Thread: Printing 1 Picture with Multiple Paper

Default Printing 1 Picture with Multiple Paper

Hi All,

Does anyone know how any software that can print 1 photo (single file) in 2 X 2 (= 4 paper) then can join the printed photo to become a single photo? It is like puzzle. It's because normal printer (mine only up to A4 size ) cannot print on any larger than A4 size paper.

Just wish to have larger printed images.

Please advice.

Thank you.
    Last edited by hlkho; 1st April 2009 at 11:19 PM.

Default Re: Printing 1 Picture with Multiple Paper

Quote Originally Posted by hlkho View Post
    Hi All,

Does anyone know how any software that can print 1 photo (single file) in 2 X 2 (= 4 paper) then can join the printed photo to become a single photo? It is like puzzle. It's because normal printer (mine only up to A4 size ) cannot print on any larger than A4 size paper.

Just wish to have larger printed images.

Please advice.

Thank you.
    Go to photoshop, crop into 4 seperate images, then print lor. Dun scale. Juz trim the excess border off.

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Go to photoshop, crop into 4 seperate images, then print lor. Dun scale. Juz trim the excess border off.
    hi bro....im not familiar wth photoshop leh....crop manually? is it accurate in this way? or is there any method that's easier n accurate? please advice.

Quote Originally Posted by hlkho View Post
    hi bro....im not familiar wth photoshop leh....crop manually? is it accurate in this way? or is there any method that's easier n accurate? please advice.
    Display the ruler tool and use the ruler to guide u.

Otherwise, jus go for large format print. It will look much better than scotch taping 4 pieces of A4s.

my canon printer has a poster size setting where i can specify A4 as the paper size and than select 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4 settings. using 2x2 in setting, i can see the top left quadrant of my photo will be printed in print preview so i assume 4 pcs of A4 will be printed for you to trim and join manually.

do note that i didn't proceed with the actual printing. i use xnview to preview the photo and launch the printer.

hope this will help you.

Blog Entries

make your document/image the size of 4 pages that you want

then in the print dialog box, select tile (depends on the application that you are using)
    normally DTP software will have this option.

have fun!

Creating multi-sheet posters from single image: Power print

Poster images can be printed directly or saved into multiple image files.

Try The Rasterbator

No it's not obscene.

"The Rasterbator creates huge, rasterized images from any picture. Upload an image, print the resulting multi-page pdf file and assemble the pages into extremely cool looking poster up to 20 meters in size."

Quote Originally Posted by superbeng View Post
    Try The Rasterbator

No it's not obscene.

"The Rasterbator creates huge, rasterized images from any picture. Upload an image, print the resulting multi-page pdf file and assemble the pages into extremely cool looking poster up to 20 meters in size."
    You beat me to it .

Thanks all for nice recommendation.....I am sure it will be fun with it.......cheers