Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Are mods excessively protective organisers

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Are mods excessively protective organisers

    I'm just wondering how we are going to get more improved organised photoshoots if the mods shut down threads highlighting photoshoots that don't seem to be well organised ?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497648

    I don't want to seem I'm a supporter of the TS Deadpoet, and frankly I think he can better phrase some of his sentences better ... but I do see hsi points sometimes ...

    Well he could have asked nicely, nevertheless he has a point ...

    Would the mods consider some comments and feedback from the rest first, before the shut down the thread ? Seems a rather hasty decision ..

    I'm wondering if it has anything to do with $$ ?

    Justa thought

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    well, its a different case altogether.

    DP vs Organisers

    Mods vs Organisers

    we do see DP vs Organiser as a point taken, but excessive bashing don't result in improvement. Organisers will still do what they need or want to survive in their market. Having seen what DP wrote, he have a point, but it all boils back to the participant's perceived value. If they think its worth it, then its their issue. Like DP said, 3 mins per person per model, but look beyond that, from another perspective, 6 models in 1 session...

    Mods vs Organiser, we'll normally try to resolve issues based on things that are posted in the forum, hence we may choose to move them to the FAQ section like the organiser fly kite, and allow organiser to respond, we'll also try to let people discuss about the issues involved, like the melody_love thread. If the thread becomes a bashing thread, then we'll have to step in to close it.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    I'm just wondering how we are going to get more improved organised photoshoots if the mods shut down threads highlighting photoshoots that don't seem to be well organised ?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497648

    I don't want to seem I'm a supporter of the TS Deadpoet, and frankly I think he can better phrase some of his sentences better ... but I do see hsi points sometimes ...

    Well he could have asked nicely, nevertheless he has a point ...

    Would the mods consider some comments and feedback from the rest first, before the shut down the thread ? Seems a rather hasty decision ..

    I'm wondering if it has anything to do with $$ ?

    Justa thought
    I think you just answered your own question.

    If you like... check out these threads by DP.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464285
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472397

    We are not protecting the organisers and all you think CS is about $$$.

    We just do not want that thread to turn into a flamewar and we are tired of seeing the same thing over and over again. As the saying goes, if you can't swim, don't say that the swimming trunk is too big or the pool is not deep enough. Just be humble and admit. We are all here to share and learn. That is the spirit of CS.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Point taken ....

    Thanks for the insight ...

    Accept my apologies for any unintended slight ...

  5. #5
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Just my thoughts here. No offense to anyone. If any is taken, I sincerely offer my apologies.

    I understand that we are in the middle of making CS a better place for everyone and the voicing of opinions and concerns regarding matters in relation to this forum, a better place for all, the closing of DP's thread may be a tad bit hasty.

    Well granted that he can be blunt and direct more often than not, what I personally feel is that the recent issue about models flaking off in organised shoots have an indirect relation to how photoshoots are actually organised.

    While yes, the question here is not about money, essentially the question here is as members of the forum and the community and as someone who takes portraits all the time, this has caused a lot of displeasure. Even now the issue has been escalated into a flame war between organisers themselves.

    I can understand the mods point of view about turning matters into a flamewar, but in this case, a lot of what is going on now is, personally, as a result of bad handling of shoots and causing a lot of unhappiness between photographers, models and organisers.

    These are my humble thoughts on the above issue. I offer my apologies to the mods and admins if i have offended in any way in relation to my comments as above.

  6. #6
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    Just my thoughts here. No offense to anyone. If any is taken, I sincerely offer my apologies.

    I understand that we are in the middle of making CS a better place for everyone and the voicing of opinions and concerns regarding matters in relation to this forum, a better place for all, the closing of DP's thread may be a tad bit hasty.

    Well granted that he can be blunt and direct more often than not, what I personally feel is that the recent issue about models flaking off in organised shoots have an indirect relation to how photoshoots are actually organised.

    While yes, the question here is not about money, essentially the question here is as members of the forum and the community and as someone who takes portraits all the time, this has caused a lot of displeasure. Even now the issue has been escalated into a flame war between organisers themselves.

    I can understand the mods point of view about turning matters into a flamewar, but in this case, a lot of what is going on now is, personally, as a result of bad handling of shoots and causing a lot of unhappiness between photographers, models and organisers.

    These are my humble thoughts on the above issue. I offer my apologies to the mods and admins if i have offended in any way in relation to my comments as above.
    No offence taken seriously.

    We do hear of issue about bad handling of shoots and causing a lot of unhappiness between photographers, models and organisers. Rest assured that the admin and mod team were having discussion that is why we came up with the rating systems for organisers.

    We cannot really crack down on badly organised shoots. At the end of the day, it is a supply and demand issue and as long as those who join the shoot are happy and had fun, guess members just laugh it off...
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Oh man I must be seriously new ...

    Is there a rating system for organisers ? Umm .. where is it ?

  8. #8
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    Oh man I must be seriously new ...

    Is there a rating system for organisers ? Umm .. where is it ?
    Try looking for it under the Photoshoot subforum.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495863
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  9. #9

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    I understand that we are in the middle of making CS a better place for everyone and the voicing of opinions and concerns regarding matters in relation to this forum, a better place for all, the closing of DP's thread may be a tad bit hasty.
    let's be fair here, if there was no demand for bad shots, there will be no bad shots.

    it is a simple logic; when people actually start caring that the shot is bad, and not some cheap way to spend their afternoon drooling and looking at models, then the situation will improve.

    and no amount of policing on the part of the forum will stop that. even if clubsnap decides to squash it, they will go elsewhere, and all the gwcs will happily follow the scent to elsewhere. and then what will happen is, people will kb and link to those "elsewhere" sites..

    as far as i detest pretensions under the name of photography, organising such a shot isn't wrong, going to a shot isn't wrong either, it just disgusts me.. but it isn't wrong. just like using sex to sell beer in advertisements isn't wrong, but it doesn't mean that we all have to approve. or using sexy beer ladies.
    Last edited by night86mare; 4th April 2009 at 10:33 AM.

  10. #10
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    I'm just wondering how we are going to get more improved organised photoshoots if the mods shut down threads highlighting photoshoots that don't seem to be well organised ?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497648

    I don't want to seem I'm a supporter of the TS Deadpoet, and frankly I think he can better phrase some of his sentences better ... but I do see hsi points sometimes ...

    Well he could have asked nicely, nevertheless he has a point ...

    Would the mods consider some comments and feedback from the rest first, before the shut down the thread ? Seems a rather hasty decision ..

    I'm wondering if it has anything to do with $$ ?

    Justa thought
    if u step back and look at the situation u'll see that the mods have never really been protective about the organizers...
    its more been DP vs the mods and organizers trying to say that he's better than everyone else. the cs mod has given him a damn good response here:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...67&postcount=4
    and i for one support what the mods have done with regards to the organizers here and esp to how they have handled mr flamebait's organizer bashing
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Can i OT abit?

    Juz curious. But can a mod whom isn't in charge of a particular section of CS close a thread in that another section which isn't in the jurisdiction of that particular mod.

    In this case, the mod who closed DP's thread is not in charge of the KPT section....

    This is not to offend anyone, be it DP, mod, admin or regular members. Juz to seek clarification.

    I personally find it puzzling that a mod who is not in charge of a particular section of the forum actually have the authority to close a thread which is not under his/her jurisdiction. As in, why appoint specific mod for each sub-forum if any moderators can just go in and close the thread?

  12. #12
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Are mods excessively protective organisers

    Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Can i OT abit?

    Juz curious. But can a mod whom isn't in charge of a particular section of CS close a thread in that another section which isn't in the jurisdiction of that particular mod.

    In this case, the mod who closed DP's thread is not in charge of the KPT section....

    This is not to offend anyone, be it DP, mod, admin or regular members. Juz to seek clarification.

    I personally find it puzzling that a mod who is not in charge of a particular section of the forum actually have the authority to close a thread which is not under his/her jurisdiction. As in, why appoint specific mod for each sub-forum if any moderators can just go in and close the thread?
    Yes he can if he is a Global Mod, and I AM ONE of the many



    Anyway a question has been asked by the TS and the answers were given. With the TS acknowledging it, I think it is time to have a closure here.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 4th April 2009 at 01:04 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •