Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 2

Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Wah... so hard to confirm. How to get from you leh?
    You really interested in it?

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    You really interested in it?

GMAN
    Ya. It sounds like a must for fireworks photography. I totally new to fireworks on DSLRs .

Wah... so hard to confirm. How to get from you leh?
    I can lend it to u first..but u got to come to paya lebar n take it from me..

Ya. It sounds like a must for fireworks photography. I totally new to fireworks on DSLRs .
    Oh. I've not taken fire works before too.

GMAN

a piece of advise, do go early to chop place for fw.

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    I can lend it to u first..but u got to come to paya lebar n take it from me..
    Hmm... I'm not sure if I'll drop by Paya Lebar tomorrow afternoon but I will go to Kallang area in my frd's van to check out something. Will let you know again.

Thanks for the offer bro .

Oh. I've not taken fire works before too.

GMAN
    So how to get from you if I really want? Batteries included with the adapter? If not, I need to know what type of battery I have to get for it.
    Last edited by NovJoe; 9th April 2009 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    buy me 0.90c kopi next session....

when shutter opens, sensor will record all light falling onto it.
    using a black card to block light from falling onto the sensor, there will be no recording of light. so it is as if shutter is close. when u remove the black card, it will resume recording.

it is an analogy to tell the sensor what to record and what not to record.
    Hmm... I just tried out but the recording will start once you press the shutter button. During the shutter press, it will not capture anything even when I move to an object unless I release the shutter button in BULB mode.

Did I do something wrong here?

Hmm... I just tried out but the recording will start once you press the shutter button. During the shutter press, it will not capture anything even when I move to an object unless I release the shutter button in BULB mode.

Did I do something wrong here?
    u should be able to shoot in bulb mode mah.
    when u press shutter, the mirror flips up and u can see the sensor.
    when u release, the mirror flips back into position.

u can verify this by shooting in bulb mode, without lens being mounted.

Hmm... I'm not sure if I'll drop by Paya Lebar tomorrow afternoon but I will go to Kallang area in my frd's van to check out something. Will let you know again.

Thanks for the offer bro .

So how to get from you if I really want? Batteries included with the adapter? If not, I need to know what type of battery I have to get for it.
    Batteries, everything included. I'm not a mean person. Haha. And it's 100% well taken care of.

GMAN

u should be able to shoot in bulb mode mah.
    when u press shutter, the mirror flips up and u can see the sensor.
    when u release, the mirror flips back into position.

u can verify this by shooting in bulb mode, without lens being mounted.
    Yes. But in your black card explaination, you point out that the black card will help block lights into the sensor and when the black card is removed, it will resumed recording. This is what confused me as I tried with a black paper but the recording starts immediately when I press the shutter in BULB mode.

I still a newbie in this so please forgive me if I get anything wrong.

Batteries, everything included. I'm not a mean person. Haha. And it's 100% well taken care of.

GMAN
    Hmm... can but how to get from you?

Yes. But in your black card explaination, you point out that the black card will help block lights into the sensor and when the black card is removed, it will resumed recording. This is what confused me as I tried with a black paper but the recording starts immediately when I press the shutter in BULB mode.

I still a newbie in this so please forgive me if I get anything wrong.
    hahah,,, no prob. i think i will tell u guys how it works in next kopi session...
    need to recharge liao...

taken from <here>. read the last 3 para.

When a new round of shells is launched, wait for them to get up to the height where others have been going off, then open the shutter with the camera set on "bulb." Use a cable release so you can do so without touching the camera body to prevent movement. Close the shutter when you think you've recorded what you want. Assuming that the only source of light is the exploding fireworks, the black sky will not record in the image. As mentioned, you will generally find that exposures of several seconds will give you good coverage but you may want to try up to thirty seconds to see what happens.

Another interesting option is to shoot double exposures. Since it is night, there shouldn't be much ambient light, making this easier than it might seem. Just leave your shutter open and cover the front of the lens with something dark like a piece of black cloth or even a baseball cap. When another burst is about to go off, uncover the lens to allow it to add to the exposure already recorded. Be careful not to actually touch the lens though to avoid blurring due to vibration.

And lastly, in amongst your keepers, be prepared to get a lot of shots that don't come out quite the way you had hoped. If you are shooting digital, you should have at least some sense of how things are going by referring to the images on your camera LCD, but if you are shooting film you'll have to rely at least in part on faith. There's a lot of guesswork and trial and error involved in getting good fireworks shots. This makes sense since one of the big draws that fireworks have is their surprise factor. The shells go up and with anticipation you await what you know must come next. But no matter how much you think you know when they will go off, you will sometimes be wrong. When you least expect it, they will explode across the sky with colors and patterns that will amaze the kid in you. It's part of the thrill of the experience, and part of the challenge of photographing it.

taken from <here>. read the last 3 para.

When a new round of shells is launched, wait for them to get up to the height where others have been going off, then open the shutter with the camera set on "bulb." Use a cable release so you can do so without touching the camera body to prevent movement. Close the shutter when you think you've recorded what you want. Assuming that the only source of light is the exploding fireworks, the black sky will not record in the image. As mentioned, you will generally find that exposures of several seconds will give you good coverage but you may want to try up to thirty seconds to see what happens.

Another interesting option is to shoot double exposures. Since it is night, there shouldn't be much ambient light, making this easier than it might seem. Just leave your shutter open and cover the front of the lens with something dark like a piece of black cloth or even a baseball cap. When another burst is about to go off, uncover the lens to allow it to add to the exposure already recorded. Be careful not to actually touch the lens though to avoid blurring due to vibration.

And lastly, in amongst your keepers, be prepared to get a lot of shots that don't come out quite the way you had hoped. If you are shooting digital, you should have at least some sense of how things are going by referring to the images on your camera LCD, but if you are shooting film you'll have to rely at least in part on faith. There's a lot of guesswork and trial and error involved in getting good fireworks shots. This makes sense since one of the big draws that fireworks have is their surprise factor. The shells go up and with anticipation you await what you know must come next. But no matter how much you think you know when they will go off, you will sometimes be wrong. When you least expect it, they will explode across the sky with colors and patterns that will amaze the kid in you. It's part of the thrill of the experience, and part of the challenge of photographing it.
    Thanks for the heads up !

I got a new crumpler 5MDH yesterday!
    Canon EOS 450D|EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    My flickr

dang my flickr accoutn gor revoked lol bought the thirdparty ones from clubsnapper. i think now i have a bad reputation, my photos wont get explored

Quote Originally Posted by La Vida View Post
    I got a new crumpler 5MDH yesterday!
    Spreading virus har...bring along hao lian next meeting ok.

anywhere to sss 2day??

i wouldn't mind coming....but i don't have a tripod or remote...and i'm completely new at this

Quote Originally Posted by rphotography View Post
    anywhere to sss 2day??
    There is SSS gathering tonight at Singapore Flyer organized by RyanG. Unless you are not talking tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by TheTengTheory View Post
    i wouldn't mind coming....but i don't have a tripod or remote...and i'm completely new at this
    Beg, borrow or steal... I am sure there are kind souls willing to share share, anyway not competition there lah. Best is you are new, everything say "I Dont Know"