Thread: Another sunrise in Genting...

Default Another sunrise in Genting...

whoa!!! shiok! i love it! pray tell... what's the EXIF for this shot? secret manual sial!

er... don't think have EXIF. probably on film/slides, scanned.

oops... okokok, so pray tell... your er... settings (?) for the shot? lens, aperture, filters, film?

Quote Originally Posted by JermsDayOut
    whoa!!! shiok! i love it! pray tell... what's the EXIF for this shot? secret manual sial!
    Thx, JermsDayOut...I was using film SLR for this...dun have the luxury of EXIF...

oops... okokok, so pray tell... your er... settings (?) for the shot? lens, aperture, filters, film?

Using the multi-spot feature, I metered the blue sky, the bright sun light & the shadow area then let the camera average 'em all...

Aperture f/16, using Fuji NPH 400, 17-40 f4L, circ-polarizer...
    Last edited by henavs; 28th October 2003 at 12:24 AM.

Hi Henavs,

I think the picture might look better if you can shoot it earlier when the clouds in the sky still retain certain warm color plus orange red & some purple color cause this color also appear on the structure itself. Anyway, this is just my point of view. No offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Hi Henavs,

I think the picture might look better if you can shoot it earlier when the clouds in the sky still retain certain warm color plus orange red & some purple color cause this color also appear on the structure itself. Anyway, this is just my point of view. No offend.
    Spectrum, I may have to agree and disagree with you in this. Yes, if shot earlier, you can or may get the colour effects you or we desired. But, the luminousity of those coloured roofs may be compromised or discounted with earlier, subtle lighting... which I think this is not what henavas wanted.

Henavas, good job in detecting the potential of this shot. I really like it...

Here is a cropped version, let me know if you like or dislike it:

it sure looks better cropped for me

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Hi Henavs,

Well, this has to do with timing also...Tat morning, I could only shoot after I managed to get my queue no. for the hotel room.

The moment I grab my cam & went outside, the sun has already risen quite a bit...But this was perfect lighting in my eyes at the moment...

Thx for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by jasphotography
    Henavas, good job in detecting the potential of this shot. I really like it...

Here is a cropped version, let me know if you like or dislike it:

That is a good cropping, jasphotography...

Its now has less wasted shadow area & conform nicely to the rule of third... I like it...

WOW...!!

very beautiful picture....!

btw, henavs, how do you determine the picture is well conformed to the rule of third?

care to share?

cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    WOW...!!

very beautiful picture....!

btw, henavs, how do you determine the picture is well conformed to the rule of third?

care to share?

cheers...
    Thx, SuRfTeC...

Well, its not tat hard actually...

Look at others' pictures more and study their composition. When u found the one that u really like, pay attention on how the photog place the objects...

When u take picture, try placing the imaginative grid in ur viewfinder and compose ur shot...

Here are some tips on composition

http://www.apogeephoto.com/jan2002/altengarten.shtml

http://www.scphoto.com/html/composition.html

http://www.ukphotographics.co.uk/tou...pe/ls_0501.cfm

Of course, like every other rules, the rule of thirds can be broken...

My 0.2 bytes worth

Quote Originally Posted by henavs
    That is a good cropping, jasphotography...

Its now has less wasted shadow area & conform nicely to the rule of third... I like it...

The grids work really nice too

Great shot! I would agree that an earlier timing might not work as well as there wouldn't such a great contrast in colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Great shot! I would agree that an earlier timing might not work as well as there wouldn't such a great contrast in colours.

Thx...Zerstorer

Quote Originally Posted by henavs
    Thx, SuRfTeC...

Well, its not tat hard actually...

Look at others' pictures more and study their composition. When u found the one that u really like, pay attention on how the photog place the objects...

When u take picture, try placing the imaginative grid in ur viewfinder and compose ur shot...

Here are some tips on composition

http://www.apogeephoto.com/jan2002/altengarten.shtml

http://www.scphoto.com/html/composition.html

http://www.ukphotographics.co.uk/tou...pe/ls_0501.cfm

Of course, like every other rules, the rule of thirds can be broken...

My 0.2 bytes worth

thanks henavs,

will heed your advice... look at other's pictures more...
    so guy's... keep the coming k...

thanks for the site you recommend...

cheers..