Thread: Cleaning Lens & Filter with Kit

Default Cleaning Lens & Filter with Kit

Hi, question:

How do you properly clean a lens or a filter with a cleaning kit?

I didn't get a lens pen. Instead, got a kit from CP that has a huge blower, cloth, lintfree paper and some cleaning solution.

i poured the cleaning solution on my UV filter then used the paper to clean it off... but instead, it seems i scratched off the coating for the filter. then got this "screeching" feeling, as if scratching my nails against the blackboard.

anyone care to advise? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JermsDayOut
    Hi, question:

How do you properly clean a lens or a filter with a cleaning kit?

I didn't get a lens pen. Instead, got a kit from CP that has a huge blower, cloth, lintfree paper and some cleaning solution.

i poured the cleaning solution on my UV filter then used the paper to clean it off... but instead, it seems i scratched off the coating for the filter. then got this "screeching" feeling, as if scratching my nails against the blackboard.

anyone care to advise? thanks.
    u shouldn't pour the soln directly onto the filter. u should instead drop 2 to 3 drops of soln onto the lintfree paper.

btw, use the blower to blow away any dirt on the filter first. then gently, in small circular motions, wipe and polish the lens surface. the soln should quickly evaporate away once u wipe the surface.

filters with coating are difficult to clean, thus the "screeching" feeling. never use too much pressure to clean.