Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: compare Nissin Di622 with Lexus SB-3000AF

Default Re: compare Nissin Di622 with Lexus SB-3000AF

Quote Originally Posted by FireZ View Post
    yo bro..real thanks to u!!..been replying wif info..!!
    mind i ask you...is there a major different for GN44 comparing wif GN36??...
    nv play wif a flash b4...as in...played once..but..dind't notice that much since tat time i was jsu a starter(same for now though)...sad
    hi..so..regarding the above question i posted...
    any1 mind sharing?

hi..so..regarding the above question i posted...
    any1 mind sharing?
    Hi sorry for the late reply,
    Err GN= guide number meaning how far the light can reach @ that certain ISO number.

So for this case, Nissin has a reach of 44m at ISO 100. While Lexus has a reach of 36m at ISO 100.

But if you get the Lexus flash, you can zoom it to manually control the reach of your light. Here is the table:

Quote Originally Posted by mchaint View Post
    --Take note of the motoring zoom line--
    So to say, at 85mm zoom, at ISO 100, Lexus AF-3000 has a guide number of 36m. you can set the zoom at 24mm, means the spread of light would be wider.

To make things simpler, small zoom number means wider spread of light. Big zoom number means narrower spread of light(further in distance or more concentrated to a specific spot).

Haha hopes this helps, if in doubt you can ask again

Quote Originally Posted by ChongK View Post
    Hi sorry for the late reply,
    Err GN= guide number meaning how far the light can reach @ that certain ISO number.

So for this case, Nissin has a reach of 44m at ISO 100. While Lexus has a reach of 36m at ISO 100.

But if you get the Lexus flash, you can zoom it to manually control the reach of your light. Here is the table:

--Take note of the motoring zoom line--
    So to say, at 85mm zoom, at ISO 100, Lexus AF-3000 has a guide number of 36m. you can set the zoom at 24mm, means the spread of light would be wider.

To make things simpler, small zoom number means wider spread of light. Big zoom number means narrower spread of light(further in distance or more concentrated to a specific spot).

Haha hopes this helps, if in doubt you can ask again
    wow bro...tat's a very gd detail...compare to wat i search online which provides in technical term tat blur me...
    sound like...lexus more versatile though the GN isn't tat high....
    my next concern is...will it be under or overly expose....hm....not much review about this yet...
    lexus users...help comment if can..
    thanks a lot!
    cheers!

wow bro...tat's a very gd detail...compare to wat i search online which provides in technical term tat blur me...
    sound like...lexus more versatile though the GN isn't tat high....
    my next concern is...will it be under or overly expose....hm....not much review about this yet...
    lexus users...help comment if can..
    thanks a lot!
    cheers!
    Haha yes online information may sometimes be quite confusing. I would agree lexus is more versatile even though the GN is not that high. So its really up to you on wad you want, Nissin would be powerful but lack of control such as zooming control,f/number control. But if you are not concerned abt that then its a good flash to have

From my experience the Nissin flash performed quite well for me,under/over exposing is really depending on many factors. It could be the way you position the flash head eg--bounce 45 degrees,direct,180 degrees to the wall,or 90 degrees to the top-- Or the way you meter your subject. As these are third party flash, their TTL reading maybe there,but accurate or not is another thing. Unlike canon or nikon flash system that are made for their own cameras,so they are very accurate.

But i do believe now a days technology is quite advance so even though there are minor under/over exposure you can use photoshop. Best is to correct the problem on the spot.

Haha yes online information may sometimes be quite confusing. I would agree lexus is more versatile even though the GN is not that high. So its really up to you on wad you want, Nissin would be powerful but lack of control such as zooming control,f/number control. But if you are not concerned abt that then its a good flash to have

From my experience the Nissin flash performed quite well for me,under/over exposing is really depending on many factors. It could be the way you position the flash head eg--bounce 45 degrees,direct,180 degrees to the wall,or 90 degrees to the top-- Or the way you meter your subject. As these are third party flash, their TTL reading maybe there,but accurate or not is another thing. Unlike canon or nikon flash system that are made for their own cameras,so they are very accurate.

But i do believe now a days technology is quite advance so even though there are minor under/over exposure you can use photoshop. Best is to correct the problem on the spot.
    oic....thx bro for ur info...has been very valuable to me...
    thanks for e input ya..
    cheers!!!

oic....thx bro for ur info...has been very valuable to me...
    thanks for e input ya..
    cheers!!!
    No proble, bro. Hope you get the flash that you want

No proble, bro. Hope you get the flash that you want

thx bro....will take a bit of time to really decide..
    hehe...
    cheers!

i'm newbie.get my canon 450d last mth.intend 2 buy a flash.plan 2 get 580EXII.compare wit nissin,which 1 is better?

Quote Originally Posted by pingkee82 View Post
    i'm newbie.get my canon 450d last mth.intend 2 buy a flash.plan 2 get 580EXII.compare wit nissin,which 1 is better?
    yo bro...i think it will be better for your to start a new thread....since e topic didn't include canon flash...ppl wun really notice much...
    but some how...canon 580EXII sure win..isn't it?!..
    i don't think u shd compare canon 580 wif these 2 third party flashes...

happy hunting ya...
    coz i decided on lexus....
    btw..i double check wif the seller..the GN is 44 instead of 36....36 is the previous old model..
    hence...this new version is powerful too..
    cheers!

hmm, am i correct to say that the f/no. and iso manual controls are purely for off-camera flash setups? i'm intending to purchase one to use as my on-camera main flash for mainly portraits and events photography ( group shots mainly has to be effective ).

have done some research on the Nissin and found complaints that photos always turned out to be underexposed when direct flash is used ( must +1 ev ), only works well when bounced. true?

as for the Tumax, is it possible to make it work in full ETTL mode? i've not used an ext. flash before yet so i need to make it 'auto' before i finish learning the ins and outs of the device.

Tumax seems to have the highest GN number (45) compared to Nissin (GN44), how come some of them say nissin has the highest GN?

Quote Originally Posted by tester99 View Post
    hmm, am i correct to say that the f/no. and iso manual controls are purely for off-camera flash setups? i'm intending to purchase one to use as my on-camera main flash for mainly portraits and events photography ( group shots mainly has to be effective ).

have done some research on the Nissin and found complaints that photos always turned out to be underexposed when direct flash is used ( must +1 ev ), only works well when bounced. true?

as for the Tumax, is it possible to make it work in full ETTL mode? i've not used an ext. flash before yet so i need to make it 'auto' before i finish learning the ins and outs of the device.

Tumax seems to have the highest GN number (45) compared to Nissin (GN44), how come some of them say nissin has the highest GN?
    Hi...for wat i read wat...GN that being given tend not to be tat true...hence....for me i pretty can't b bother since i dun shoot tat far...

for e ?am i correct to say that the f/no. and iso manual controls are purely for off-camera flash setups?"....u can say so too....
    i prefer to use e TTl...gonna say e exposure is pretty well...do pm mchaint bro.....he is friendly and more than willing to assist you along e way..
    cheers!

oh okay, thanks for the reply man. haha. yup he's a nice guy - i actually bought a popup diffuser from him before. i also tried the tumax flash at his place that time.. but that was the cheaper auto version, so the pic came out overexposed due to short range. didn't have stocks of the manual $190 one.

how's the recycle time for your lexus? how many consecutive shots if set to continuous mode?

oh okay, thanks for the reply man. haha. yup he's a nice guy - i actually bought a popup diffuser from him before. i also tried the tumax flash at his place that time.. but that was the cheaper auto version, so the pic came out overexposed due to short range. didn't have stocks of the manual $190 one.

how's the recycle time for your lexus? how many consecutive shots if set to continuous mode?
    didn't try out other flashes b4....so i dunno whether is it counted fast or slow..

but..if u but the output power at 1/16....is pretty fast....but let say...at full power..around..2 to 3 sec wif fresh batteries..(if i didn't remember wrongly)....
    but in my own personal opinion...since i'm not shooting fashion shots...super fast recycle speed isn't an issue to me...
    so..it comes down to wat u r into...

as for overexposure issue, perhaps u wanna get the wide angle diffuser cap from him?...it works well for me doing shooting portraits...not much issue wif overexposure or under exposure..
    if u nid pics..i can send u a few though..provided u gif me ur email...
    cheers!

thanks for your review!

i've bought a 2nd hand opteka flashgun from a fellow CSer already - it's actually exactly the same OEM as the lexus one. haha. haven really try the flash yet because i'm waiting for my eneloops to arrive.

anyway i thought there's a built-in wide-angle diffuser plate for the flash? didn't seem to do much when i tested it though..

bro.. save money and buy cup noodles to eat lar

thanks for your review!

i've bought a 2nd hand opteka flashgun from a fellow CSer already - it's actually exactly the same OEM as the lexus one. haha. haven really try the flash yet because i'm waiting for my eneloops to arrive.

anyway i thought there's a built-in wide-angle diffuser plate for the flash? didn't seem to do much when i tested it though..
    tumax has its own diffuser....but i find it unpleasing comparing to the diffuser cap which i personally love it alot...
    anyway...hope u enjoy ur flash though..
    cheers!

ohh okay, noted. haha. there sure are a lot of different flash modifiers around. gonna diy and try everything, see which works best for me. thanks!

ohh okay, noted. haha. there sure are a lot of different flash modifiers around. gonna diy and try everything, see which works best for me. thanks!
    yup yup...try e better bound card too...i find it pretty nice to use for portrait where there is low ceiling...works well for me...

Hi all, am wondering if this thread is still alive ? ....

Firez, im facing the same problem as you now, sad to say. LOL. Im deciding to get a Nissin flash or Lexus SB3000AF.

But would like to post my question to all, see if any kind soul can help me regarding this.

Im more to Landscape shots and Night Shots, therefore distance is a unknown at times and bounce or E-TTL wouldnt be of any use.

For example : Taking night shot of CBD towers at the Esplanade bay, so i dont have a ceiling to bounce nor the distance is near which could reflect back.

In the above scenario, what is the advise that i should do ? Other than the external flash, what will i need to get for the flash so the pictures would not be under-exposed. (Eg. Softbox ? Flash Reflector ? Diffuser ? )

Really Apologise for the shallow understanding about this.
    Looking forward to all constructive advise and feedbacks.

CHEERS !~

Quote Originally Posted by Xeathor View Post
    Hi all, am wondering if this thread is still alive ? ....

Firez, im facing the same problem as you now, sad to say. LOL. Im deciding to get a Nissin flash or Lexus SB3000AF.

But would like to post my question to all, see if any kind soul can help me regarding this.

Im more to Landscape shots and Night Shots, therefore distance is a unknown at times and bounce or E-TTL wouldnt be of any use.

For example : Taking night shot of CBD towers at the Esplanade bay, so i dont have a ceiling to bounce nor the distance is near which could reflect back.

In the above scenario, what is the advise that i should do ? Other than the external flash, what will i need to get for the flash so the pictures would not be under-exposed. (Eg. Softbox ? Flash Reflector ? Diffuser ? )

Really Apologise for the shallow understanding about this.
    Looking forward to all constructive advise and feedbacks.

CHEERS !~
    morning...
    sorry..unable to answer much of ur questions coz i'm still learning..
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524759
    i used flash for pic 9.....no editing done...i think with -1EV...all pictures were hand-held...
    using TTL with better bounce card.....(not direct flash)...
    but as per regarding your question on shooting night shot..perhaps your most important equipment is stable tripod.....

cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast