Thread: Flickr photo data

Question Flickr photo data

When i view the photos i uploaded to flickr, i see it is able to tell what lens i used to capture them. However when i inspect the local files in my disk, there appears to be no EXIF data that matches up with that.

How does flickr grab this data? Or is it inferred by their web application?

Default Re: Flickr photo data

right click your files

select PROPERTIES

then go to details, should have one big long list

btw, i not sure if they can tell what lens you used, maybe focal length used, but probably not what lens was used?

lens data are not shown on my photo files. But they show up on flickr.

Flickr shows more information than the properties page ... strange? I can even see the camera serial number on Flickr but not on the properties page.

Quote Originally Posted by speedlight View Post
    I can even see the camera serial number on Flickr but not on the properties page.
    I can see my camera serial in my photo files, but not lens data.

If using DPP software to edit then post, it shows everything including serials and lens used.
    If using Photoshop then post, it will only show the focal length.
    Loslos...

I neither use DPP nor Photoshop to edit the photos before uploading; merely uploaded as-is from memory card.

When i use ACDSee, or just Windows Explorer file property viewer, I cannot locate those data.

When I import them to Lightroom, Lightroom can detect which pictures are taken with which lens. Most probably the data is embedded but cannot be seen with just looking at the properties/detail of the files.

In my days of capturing Raw pics, the Lens data is clearly there in DPP's Info dialog. However when transferring to Photoshop as TIFF now, that detail is lost.

Why lose it? I'm cannot understand...

Those of you using Firefox, what software you use to see Exif info? Firefox latest update caused me to loose seeing Exif info. Sorry, if this was asked before as I couldn't find the answers.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Those of you using Firefox, what software you use to see Exif info? Firefox latest update caused me to loose seeing Exif info. Sorry, if this was asked before as I couldn't find the answers.

../azul123
    exif viewer 1.51

Quote Originally Posted by speedlight View Post
    Flickr shows more information than the properties page ... strange? I can even see the camera serial number on Flickr but not on the properties page.

IIRC.... Flickr display your camera serial number so that if someone was to use your photo and claim as their own.... there's proof that the photo was shot on your camera.... or something like that

Scuba & Father... For Life

Any idea how to carry over the lens data when transferring from DPP to Photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    exif viewer 1.51
    Thanks, but I got error "Incompatible Extension" Exif Viewer 1.51 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.

../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 23rd February 2010 at 12:34 PM.