Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: some question to ask

  1. #21

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by chuaboonkiat View Post
    i goggle search it, but the explanation is complicating.
    my question is,
    i doing event shot on Thursday. but i dont hav external flash, is it ok wif it?
    wat is the best shutter speed for event shot? its a speech day in the hall. i want to capture the performance on the stage. so whats is the best shutter speed and ISO setting? (note i dun want to use flash)

    thanks
    simplest solution is ask around the forums if got anyone willing to help you cover the shoot hopefully for free.

    I certainly dont mind doing a free one once a while since its for school and big bonus is get to play with my K20D hahahaha.

    shutter depends how fast the person is moving and iso depends on how bright the area is. best is to be around during the rehearsals to know the timing.
    Last edited by Reportage; 3rd April 2009 at 03:02 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  2. #22
    Member chuaboonkiat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore, tiong bahru estate
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: some question to ask

    dennisc have told me wat to do. thanks alot guys.
    Nikon D60 Multiply Bukit Merah Secondary School

  3. #23
    Member agws1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North East Singapore
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by chuaboonkiat View Post
    i goggle search it, but the explanation is complicating.
    my question is,
    i doing event shot on Thursday. but i dont hav external flash, is it ok wif it?
    wat is the best shutter speed for event shot? its a speech day in the hall. i want to capture the performance on the stage. so whats is the best shutter speed and ISO setting? (note i dun want to use flash)

    thanks
    Hey,
    you don't want to use flash or want to but don't have? Quite tough to use w/o flash. Even borrowing an old manual flash from a friend is better than no flash.

  4. #24
    Member chuaboonkiat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore, tiong bahru estate
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by agws1970 View Post
    Hey,
    you don't want to use flash or want to but don't have? Quite tough to use w/o flash. Even borrowing an old manual flash from a friend is better than no flash.
    i dont have a external flash. i oso dun want to use the built-in flash waste battery
    Nikon D60 Multiply Bukit Merah Secondary School

  5. #25

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by chuaboonkiat View Post
    i dont have a external flash. i oso dun want to use the built-in flash waste battery
    This is the first time I hear conservation of batteries taking priority over the shoot itself.

    Is there a photography club in your school?

    Do they have other people covering the event, otherwise, are they willing to lend you compatible gear so that you are not limited by your kit lens?

  6. #26
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by chuaboonkiat View Post
    i dont have a external flash. i oso dun want to use the built-in flash waste battery
    So underexposed and blur pictures are worth more than at least a decent foreground exposure with built-in flash? Think again.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Since you have limited resources, just do your best on whatever you have. Make sure proper composition.

  8. #28

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Other shots juz use F10... this setting should be quite comfortable....
    Huh?! f/10? You're not gonna get much with that aperture. Unless it's an daytime outdoor event with plenty of sunlight.

    Even if it's possible, what do you hope to acheive with f/10? DOF? I believe even f/5.6 is more than sufficient in most instances.

  9. #29
    Member chuaboonkiat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore, tiong bahru estate
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    This is the first time I hear conservation of batteries taking priority over the shoot itself.

    Is there a photography club in your school?

    Do they have other people covering the event, otherwise, are they willing to lend you compatible gear so that you are not limited by your kit lens?
    you see, i onli have one nikon battery. if i use flash for every photo i take, in the middle of the event the battery will run out.
    Nikon D60 Multiply Bukit Merah Secondary School

  10. #30

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by chuaboonkiat View Post
    you see, i onli have one nikon battery. if i use flash for every photo i take, in the middle of the event the battery will run out.
    Then i have to be harsh and say your current equipment doesn't allow you to do the session properly. You either have to

    1) Go to the rehearsal and plan which shots you really have to take, thus conserving your batt.

    2) Source out extra equip- faster lenses, extra batteries

    3) Pump up the ISO and hopes the noise doesn't spoil the photo.

  11. #31

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Hi bro boon kiat ( i suppose)
    Also a sec 3 student.
    Have a extra batt and lens willing to lend you.
    PM me if you want but i can only lend for half a day is that enough?

  12. #32

    Default Re: some question to ask

    argh. 15yrs old with a d300..

  13. #33

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by savager View Post
    argh. 15yrs old with a d300..
    The older you get, the simpler your gear should be:

    10 year olds with d700
    5 year olds with d3.

    Also means:

    20 year olds with d90
    25 year olds with d40
    30 year olds with p&s
    35 years old with cardboard box with a hole as body and jamjars as lens...

  14. #34

    Default Re: some question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by AMediaLuz View Post
    The older you get, the simpler your gear should be:

    10 year olds with d700
    5 year olds with d3.

    Also means:

    20 year olds with d90
    25 year olds with d40
    30 year olds with p&s
    35 years old with cardboard box with a hole as body and jamjars as lens...
    haha.. most probably because your bacon goes to the bigger toys like sideskirts..spoilers..bigger rims etc etc..

  15. #35
    Member chuaboonkiat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore, tiong bahru estate
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: some question to ask

    finish the event shot, the shot is still ok.

    thread close
    Nikon D60 Multiply Bukit Merah Secondary School

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •