Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would you...

Default Re: would you...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    speak up for a friend even if he/she was wrong (& you know it)?

Discuss.
    utilitarian theory vs kant's deontology

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    utilitarian theory vs kant's deontology
    who is Kant?
    have u seen the "light" yet?

however close i am to a friend it does nobody any good to take sides.

early on in any situation its easier to apologise than to heap 1 lie after another, by that time apologise oso cannot save the situation...

the FAQ and Feedback has a real life example. shows that even not life & death, its better to face the facts early on. dun live to regret.
    When I mentioned 'close'.. as you do not know a person well enough, it is pointness to say. He or she may not accept what you said. Instead of solving an issue, you may make it worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    When I mentioned 'close'.. as you do not know a person well enough, it is pointness to say. He or she may not accept what you said. Instead of solving an issue, you may make it worst.
    if not clo9se, den i'll prefer not to say anything on his/her behalf. that would equal not speaking up.

when situation permits (sometimes people no mood to listen den dun say loh), i'll explain why i did what i did, or did not do. if dunno well enough, anyhow speak up oso will make matters worse wan. if dun accept wad i say over 1 matter, this type of friend hard to keep.

choose friends wisely.

let's not talk about friends. let's just start with the concept of right and wrong.

you wanted to push another person to cause him injury. you did so, with ill intent, but when you pushed him, you saved him from being killed by a sniper's bullet.

are you right in saving his life (though you did not intend to do so, and you would not intend to take his life either), or wrong in wanting to cause him harm?

the people who see things in absolute black and white are to be pitied. the ones who think that there is one absolute answer, that they have the vested power to even judge properly, that they are doing more than just expressing a point of view.. the same goes for them.
    Last edited by night86mare; 4th April 2009 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    let's not talk about friends. let's just start with the concept of right and wrong.

you wanted to push another person to cause him injury. you did so, with ill intent, but when you pushed him, you saved him from being killed by a sniper's bullet.

are you right in saving his life (though you did not intend to do so, and you would not intend to take his life either), or wrong in wanting to cause him harm?

the people who see things in absolute black and white are to be pitied. the ones who think that there is one absolute answer, that they have the vested power to even judge properly, that they are doing more than just expressing a point of view.. the same goes for them.
    your "story" is out out context ler, that is why my 1st post din start with any, cos anyone can write a story to support his/her hypothesis. i oso dun 1 2 dwell on where the bullet land... den wait come out story telling, TCSS thread.

put simply- 2 wrong, does not make things right. certainly might alone, does not make it right.

your "story" is out out context ler, that is why my 1st post din start with any, cos anyone can write a story to support his/her hypothesis. i oso dun 1 2 dwell on where the bullet land... den wait come out story telling, TCSS thread.
    is it that out of context?

you made it a vague thread, there are so many grey areas in life, are you saying you know for sure a 100% accurate value judgement all of the time?

if you do, you have my condolences.. or congratulations, depending on the situation.. since you will either be a very happy delusional man, or a very unhappy realist.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is it that out of context?

you made it a vague thread, there are so many grey areas in life, are you saying you know for sure a 100% accurate value judgement all of the time?

if you do, you have my condolences.. or congratulations, depending on the situation.. since you will either be a very happy delusional man, or a very unhappy realist.
    to you its not loh (your opinion)...

i do not have an inaccuracy rate of 100%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12