Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software to directly capture from camera.

Default Re: Software to directly capture from camera.

Any more controls and functions, I reckoned u'll need the wireless transmitter, WFT-E2/3/4.

WFT-E3 supports 40D, think WFT-E2 supports 1DMk2 while WFT-E4 supports 5D? However no one transmitter can serve all ur 3 cams though.

Live-view mode viewing, camera settings (shutter speed, aperture, WB), etc can be done via the PC onto the camera.

Good thing is that it's wireless, no need to meddle with long strands of USB/FW cables.

Hi, I was hoping if I could get Capture One to detect my camera to shoot directly with it, without the use of EOS Utility. Is that possible? I've seen articles on the net saying that they have support for my cameras, but does that mean only RAW support? or it does support thethered shooting on my camera? Couldn't find a list of camera the software supports though.

Quote Originally Posted by lordpain View Post
    Hi, I was hoping if I could get Capture One to detect my camera to shoot directly with it, without the use of EOS Utility. Is that possible? I've seen articles on the net saying that they have support for my cameras, but does that mean only RAW support? or it does support thethered shooting on my camera? Couldn't find a list of camera the software supports though.
    Pro or LE?

If you do a little research on the Phase one site (since you have a question about phase one software, makes the most sense to look there, right?) you'll see there's different versions of the software.

So, we go back: If, in your first post, you would have said that you are trying to get Capture one to work with your Canon 40D, 5D and 1DMkii, you would have had an answer muuuuuuuuch faster.
    Alpha

Here's a hint: If you go to the phase one site, and in the search box enter "canon", one of the first search results is:

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Soft...leSupport.aspx
    Alpha

Thanks Rashkae for the info, i take back my comments about people being insincere. I have actually tried hooking up my 5d using USB and 1dmk2 using USB and FW, but to no avail. My Capture One doesn't detect the camera at all. What settings must I put? PC Connection or PTP? Also to add on EOS Ultility does detect my cameras though and I am using Capture One Pro

Thanks Rashkae for the info, i take back my comments about people being insincere. I have actually tried hooking up my 5d using USB and 1dmk2 using USB and FW, but to no avail. My Capture One doesn't detect the camera at all. What settings must I put? PC Connection or PTP? Also to add on EOS Ultility does detect my cameras though and I am using Capture One Pro
    Did you make sure to select your camera from the Camera window drop-down? There's manuals in the software and online:
    http://www.phaseone.com/upload/captu...09_low-res.pdf

Otherwise it may help to contact Phase1 support, since that's what you're entitled to when you bought the software.
    Alpha

Have you installed the driver of your camera? I have no issue with EOS utility since the day I have my 10D until today with my 1D3. FW/USB both works with no issue.

Hi, lighting, I'm sure I have installed the driver. In EOS Utlilty, I am able to hook up my cameras, but I am unable to so in Capture One. Maybe I should drop them an email. I thought that if I post here, it would be faster.

Blog Entries

IS the capture one software updated in its version to recognized the cameras?

Could be that.

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Yes, but he doesn't want to use the Canon software. He wants to use capture one pro.
    Alpha

Hi, lighting, I'm sure I have installed the driver. In EOS Utlilty, I am able to hook up my cameras, but I am unable to so in Capture One. Maybe I should drop them an email. I thought that if I post here, it would be faster.
    What version of capture one are you using?
    Alpha

Hi guys, I am using the Pro version of Capture One. I have been meddling the whole day while I'm at version 4.1. I actually checked the website, and they said they have supported tethered shooting for canons since 3.7 I guess. But apparently it was the software at fault. After I have updated to the latest version, I was able to connect my cameras. Its wierd, but I guess I solved my problems. Thanks guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12