Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    hi everybody,
    no problems for hand carrying tripod when checking in hor?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    yup.. safe to bring.. they have a safe there...just came back from cruise yday... brought the body plus lense and tripod... then you have to wake up at 6.15am to take the photos.... off topic.... broke my tripod's screw on 1st day coz the nikon tripod cannot really support the d90 weight when i try to tilt at certain angle....

  3. #23

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    Quote Originally Posted by n0eln0el View Post
    hi everybody,
    no problems for hand carrying tripod when checking in hor?
    none whatsoever, but i question the need for a tripod, the ship is moving most of the time, so the only time you might get to use it in low light is when you are shooting the ship itself, or when it is docked.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    I went on a cruise last year, unfortunately my dslr shutter died early in the cruise, so it lived in the safe-box while I used my compacts for the rest of the cruise
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  5. #25
    Member tropiccana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    633

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    dont worry so much....bring it and u will love it

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    west of singapore
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I went on a cruise last year, unfortunately my dslr shutter died early in the cruise, so it lived in the safe-box while I used my compacts for the rest of the cruise
    thats very unfortunate.. thank goodness still have pns..

  7. #27

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    Well I am back from the cruise.

    I kept the DSLR in the safe when not taking.

    One thing that I have an issue with is the lens and filter will fog. Not sure if this is good for the lens and the body.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    west of singapore
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    managed to take lots of photos ?

  9. #29

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    none whatsoever, but i question the need for a tripod, the ship is moving most of the time, so the only time you might get to use it in low light is when you are shooting the ship itself, or when it is docked.
    ahh.. never been on a cruise
    i always tot the big cuise will be steady enough on the sea
    wanted to shoot city lights at night

  10. #30

    Default Re: Safe to bring DSLR to cruise?

    Been to Star Virgo with my D40. Simple as it was, it survived the seasprays, drizzle on the decks and the land tours. No problem whatsoever. Just bring it along to enjoy the photography!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •