Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Which prog to use

  1. #1

    Default Which prog to use

    Which cd should I install to edit my pictures? How come all the pics I saw is so nice? What kind of prog are u all using?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    I use irfanview cheap cheap (free). Crop & resize.

  3. #3
    Deregistered JT-Fied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In e Western part of SINGAPORE
    Posts
    529

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    There are quite a few editing programs around. Most common one would be adobe photoshop. But photoshop is kinda expensive... there are a few free softwares online like Gimp and picasa.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshii View Post
    Which cd should I install to edit my pictures? How come all the pics I saw is so nice? What kind of prog are u all using?
    What CD's do you have? I mean really, you need to give us more information here! We don't magically know what software you got with your camera, what software you have lying around the house, etc etc.

    Most people will use the tried-and-true photoshop. Mac users may use aperture.
    Alpha

  5. #5

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What CD's do you have? I mean really, you need to give us more information here! We don't magically know what software you got with your camera, what software you have lying around the house, etc etc.

    Most people will use the tried-and-true photoshop. Mac users may use aperture.
    I installed the CD inside the box..
    Pic style editor, digital photo pro, Zoom browser.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshii View Post
    I installed the CD inside the box..
    Pic style editor, digital photo pro, Zoom browser.
    If you want people to help you please be specific.
    People want to help but they have limit also.

    Wait long long you think we can grow mind power to read your mind
    First of all... CD inside the box ... what box is that?
    I am thinking bento box now.

    If it is the box your camera comes with, tell us what camera, like brand and model.

    Go download irfanview, and dont forget to install.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    If you think it is difficult to use then dont even think of buying photoshop.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    If you want people to help you please be specific.
    People want to help but they have limit also.

    Wait long long you think we can grow mind power to read your mind
    First of all... CD inside the box ... what box is that?
    I am thinking bento box now.

    If it is the box your camera comes with, tell us what camera, like brand and model.

    Go download irfanview, and dont forget to install.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    If you think it is difficult to use then dont even think of buying photoshop.

    hey relax.....why are u so fierce? U need not help if you find it a chore.....there is always 1st time..

  8. #8
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshii View Post
    I installed the CD inside the box..
    Pic style editor, digital photo pro, Zoom browser.
    Zoom browser, sounds like Canon. Read the software manuals as provided with the CD, make yourself familiar with the basics of downloading pictures from your camera to your computer and basic image adjustments (exposure, saturation, cropping etc). Play with the Picture Styles, that's ok for the beginning. But you should watch what these Picture Styles do and how you can achieve the same "manually". Get some books about the basics of image editing. Maybe not about Photoshop in the beginning, it's quite expensive and the huge amount of features is really overwhelming. There are more and also free tools available.
    But: First it needs a properly taken picture. Composition, focus and exposure must be there, no software will recover blur pictures, blown highlights or a bad angle.

  9. #9
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by sirotan View Post
    hey relax.....why are u so fierce? U need not help if you find it a chore.....there is always 1st time..
    Read a bit more here and you'll understand what he means. The more specific a question is the better the answer. Generic questions are not useful, the wide range of possible answers will not provide much help. Also, what most members here prefer is when the asking person shows own initiative and own thinking. Something in the style of "I have checked here and there ... I have tried this and that". The plain "please tell me what to do" will only receive lots of funny or sarcastic comments and images of babies with oversized cutlery

  10. #10

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshii View Post
    I installed the CD inside the box..
    Pic style editor, digital photo pro, Zoom browser.
    Seems like your cam is a PnS? Not sure if your CD comes with Arcsoft Photo Studio? It's very basic photo editor that you can use. Otherwise you can get Adobe Photoshop Elements which is much simpler to use than Photoshop.

    For a powerful free image editor, just google for GIMP and download/install it.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Im sorry guys for not being specific.
    Im using Canon 1000D & have installed all the given CDs. Was viewing the 1000D & 450D gallery thread & realized the pics taken are very nice so was wondering which prog did you all use after installing the CDs.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshii View Post
    Im sorry guys for not being specific.
    Im using Canon 1000D & have installed all the given CDs. Was viewing the 1000D & 450D gallery thread & realized the pics taken are very nice so was wondering which prog did you all use after installing the CDs.
    Chances are, most users shot in RAW, then edited the pictures in photoshop.
    Alpha

  13. #13

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Want free use GIMP. Want comprehensive use Adobe (photoshop, lightroom). Want simple use Picassa.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    If you are using Canon 1000D, you should have DPP which you can use to edit JPEGS or RAW files.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Is photoshop difficult to use? Any user manual?

  16. #16
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Learn n read from books, many ways of editing photos

  17. #17

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by sirotan View Post
    Is photoshop difficult to use? Any user manual?
    I suggest you check the thousands of online tutorials and hundreds of books in the library.
    Alpha

  18. #18
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: Which prog to use

    Quote Originally Posted by sirotan View Post
    Is photoshop difficult to use? Any user manual?
    It's a complex tool that offers a wide range of possibilities ... I guess much more that you need in order to "learn walking" in that topic. Stick to DPP software provided with your camera. There are manuals on CD as well. Once you are familiar with the basics and you want more features then it makes sense to look at photoshop.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •