Thread: Kenya

Default Kenya

Hi,

Just wondering... Anyone done a photo safari in Kenya before? Masai Mara etc.

Wanted to find out what to expect in terms of costing, when to go, which tour agencies to go with, etc., and anything else that's related...

Thanks.

Last edited by rncw; 29th October 2003 at 10:05 AM.

Ok ok... rephrase... anyone interested to do a Kenya safari?

I looked at the two websites. The second one in particular, I doubt you will get a lot of time to shoot but will spend more time travelling between places...

Hope you don't mind me adding me 0.02 cents worth here...

As I wld imagine that perhaps the main thing you want to do during the safari is take photos of the animals, you shld consider the size of the group you are travelling with. I understand that some of the cheaper operators pack their vehicles to max capacity - which means that when an animal is spotted, not everyone will have quick & convenient access to a window which faces that direction. Also, the larger the group, the more "movement" there will be inside the vehicle when everyone rushes to the side of the vehicle where the animals are, resulting in camera shake. Bring a small beanbag which you can use to steady your camera on the vehicle roof/window sill.

Generally, IMHO, Tanzania has a higher density of animals than Kenya, perhaps because the latter is more touristed, but if you can spare the time and $$, try to include Ngorongoro Crater. In Kenya, also try to visit Lake Manayara which has millions of flamingoes!

Enjoy!