Thread: What do management trainees do?

Default What do management trainees do?

How long is the training usually and what kind of renumeration and benefits are to be expected for a degree grad?

Thanks!
    www.kelvinseet.com
    See the world through my eyes

management trainee usually spends 3-6mths in a department before being transferred to another department within the company. this cycle continues till the HR Manager feels that the trainee is oriented enough to be attached to a particular department for about a year or so.

the salary depends on which industry you go to. so do the working hours. salary for a fresh local grad with bachelor's degree prob. fetch about $1800 to $2200. with honours will be slightly higher pay.

nowadays, most MNC's only give contract employment. so your term prob ends in 6mths to a year. after that, if you're ok, then they will keep renewing your contracts.

there aren't benefits for contract staff --- not usually. no medical, no dental, no holiday chalets and stuff. usually 14 days leave and 12 days MC.

maybe if you state which industries you're interested in, then pple in CS may tell you more info.

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by JermsDayOut
    management trainee usually spends 3-6mths in a department before being transferred to another department within the company. this cycle continues till the HR Manager feels that the trainee is oriented enough to be attached to a particular department for about a year or so.

the salary depends on which industry you go to. so do the working hours. salary for a fresh local grad with bachelor's degree prob. fetch about $1800 to $2200. with honours will be slightly higher pay.

nowadays, most MNC's only give contract employment. so your term prob ends in 6mths to a year. after that, if you're ok, then they will keep renewing your contracts.

there aren't benefits for contract staff --- not usually. no medical, no dental, no holiday chalets and stuff. usually 14 days leave and 12 days MC.

maybe if you state which industries you're interested in, then pple in CS may tell you more info.

hope this helps
    hmm thanks! I have the concept from your reply. I appreciate it! Thanks!!
    www.kelvinseet.com
    See the world through my eyes