Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad Cyclist.

Default Re: Bad Cyclist.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    like that mah? i always cycle on road with the flow of traffic.

i see those week end cyclist with full gear and expensive bikes also cycle with the flow of traffic.

just read sammy's post, seems i am right about riding with the flow.

Very simple common sense but then alot of them are not from around here. And no I am not being bias or impatial The problem here is they bring their culture from where they come from and want to IMPOSE of them locally. I have heard remarks many thing where they say, where I come from this is not wrong and I don't see why i can not do it here. why can not share and do it here. There have been a lot of changes (for the worst in some cases) which was never occuring here culturally or at least not so often or can be tolerable. I shalt go into details as I think most know what I am talking about but just keep it inside whenever we witness it. But suffice to say there are lot of thigns wrong like with just cycling that is very very wrong and I am very troubled by it. And I know it is bad by one yardstick I always use to know, the situation is finally out of control. When I see even the westerners doing it. And me as a cyclist am worry as it reflect badly on us. And it does ...I have seen that change over the years...and even when I am being considerated I get that disgust look once in a while. And even maybe cars are now trying to intimidate you on the road as retaliation. Problem here is...if you don't learn to cycle well and not aware of your surrounding.. that little "road rage" might end up with you injured or dead!. There is not other outcome when a big object hit a small object. Small object always loses.

Now getting back to the topic...if anyone go to shool and learn some basic math and science will tell you that when two objects traveling at certain speed and collide from either direction into each other, the impact force is the combine speed of impact of both vehicle. If you are both travelling in about the same relative speed in the same direction, a car hitting you will only feel lilke a nudge sometime...( at about the same speed that is) now if the ar is travelling alot faster yes... even in the same direction you can get knocked off and die or get injured. But remember the reaction time is better then in a head on situation.

I have also seen another bad action some of those I-pedal-to-work-or-go-market-or-shop type casual cyclist... they riding on the left side but they see a bump, puddle of water, some hole or just something they feel they can't stand riding over it as it hurt their butt from the bumping..so they weaver out and around it... and 99% of the time..they never look back to see if there is a car!! I have seen at least 3-5 of these everytime from road to parks. Why take gamble like this? heheh...How many muscle in the neck do you need to use in order to turn and look before you do something like that or just simply RIDE OVER THE same object that will no nothing to hinder your ride except that you slow down, get off your seat for a while and stand on your pedals to ride over itl

Problem is.. most of us here will not do that. But you wanna guess who will be the one doing so? This is like as epidemic as the tissue chopping $hit. Problem with this one..it is not about losing a seat at a table to eat. Limbs or life can be lost. And the worst part as I see it...the kids are doing the "monkey see monkey do" routine too.

Ah... punishing cyclist by well...being physical is not the solution. Noth are in the wrong and the court will for certain take action on both. You just have to be aware of your surrounding when you ride or when you walk. It's a matter of practicing it till it becomes second nature...... like riding a bicycle...if you pardon my pun.
    Last edited by sammy888; 4th April 2009 at 10:24 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

Sorry dude, it is not a loophole - it has been there for ages, across many different countries. Such a sad case when someone tries to push his POV even when it is wrong or in ignorance. Double clap for you.

Since you feel nothing is wrong with dangerous and illegal cycling, just go ahead and tell the victim (and maybe his injured child) that cyclists own the road and they can't do squat.

I guess there are sometimes vested interests in trying to stifle discussion which brings up points that discourages dangerous cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

haiz... loopholes used by people who knows the law... such sad case... so everyone should go and aim cyclists now? since nothing wrong rite, just tell the judge that he is cycling, so you can just pin him to the ground... knowing the loophole is 1, advocating everyone to do so is another.
    Last edited by vince123123; 4th April 2009 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post

Ah... punishing cyclist by well...being physical is not the solution. Noth are in the wrong and the court will for certain take action on both. You just have to be aware of your surrounding when you ride or when you walk. It's a matter of practicing it till it becomes second nature...... like riding a bicycle...if you pardon my pun.
    "violence is the first refuge of the incompetent" -- asimov

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Sorry dude, it is not a loophole - it has been there for ages, across many different countries. Such a sad case when someone tries to push his POV even when it is wrong or in ignorance. Double clap for you.

Since you feel nothing is wrong with dangerous and illegal cycling, just go ahead and tell the victim (and maybe his injured child) that cyclists own the road and they can't do squat.

I guess there are sometimes vested interests in trying to stifle discussion which brings up points that discourages dangerous cycling.
    so i expect to see more news of dangerous cyclist being kicked off their path by vigilantes... namely vince123123, else NATO...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i always cycle according to the flow of traffic.
    but i make it a point to check my six o'clock most of the time, never know who might hit you from the back...

i even installed a wing mirror on the right side of the handle bar cause my neck too fat and stiff, very difficult to look back while riding a racer. looking straight ahead already gives me stiff neck liao.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    i even installed a wing mirror on the right side of the handle bar cause my neck too fat and stiff, very difficult to look back while riding a racer. looking straight ahead already gives me stiff neck liao.
    whoever bang into u have to check their eyesight...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Now my knee area got a blue-black. If it was a kid who got hit, he will suffer in his/her head. Inconsiderate cyclist, even they dont cherish their life, they never think for other.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

whoever bang into u have to check their eyesight...
    Still call urself a driver. Never heard of blind spot meh?

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Still call urself a driver. Never heard of blind spot meh?
    he too prominent to be ever in my blind spot...

vince123123
    Guests

Well if you want to be the first one to try, do make an appt with me, ride dangerously and then I'll knock you off to preserve my own safety.

You can then try to "tell the judge" as you suggest, but I think you'll probably be more caught up in trying to defend an action for riding dangerously Same NATO applies for you.

so i expect to see more news of dangerous cyclist being kicked off their path by vigilantes... namely vince123123, else NATO...

I am still lost, in what way is the cyclist riding dangerously with respect to crossing pedestrians?

Dangerous for herself to go against traffic, but dangerous to crossing pedestrians? How so?

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    I am still lost, in what way is the cyclist riding dangerously with respect to crossing pedestrians?

Dangerous for herself to go against traffic, but dangerous to crossing pedestrians? How so?
    apparently, the pedestrians only got tunnel vision.. only can see and hear cars from the right, if they are coming this way, they will not bother to see the ninja cyclist coming from the left..

the ninja cyclist also cycle very fast, come out from thin air one..

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    apparently, the pedestrians only got tunnel vision.. only can see and hear cars from the right, if they are coming this way, they will not bother to see the ninja cyclist coming from the left..

the ninja cyclist also cycle very fast, come out from thin air one..
    Still, if don't check left and right before crossing...

Even if at one way lane, I instinctively check left and right...

Why I got hit.

Cause the cyclist coming from my 6 to 8 o clock direction and my view only can see 10 to 3-4 direction. Obvious there is a 8 to 10 spot which I can't see and so, she hit me when I made my move.

Should have grab hold of her, call police, made her pay for it.

Why I got hit.

Cause the cyclist coming from my 6 to 8 o clock direction and my view only can see 10 to 3-4 direction. Obvious there is a 8 to 10 spot which I can't see and so, she hit me when I made my move.

get vince123123's contact lor... no need call police cos he is 1 man law enforcing superman.

Why I got hit.

Policeman would only ask you to be careful when walk across the road, and ask her to be careful and riding on the road. Don't expect much else.

vince123123
    Guests

Why not get your contact? You're the 1 man gangster criminal all on your own

get vince123123's contact lor... no need call police cos he is 1 man law enforcing superman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123