doing their job to sell more papers. they should go find spiderman!

Was just called by the Straits Times again. This time I was asked how much I earnt from organising photoshoots.

I've been honest with the Straits Times and hopefully they will be so mutually.

Was just called by the Straits Times again. This time I was asked how much I earnt from organising photoshoots.

I've been honest with the Straits Times and hopefully they will be so mutually.
    that's rather naive of u.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    that's rather naive of u.
    Let's not be too pragmatic about the situation. I'm simply hoping and trying to be optimistic. Lol.

Straits Times have very good techniques and track record to turn fact into very interesting articles.

Good luck with the article tomorrow.

Let's not be too pragmatic about the situation. I'm simply hoping and trying to be optimistic. Lol.
    i hope u're still saying that tomorrow. if it was me i'd just tell them no comment. then if they misquote u or make up something u can sue them! then no need to organize shoot liao! haha

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    i hope u're still saying that tomorrow. if it was me i'd just tell them no comment. then if they misquote u or make up something u can sue them! then no need to organize shoot liao! haha
    We'll see about it.

One fact i'm willing to accept is that such photoshoots (xmm, bmm, pro-model, amateur, self-proclaim, deproclaimed) is not something majority of the public can accept.

Whether i speak the truth or refuse to comment, it's simply easy to sensationalise articles about sociably less acceptable entities.

Just my two cents...

I've just finish an interview with
    The Straits time. It's an article about photoshoots.
    Grab Sunday's paper and read about it ya!

I think I saw this written in a model's blog.

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast