Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I get a compact?

Default Re: Should I get a compact?

Quote Originally Posted by teebs View Post
    A camcorder is still smaller than a DSLR with all it's lenses and flash...

You could probably fit a camcorder + DV tapes + batteries + charger + compact + batteries + charger + SD cards into a reasonably sized shoulder bag...
    BTW, OT a bit, how you find the video quality of TZ15?

I have 870IS as my "video" cam but it's in SD, but I find it's quality is better than my F200EXR and Lumix FX01.

Intending to get one with HD, but I am not too attracted by the recent Canon's compact design (more for women)...

So trying to see if Lumix has improved on it's video since FX era...

Quote Originally Posted by nt9449 View Post
    Yup, that's why i mentioned u have to bring additional bag with either dslr or camcorder...

And probably the easy way out is to have the compact in your pocket...esp if going for light shopping...
    True...

But if TS is looking for a balance between taking good photos and good videos, then my assumption would be that a video cam + compact digicam would be better than a DSLR + video cam or a DSLR + compact...

Weight wise, the video cam + compact would be much lighter than the other two options...

Quote Originally Posted by nt9449 View Post
    BTW, OT a bit, how you find the video quality of TZ15?

I have 870IS as my "video" cam but it's in SD, but I find it's quality is better than my F200EXR and Lumix FX01.

Intending to get one with HD, but I am not too attracted by the recent Canon's compact design (more for women)...

So trying to see if Lumix has improved on it's video since FX era...
    I think the video quality is better than what I can get on my IXUS 800 but then the IXUS 800 is an older model than the IXUS 870...

The one thing I like about the TZ15 is that the 10X zoom is enabled in video recording but the video af is really a bit slow and HD recording is in 30fps. Also one drawback is the sound recording is pretty bad even compared to my IXUS 800... You can actually hear the zoom motor in the video recording...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12