Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 156

Thread: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

  1. #121
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    how much u offer?

    i dun mind dereg u for free... minimum charges of US100,000 for deregistering a member... some joker offered this to me to dereg him...
    i was talking about the bounty on your head
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    i was talking about the bounty on your head
    oh that head... sorry to arouse you... but that bounty are from the ladies...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #123
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    oh that head... sorry to arouse you... but that bounty are from the ladies...
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  4. #124

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I have work with models (Singaporeans) before and sorry to say but (especially when they think they are popular) 60% of them are so UNPROFESSIONAL about their work ethics.

    They don't really care if they miss a shoot as to them, it's the photographers which are hungry for them as they(the models) are not really paid that well in the first place for this organised photoshoots on CS.

    I can share a few experience with you all on how models behave and I do blacklist them (some of them are supermodels). I was organising a shoot for a client of mine and they asked me to look for 2 models to fit into their theme. So as usual, calling some models via my network. Many came for the audition and my client narrow down to 2 models out of the 30 that came for it. We shortlisted another 2 more just in case something happen to the first 2.

    It took a good 3 weeks to organise with the 2 models and my client for the actual photoshoot. Oh yeah my client WAS going to pay them SGD$1000 each for 6 hours work which was a good market rate. At the very last hour, the 2 MODELS did not turn up at all, mobiles were switch off and there was no way to contact them at all.

    So obviously my client was not a happy man as he had to cancel his overseas trip just for this shoot. Thank god we were smart enough to shortlisted the other 2 models which happen to be free on that particular day. So shoot went on and finish off with a smile on my client's face. He was happy this 2 models were very professional and had great work ethics. The results came out better than expected and he decided to reward them with an additional $200 on top of the $1000 her was paying them.

    The very next day, the 2 models called me and told me some super lame excuse telling me there was an emergency at their home (obviously it was not as they were partying the whole night before with my friends until 5am). I told them I will never engage them and have them blacklisted for my future clients.

    As usual life goes on for me as another client of mine decided to engage me for a photoshoot for their fashion labels. So they showed me the models which they shortlisted and guess what? It was the 2 models they AEROPLANE me and my previous client. So this client of mine asked me what I think about this 2 models. Obviously I was very frank and told them that about the incident that happened. This client of mine was more fussy than the last one.

    So he called them up and told them nicely that he was not engaging them anymore as they were blacklisted by me. The 2 models called me and just blasted away with all the vulgar language. The best part was telling them this job went to the 2 model who came to my rescue on my last shoot. To top up the icing on the cake, I mentioned to them my current client will be paying them (the models who came to my rescue) $2,500 per person for the 2 days shoot.

    Sounds evil but that's the way to handle some of this brainless bimbos.....
    I like this. Bad attitue models always lose out.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  5. #125

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melody-Love View Post
    SHOOT IS CANCELLED.
    BECAUSE:

    A few days ago... a sms appeared on my handphone from SINDY:
    " Esther, im extremely sorry. i dont think i'd be able to do the shoots cos i promised jurgen that i'd be modelling for him"

    I dont know who is jurgen and i dont know why promising him a shoot would have anything to do with mine.

    I tried contacting her for a couple of days but to no avail. No replies and no pickup of calls.

    Then this morning:
    "Sorry babe, the reason why i couldn't make it is due to one reason. my examination schedule is out and it falls on monday 20th april. And hence, i would have to make full use of my weekends to pull up my socks. I can prove it to you if you are interested. My deepest apologies babe. Nights."
    I did meet with the 2 models and approached them for shoots one month ago. You already know that they would be doing my shoots on e 11th and Star Angel's shoot on e 25th but you still organised the same shoot identical to mine on e 18th and somemore posted much earlier then mine. The models got no choice but to cancel or postpone your shoots which they had already have commited to mine long ago. I told Sindy that she still can do your 18th shoots but she really got exams on e 20th april. The models are responsible enough to tell you 2 weeks in advance that they can't do your shoots. Its not that they pull out and MIA from your shoots a few days before e shoot or during e shoot day itself.

    The models might not understand the competition that we are facing sometimes so I can't blame them too. But you as an organiser, you should know this thing and why did you even bother to organise a shoot on e 18th which u already know she got shoots on e 11th and 25th. Are you trying to tell me you want those photographers who orginally want to shoot her either on e 11th or 25th to come to your 18th shoot instead? You are trying to create an even more fierce competition among the organisers. Yes, we are rivals but do you really want to make things harder and fight among ourselves? Star Angel knows that I'm organising her shoot on 11th so she organise e shoot 2 wks later so at least our shoot won't affect each other. Fyi, some of the photographers who previously came for my shoots in feb and mar already know what plans I have in late mar and apr. So they can be the witnesses to my advance shoots plans and who i'm using.

    So now by creating this thread you want people to think I snatch your models? You are the one snatching people's models. Or you want people to think e models aeroplane you? You should know who's e other parties involve. I don't want to give anymore names and involve the rest of the people. But you are the one who started this and want people to pity you? You want to start this thread to make yourself the Angel, me and the models the Devils to spolit our reputation?

  6. #126
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    I did meet with the 2 models and approached them for shoots one month ago. You already know that they would be doing my shoots on e 11th and Star Angel's shoot on e 25th but you still organised the same shoot identical to mine on e 18th and somemore posted much earlier then mine. The models got no choice but to cancel or postpone your shoots which they had already have commited to mine long ago. I told Sindy that she still can do your 18th shoots but she really got exams on e 20th april. The models are responsible enough to tell you 2 weeks in advance that they can't do your shoots. Its not that they pull out and MIA from your shoots a few days before e shoot or during e shoot day itself.

    The models might not understand the competition that we are facing sometimes so I can't blame them too. But you as an organiser, you should know this thing and why did you even bother to organise a shoot on e 18th which u already know she got shoots on e 11th and 25th. Are you trying to tell me you want those photographers who orginally want to shoot her either on e 11th or 25th to come to your 18th shoot instead? You are trying to create an even more fierce competition among the organisers. Yes, we are rivals but do you really want to make things harder and fight among ourselves? Star Angel knows that I'm organising her shoot on 11th so she organise e shoot 2 wks later so at least our shoot won't affect each other. Fyi, some of the photographers who previously came for my shoots in feb and mar already know what plans I have in late mar and apr. So they can be the witnesses to my advance shoots plans and who i'm using.

    So now by creating this thread you want people to think I snatch your models? You are the one snatching people's models. Or you want people to think e models aeroplane you? You should know who's e other parties involve. I don't want to give anymore names and involve the rest of the people. But you are the one who started this and want people to pity you? You want to start this thread to make yourself the Angel, me and the models the Devils to spolit our reputation?
    the soup thickens. just wondering though venom what took u so long to respond to this? something was the final straw?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  7. #127

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    My replies in RED.


    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    I did meet with the 2 models and approached them for shoots one month ago. You already know that they would be doing my shoots on e 11th and Star Angel's shoot on e 25th but you still organised the same shoot identical to mine on e 18th and somemore posted much earlier then mine.

    When i was planning the 18th shoot, i asked Sindy if she has any models to introduce. I didn't ask her to do it. But i think i did ask (with not much hope because she said before she dont do lingerie shoots) whether she was able to do it for me. After some chatting she says she can help me do the shoot (as a favour for a friend). I HAD NO IDEA THAT SHE HAD ALREADY AGREE TO DO THE SHOOT FOR YOU, because she told me that she dont do lingerie shoots at all.

    The models got no choice but to cancel or postpone your shoots which they had already have commited to mine long ago. I told Sindy that she still can do your 18th shoots but she really got exams on e 20th april. The models are responsible enough to tell you 2 weeks in advance that they can't do your shoots. Its not that they pull out and MIA from your shoots a few days before e shoot or during e shoot day itself.

    I was upset about the unclear explanation and being unable to contact her. I dont understand why there was two different reason. And i dont know that JURGEN is you, so i wonder why would a single photographer have anything to do with my shoot.

    The models might not understand the competition that we are facing sometimes so I can't blame them too. But you as an organiser, you should know this thing and why did you even bother to organise a shoot on e 18th which u already know she got shoots on e 11th and 25th.


    As i said, i didn't know about her other organised shoots. It wasn't published and i wasn't told. I dont have her schedule -.- Alot of photographers who know me also know that i dont like to organise shoots for models who are frequently used almost every week. A week ago i put up a thread organised for Celestina because she was telling me she's going to stop shooting already and she has been asking if i had jobs for her sometime back. If you asked her, you would know my first reaction when she mentioned she had alot of groupshoots this month (almost every week). My reaction was "HUH..." , because i know it'll affect everyone, including my own slots. But i couldn't tell her "erm, i dont want to organise for you anymore liao because i dont want to compete with the others" right? And so i carried on.

