Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keep an eye on domestic helper (Merged thread)

Default Re: Another Maid abuse child case in singapore......

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Errr..I believed this one not in sg lor..
    err.... videographer cannot stop the abuse or call the police? or is the videographer keen to continue to shoot!!??

Default Re: Keep an eye on domestic helper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlang View Post
    Yes, that happens in some childcare centers. But of course, there are others who serve good portions of food to the kids.

Larger establishments do not mean better or bigger portions of food. Some HDB childcare centers are good.

All childcare centers have a trial period whereby the parents can accompany their children for a few days and then decide if they want to continue their chilren in the center.

There are many other things to look out for besides the menu.
    I'm more concerned with the quality of nutrition (not just the portion). I'd presume that the better establishments would take more consideration in general to the various aspects of childcare including the nutrition.

I'd not forget that day when one of the girls (upper primary) looked at me and asked for more. She had the SAME portion as a P1 boy.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    sorry to all...

these are just in case your "precious" has a bigger appetite? not everyone eats same amount...

parents personally bringing up kids is the gold standard. there is a limit to this "outsource" mindset, responsiblility is key, unless dun mind when old send to old folks home (sorry mum & dad, i got no time )...
    Agree, being a responsible parent is very important. If you hire a maid and end up that the maid becomes the SOLE child care provider, its very sad. I know of parents who both worked and hires a maid for household chores and child care. But end of the day, they are both home everyday to play, bond, take care of their children...i believe that is still fine.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

sometimes cannot just see the bigger establishments as a sign of trust- just look at banks going bust... agak the idea is there.

in the end the child/ren belongs to the parents, in reality i agree most do not have the luxury to be with their 'little 1s' most of the time. but with each choice made, there is a certain level homework done to access the tradeoffs.

more so for little 1s who have yet muster how to articulate goings on athome into words, for those households with maids, having CCTVs installed is a safety net to keep an eye on stuff at home, but beyond the house (crossing roads can be dangerous...)...
    have u seen the "light" yet?

he maybe to addicted to video it down then when everything over then call police haha
    he should throw his dv cam over to stop the violent haha just kidding

lucky most of the maid among my relative is not like that

Ya...if not kena bang by cyclists coming from the left. Tch Tch...
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

eat. drink. shoot

Default Re: Keep an eye on domestic helper (Merged thread)

My heart goes out to the child who was abused ... irregardless how 'playful' a child may be, he/she doesn't deserve that, not at all! The domestic help ought to be severly punished as this has unnecessarily portrayed an inaccurate impression that all/most domestic help cannot be trusted to look after our young ones ...

By the same token, employers who abuse their domestic help should also be severly punished ... two wrongs do not make a right!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    err.... videographer cannot stop the abuse or call the police? or is the videographer keen to continue to shoot!!??
    how can this be a videographer? probably a hidden camera.

Default Re: Keep an eye on domestic helper (Merged thread)

last time before I had a child, when I read such cases I always condemn the maid as I can never understand how can someone do something like this.

Today, I have a 7 month old baby, I can empathise a bit with the maid. Weird huh? I find looking after a kid is really quite stressing, that is why u see all the post natal blues, etc. The parents have the natural love for their child so they can take an almost unreasonable amount of punishment. The grandparents has less love so they can take some punishment but not that much. As for maids, I see them being left alone with a baby and a young child everyday 5 days a week. That is enough to drive anyone crazy I feel.

Seriously, after a weekend (2 full days) with my baby, I always look forward to go back to work on monday. And I only spend 2 days with a single baby with my wife's help, ie 2 adults one baby. My mother in law looks after my baby single handedly for 3 days a week. my mom 2 days a week. Both of them cannot take it for more than that.

I will never let a maid look after my baby cuz I know it is very stressing. Grandparents if they stressed, they maybe complain, or cry (my MIL cried once because my baby just kept crying one afternoon) but they will never do anything bad to the kid.
    Last edited by alan24; 5th April 2009 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by o0darkn3ss0o View Post
    he maybe to addicted to video it down then when everything over then call police haha
    he should throw his dv cam over to stop the violent haha just kidding

lucky most of the maid among my relative is not like that
    Quote Originally Posted by third3rdwheel View Post
    how can this be a videographer? probably a hidden camera.
    It is most probably taken from a IP camera...
    nothing can the user/viewer can do rather than watch it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123