Thread: Night shots of cityscape

Default Night shots of cityscape

My first few night shots on cityscape. Please comment.

Last edited by zipper; 27th October 2003 at 12:46 PM.

i find the 2nd picture lights of the building quite diffused... maybe it's just my subjective point of view... prob less exposure time would do the trick?

Hi! I like the last pic best but I would clone out the green lights. It's a nice composition that leads the eyes in. Excellent mood feel to it as well. The first 3 pics don quite cut for me. The tree in the first pic should go.

You can try some shot before the sky went dark completely. For example, if there's cloud in the sky, most likely that it'll gives you some nice color rendition esp. after the sun have set(cause there's where the sun set). Try it, and you'll know what I mean. Anyway, this are just to my knowledge only... There're more 'Masters' out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    You can try some shot before the sky went dark completely. For example, if there's cloud in the sky, most likely that it'll gives you some nice color rendition esp. after the sun have set(cause there's where the sun set). Try it, and you'll know what I mean. Anyway, this are just to my knowledge only... There're more 'Masters' out there.
    yup. there will be this nice red lining on the underside of the cloud caused by the setting sun. also try to shoot during the blue hour just after the sun sets, when the sky is still blue. a nice place to shoot from will be on the Sheares Bridge.

anyway there seems to be this mist in all your photos. try to shoot during a clear night instead.
    Last edited by mervlam; 29th October 2003 at 01:24 AM.

Default Thanks guys

for your comments and suggestions for improvement... points noted.

Thanks again.