    Are you trying to tell me you want those photographers who orginally want to shoot her either on e 11th or 25th to come to your 18th shoot instead? You are trying to create an even more fierce competition among the organisers. Yes, we are rivals but do you really want to make things harder and fight among ourselves? Star Angel knows that I'm organising her shoot on 11th so she organise e shoot 2 wks later so at least our shoot won't affect each other. Fyi, some of the photographers who previously came for my shoots in feb and mar already know what plans I have in late mar and apr. So they can be the witnesses to my advance shoots plans and who i'm using.

    So now by creating this thread you want people to think I snatch your models? You are the one snatching people's models. Or you want people to think e models aeroplane you? You should know who's e other parties involve. I don't want to give anymore names and involve the rest of the people. But you are the one who started this and want people to pity you? You want to start this thread to make yourself the Angel, me and the models the Devils to spolit our reputation?

    As i previously mentioned, I DONT KNOW WHO IS JURGEN until someone mentioned. So how would my motive be making people think that you are snatching my models? Please make things clear before excusing me of everything you THINK im doing. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Melody-Love; 4th April 2009 at 09:55 AM.

  8. #128

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Seems like a bit of he said she said here. However, we are flinging mud at the wrong places.

    First of all, does Melody-love knew the model had already committed to Vernon81? If so, the question is, why did she try to organize a shoot that conflicted with those dates.

    If Melody-love was not aware of those shoots, then, why did the model double booked?

    If Vernon81 did in fact booked the model earlier for those dates, then, was Melody-love trying to pull a fast one against Vernon81, but if she did, why complain here on CS, does not make sense as the truth will come out sooner or later.

    If Melody-love did not try to pull a fast one on Vernon81, the only person who was aware of the 2 shoots was the model, then why did she double book.

    Unless Vernon81 can show proofs that Melody-love still booked Sindy on the date that Sindy had already committed to him, then I believe he owes Melody-love an apology. On the flip side, if Melody-love tried to pull a fast one and steal Sindy for her shoot, she owes everyone an apology. If both organizers were acting on good faith, then Sindy needs has some explaining to do.
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 4th April 2009 at 10:14 AM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  9. #129

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Cos you start the Alphabet what!

    How about saying it as it is:

    O = Olivia
    A = ??
    F = ??
    X = ??
    My apology but I really had enough of organising shoots so why not just add these 2 to the list.

    The incident which happened on the 28th March 2009.

    It was only close to 8am on a Saturday morning of Babe Watch 4 when I received an sms from both of them stating that they would not be able to make it. Reasons:
    Debbie: "I won't be able to make it as I have a bad sorethroat."
    Felicia: "Sorry but I won't be able to make it as I have a fever."

    Are these excuses when I tried to call to demand them to turn up but none picked up the phone after repeated calls. Their phone was still on.

    To further add on, after the thread created by CS bros, demanding me for an answer, I requested them if they have any form of proof to show that they are sick or whatsoever, they have already disappeared into the thin air.

    I have already wrote my personal feedback about them in another forum.

    Enough said.

  10. #130
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by alinkinyourlife View Post
    My apology but I really had enough of organising shoots so why not just add these 2 to the list.

    The incident which happened on the 28th March 2009.

    It was only close to 8am on a Saturday morning of Babe Watch 4 when I received an sms from both of them stating that they would not be able to make it. Reasons:
    Debbie: "I won't be able to make it as I have a bad sorethroat."
    Felicia: "Sorry but I won't be able to make it as I have a fever."

    Are these excuses when I tried to call to demand them to turn up but none picked up the phone after repeated calls. Their phone was still on.

    To further add on, after the thread created by CS bros, demanding me for an answer, I requested them if they have any form of proof to show that they are sick or whatsoever, they have already disappeared into the thin air.

    I have already wrote my personal feedback about them in another forum.

    Enough said.
    good that you've spoken up.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  11. #131
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by alinkinyourlife View Post
    My apology but I really had enough of organising shoots so why not just add these 2 to the list.

    The incident which happened on the 28th March 2009.

    It was only close to 8am on a Saturday morning of Babe Watch 4 when I received an sms from both of them stating that they would not be able to make it. Reasons:
    Debbie: "I won't be able to make it as I have a bad sorethroat."
    Felicia: "Sorry but I won't be able to make it as I have a fever."

    Are these excuses when I tried to call to demand them to turn up but none picked up the phone after repeated calls. Their phone was still on.

    To further add on, after the thread created by CS bros, demanding me for an answer, I requested them if they have any form of proof to show that they are sick or whatsoever, they have already disappeared into the thin air.

    I have already wrote my personal feedback about them in another forum.

    Enough said.

    I commend and applaud the actions you have taken to mitigate the simmer down the situation as things have been getting a quite heated in here.

    But one thing puzzles me is this:
    Being air stewardesses, their flight allowances definitely are more than what they get from photo shoots. And more so since if, and this is a very big if, they do long hauls. So my question, which still lingers in my mind is why do a photoshoot?

  12. #132
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    I commend and applaud the actions you have taken to mitigate the simmer down the situation as things have been getting a quite heated in here.

    But one thing puzzles me is this:
    Being air stewardesses, their flight allowances definitely are more than what they get from photo shoots. And more so since if, and this is a very big if, they do long hauls. So my question, which still lingers in my mind is why do a photoshoot?
    2 words: money and attention.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  13. #133
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    2 words: money and attention.

    well...attention yeah maybe...

    But money...dun really think that will be the case if they fly 1) international airlines and 2) if they do long haul.

    I mean after all, based on what my friend tells me as she works as one, allowances are quite substantial.

    So this really something which I cannot get.

  14. #134

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    well...attention yeah maybe...

    But money...dun really think that will be the case if they fly 1) international airlines and 2) if they do long haul.

    I mean after all, based on what my friend tells me as she works as one, allowances are quite substantial.

    So this really something which I cannot get.
    U know, some are really very easily contented when it comes to money. But more than often, that's not the case. Money in many's eyes are never enuf. Hence there is a market for the two IRs....

    I believe your friend belongs to the first mentioned....

  15. #135

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    But one thing puzzles me is this:
    Being air stewardesses, their flight allowances definitely are more than what they get from photo shoots. And more so since if, and this is a very big if, they do long hauls. So my question, which still lingers in my mind is why do a photoshoot?
    You want some answers?.... buy tomorrow The Sunday Times
    always the Light, .... always.

  16. #136
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    You want some answers?.... buy tomorrow The Sunday Times

    Subscribe leowz...home delivery...so hot off the press.


    But in all seriousness...when I read the headlines..."models willing to shoot for less or no money", it bothers me. With the influx of so many budget shoots, it was only a matter of time that this gets publicised in more ways than one.

    Granted, some shoots cost more...like Ivan's which I attend a lot, but at least Ivan is there to guide and offer advise. For that I believe it is actually worth the money spent.

    But given with what has been going on so far, and even now, organisers vs organisers, I really cannot help but think about what Charby and Ejun said in this thread. The answer is basically there.

  17. #137
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    You want some answers?.... buy tomorrow The Sunday Times
    eh i can't find the coming attraction le...what page?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  18. #138

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    2 words: money and attention.
    Eh, how about Budget Airline?

  19. #139
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Eh, how about Budget Airline?
    quantity over long run to make money
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  20. #140

    Default Re: THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    Subscribe leowz...home delivery...so hot off the press.


    But in all seriousness...when I read the headlines..."models willing to shoot for less or no money", it bothers me. With the influx of so many budget shoots, it was only a matter of time that this gets publicised in more ways than one.

    Granted, some shoots cost more...like Ivan's which I attend a lot, but at least Ivan is there to guide and offer advise. For that I believe it is actually worth the money spent.

    But given with what has been going on so far, and even now, organisers vs organisers, I really cannot help but think about what Charby and Ejun said in this thread. The answer is basically there.

    Hang on, are we talking about professional Cat A fasion, editorial and runway models contracted to bona fide modelling agencies, with catwalk, posing, deportment and some basic make-up training through structured courses as well as professional Cat B and C show and event models/talents, also having gone through the above?

    Or is any and all XMM, ah lian and ah soh wannabie lumped together under the misnomer?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •