Thread: Getting EE error message when using AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D lens

Default Getting EE error message when using AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D lens

Hi! Just got a used AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D lens. My D300 will show EE error message when I set the aperture ring other than f32. It only works when it's lock at f32. Is this normal or do I have a defective lens.

Default Re: Getting EE error message when using AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D lens

don't worry. that should be normal. if i remember correctly, older lenses with an aperture ring should be set to the smallest aperture for the camera body to work.

Default Re: Getting EE error message when using AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D lens

Thanks for the info.

please read you manual.
    if the cam is operated in P or S mode then you have to set the aperture ring to smallest possible aperture... otherwise the cam cannot close the aperture to that value.
    if you shoot in A or M then you have the option to set the aperture with the command dial OR the aperture ring. there is menu option to change that.
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr