Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Question about filters

  1. #1

    Default Question about filters

    I was wondering if I should get a Hoya HD or Pro1D filter?

    From what i see from the website, Pro1D has very good coating and HD is hard and durable and very easy to clean..

    But they never state if HD is using a good coating anot. So I'm kinda stuck in between both of them.

    I was also wondering if Phottix filters are good? Couldn't find much reviews or comments on Phottix filters yet.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Question about filters

    Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    I was wondering if I should get a Hoya HD or Pro1D filter?

    From what i see from the website, Pro1D has very good coating and HD is hard and durable and very easy to clean..

    But they never state if HD is using a good coating anot. So I'm kinda stuck in between both of them.

    I was also wondering if Phottix filters are good? Couldn't find much reviews or comments on Phottix filters yet.
    The HD series are also multi-coated, no worries.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Question about filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    The HD series are also multi-coated, no worries.
    So I will get the Pro1D effect + the HD effect on HD filters?

    Or just normal HMC + HD effect?
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Question about filters

    Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    So I will get the Pro1D effect + the HD effect on HD filters?

    Or just normal HMC + HD effect?
    I've not used the HD filter so i can't comment on that. But generally they are a step above the Pro1D and are also the most costly.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Question about filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I've not used the HD filter so i can't comment on that. But generally they are a step above the Pro1D and are also the most costly.
    OK thanks for your help!

    Anybody willing to comment on Phottix filters?
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  6. #6

    Default Re: Question about filters

    Seems like nobody use phottix filters?
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •